Introductions!

13»

Replies

• vrpeacestar
    vrpeacestar Posts: 11 Member
    Hi. I'm Vanessa from Texas. I'm 27 and I plan on having gastric bypass in a few months. Is anyone active in this group? does anyone have any advice?
  • vanillarose77
    vanillarose77 Posts: 159 Member
    Hello my name is Jennifer and I live in Topeka Ks, but origianlly from California. I just had the Roux-en-Y surgery December 30th 2015. I am back on normal foods and i'm still having issues adjusting. and all my family lives in Cali so i have no support systems or anyone to talk to who know's what i'm going through. i could really use some friends that would understand.
  • karenbearz11
    karenbearz11 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi Everyone, I'm Karen and I'm scheduled for RNY on April 22. I'm starting at over 300lbs and can hardly wait to start shedding these excessive layers!
    I'm starting my high protein liquid diet on Friday (apr8) and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
  • aezaidan
    aezaidan Posts: 31 Member
    Hi! I'm Ann. I had bypass 8/22/16 in Tijuana, Mexico. The surgery went well. I has a small complication a month post op where I had a stricture, but they expanded it and I seem to be on the mend. I'm working on getting my food addiction in check, next. Trying to get on track!
  • twosons08
    twosons08 Posts: 46 Member
    Hi, my name is Naveen. I live in Toronto Ontario. I'm 45 years old and a working mom of two grown-up boys ages 18 and 19. I'm scheduled to have the RNY on March 26, 2017. I'm both excited and nervous about this big change. Would love to be part of an active support group.
  • summerdreams94
    summerdreams94 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello! My name is Summer and I'm from The East Coast of Florida. I'm 40, currently unemployed, and had my RNY on Nov 18, 2016. I've lost 66.6 lbs as of today, and have 30 more to go to hit my healthy BMI. My goal is between 150-135. I'm so excited to be a part of this group!
  • iafunegurl
    iafunegurl Posts: 12 Member
    Hi! I'm Cathy & I'm from SE Iowa. I have 2 kids, 12 & 18. I am 48 years old & had my RNY 1/30/17. I lost 80 lbs before surgery & 44 since. My personal goal is 180, so I have 44 lbs to reach it. I'm 5'8. HW 340 SW 332 CW 224.
    I've never been much into exercise but started walking again. (I think I found a partner that actually wants to walk.)
    I am in remission from diabetes, my blood pressure is the lowest it's been in 15 years, my depression is lessening.
  • jencash223
    jencash223 Posts: 4 Member
    Hello Again! Not sure what happened to my first post but I'm reposting. Forgive me if this posts twice. I'm Jen. 49-years old and happily married to my husband of 29 years. We have one son age 14. I am a stay-at-home Mom and Wife and live in Wells, Maine. I am currently waiting for my surgery date and have met all pre-surgery goals. I have Type 2 diabetes which is my motivation for surgery. It has taken me over 14 years to have the courage for surgery but I am ready and committed. I am having surgery in Portsmouth, New Hampshire through Atlantic Surgical Associates at Portsmouth Regional Hospital. I am looking for support, encouragement and friendship. Please add me if you like.
  • BBWmomma
    BBWmomma Posts: 18 Member
    Hello! I had my RNY on 8/29/17. I love MFP and have decided to continue using it throughout my journey. Feel free to friend me if you'd like. I would love to have some friends who understand that wls is not the "easy way out".
  • mickelwithers
    mickelwithers Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I’m Mike, I am 6 months post op RNY. I was, last May, 285lbs at my heaviest. This was due to injuries I received in Iraq in the Army. I was a roadside bomb hunter and well one too many found me sadly. I was medevac and had surgery in a portable tent style OR. That’s where they took out some of my intestines and repaired the wounds. After this I started gaining and my stomach slowly stopped working. Nerve damage apparently was the culprit. Over the years the gastroparisis got worse and was at the point where during the emptying study I still had 80% left after 4hrs. So I could not take the medicine because of got mental side effects, therefore, the RNY was an experimental option.
    I opted in and in September 2017 I had the surgery. I did have a bleed after I got home due to that blood thinner and springing a leak inside. That was an easy fix and I have been great since. I am at my goal of 160-165, and trying to maintain.
    I downloaded this app to be able to track my calories. I don’t get hardly half of what my nutritional goal is. Sadly I eat really healthy, protein packed, low carb, very very low if any sugar foods. Sadly the calorie value of these are very low. I have to start snacking more, which is now in my brain, counter intuitive to what I have been reprogrammed to do.
    To close I would like to open myself to anyone that needs help, a friend, or just a crazy motivator like me to remind you that it can be done! Please add me and message me. I am a divorced, 100% disabled vet, and retired at only 36, so trust me I am bored 99% of that time. I have all the time in the world to spend on myself and I know lots of, if not most, do not have that option. Anything I can do to help and if you have any suggestions for me please again do not hesitate to send me a message.

It is a pleasure to meet y’all and I hope to make lots of new and wonderful friends along the way.

Happy to help,
    Sgt. Mike Withers (Ret)
  • tonyal65
    tonyal65 Posts: 7 Member
    Hi, I’m Tonya. I am 52 years old, have one son who is 25 and two dogs. I have been overweight all my life and after years of trying to lose weight on my own and failing, I just had gastric bypass surgery on 4/17/18. Still on liquids and struggling to get the 48 oz of fluids and 70 grams of protein they recommend. I start on the pureed stage this coming Tuesday. Looking forward to something other than liquids.
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    tonyal65 wrote: »
    Hi, I’m Tonya. I am 52 years old, have one son who is 25 and two dogs. I have been overweight all my life and after years of trying to lose weight on my own and failing, I just had gastric bypass surgery on 4/17/18. Still on liquids and struggling to get the 48 oz of fluids and 70 grams of protein they recommend. I start on the pureed stage this coming Tuesday. Looking forward to something other than liquids.

Tonya, I'm just in my first month of a 4 month program before bypass surgery. The post-op diet is really scary. How are you doing?
  • BooLives82
    BooLives82 Posts: 26 Member
    Hello,
    I am Mandy. I am scheduled for my surgery on September 19. I am having a RNY gastric bypass. I am excited for my future. I have always been on the heavier side, and have had multiple health issues because of my weight. I am excited and nervous at the same time. I am looking for support from those who have been through this surgery. Please add me... Thank You in advance.
  • joannecussen27
    joannecussen27 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi im. Joanne.. I was bypassed last year.. I need help with diet to keep me on track as I've lost all my weight.. Terrified of putting it back on so hopefully this will be helpful
  • AndreaAkins81
    AndreaAkins81 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone! I am Andrea and had RNY on August 23,2018. It was one of the hardest decisions I have made in my life. One that I do not have any regrets about.. I am currently eating regular solids and thinking about going on a Ketogenic diet. Has anyone done this?
  • Shtacey1
    Shtacey1 Posts: 1 Member
    How’s it going? I’m stacey and I had Gastric Bypass in Toronto on December 7, 2018 (2 weeks ago). Still just figuring things out as I come to the end of the full fluids phase.

So far things have been a total breeze... so much so that I am almost wondering if I even had the surgery. I certainly don’t feel full off my full fluid meals...

I am hoping that changes tomorrow when I move to purées.

I’d love to hear any advice!
  • Gloria67648
    Gloria67648 Posts: 108 Member
    No posts since 2015! Where is everybody?
  • annelasley
    annelasley Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! Having surgery on April 3rd, start my pre-op diet today!
  • jemwebb9451
    jemwebb9451 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi Anne. I had my RNYGP revision on 4/3 as well. How are you doing? Want to pair up as friends for tracking?