Okay...McDonald's...Yes, No, Sometimes?

Replies

• ellensue553
    ellensue553 Posts: 7 Member
    I don't. But I'm not really into fast food. I prefer to eat at restaurants every once in a while or cook something new at home if I want something really good.

I can't even tell you the last time I ate at a McDonalds. I think the last time I had fast food was on Memorial Day weekend. We stopped at Chik Fil A and I had a salad with no dressing. That was about it.

• 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 138 Member
    I've never had a McDonalds. I went in once for a coffee because it was the only place open. The coffee was rubbish, and the food has never tempted me. Guess I'm odd!
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    edited July 2015
    I've never had a McDonalds. I went in once for a coffee because it was the only place open. The coffee was rubbish, and the food has never tempted me. Guess I'm odd!

The coffee is terrible. It's not just you lol.

I rarely have McDonald's, mainly because I don't want to spend the money on it. If I do go, I will get a double cheeseburger kids meal (Hey free toy!) That seems to fit my calorie and macro goals the best.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Seems like Mcdonalds has a lot of good options. The egg white stuff seems reasonable as well as the grilled chicken stuff. I haven't had mcdonalds in about 10 years, haha but sometimes I still crave it.
  • sapphire1166
    sapphire1166 Posts: 114 Member
    I hit up McDonald's twice a month or so (more lately as we're selling our house/buying a new one and life is hectic) and I fit it into my calorie goals. Funny enough, when I wasn't counting calories I would fill up almost daily on multiple McDoubles, apple pies, and fries. I wouldn't even enjoy most of it and would feel so bloated and gross afterwards.

After counting calories I tried their new Artisan Grilled Chicken Sandwich, and holy smokes, that thing is delicious. They've got a new bun that's got some sort of glaze on it that I love. Add a side salad with low fat vinaigrette and dinner is served for less than 425 calories.

Nothing is "bad" when it comes to food. It's just about making it fit into your calories and not going overboard.
  • Dariasen
    Dariasen Posts: 145 Member
    I have a kid on the spectrum so we have a "food schedule" that we follow or else chaos ensues so we eat out 3+ time more a week (Taco Tuesdays, Wendy's Wednesdays, Panera Fridays). He'll very rarely eat a home cooked meal and with our schedule of doctors and groups I barely cook at home anyway.
    I've learned the better choices on the menu or will pay the extra few cents to not get the full meal. It's within my calorie range. Is it as good for us as a home cooked meal nutrition wise?..no...but it's better than not eating at all.
  • vickypalfreyman471
    vickypalfreyman471 Posts: 50 Member
    I have a medium Big Mac meal with a diet coke every now and again, usually after a very light lunch and 5 hours of walking around a shopping centre! Always fits into my calorie allowance and always still lost 1 - 2lb in that week. I always really enjoy it but I'm not left feeling full for very long! I can deal with that though as it's normally time for bed as soon as I get home. Lost 60lb in 6 months having macdonalds, KFC, Dominos Pizza.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Never! Haven't had McDonald's since grade school and never get tempted. Not much of a fast food person.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    The only time we go is on the road and need to move in a hurry, otherwise we're really trying to get the kids interested in local mom & pop spots - Diners, Pubs, and the like. Then again we very rarely eat out and cook most of our meals at home.

I would much rather get a burger at a local dive than hit up any commercial chain - just better food in my opinion.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    I haven't had McDonald's in over 3 yrs. I sometimes crave it but then I remember why I gave it up. I still eat fast food from other places but I do this maybe twice a month.
  • msharrington315
    msharrington315 Posts: 200 Member
    I love the McD's vanilla cone... 170 calories...
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    I haven't had it in years and years. Usually it makes me feel not well and I can make something yummy and higher volume for the same amount of calories at home. Nothing wrong with it if you want to work it into a balanced diet though.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Get in to the habit of logging your meals - even the naughty ones. But also allow yourself that one meal that isn't necessary counted. Yeah, you may gain a pound, you may stay the same - but isn't this about having a sustainable lifestyle? You clearly aren't going to order McDonalds every single day so I'd give yourself a break :)
  • msharrington315
    msharrington315 Posts: 200 Member
    arditarose wrote: »
    I haven't had it in years and years. Usually it makes me feel not well and I can make something yummy and higher volume for the same amount of calories at home. Nothing wrong with it if you want to work it into a balanced diet though.

I agree. Though I would rather "spend" my calories on a good quality hamburger than one from McD's if I am going to have one.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Fast food is tough. It is very easy to overeat at a fast food place, and portion sizes get ridiculous.
    When I first started my journey, I couldn't control myself so I had to avoid them. Now I have a healthier relationship with food, and I can visit McDonalds and just order diet coke, cheeseburger, maybe a small fries....ice cream cone is a must. Its just calories and they fit. I am kind of cheap and tend to avoid fast food for that reason alone.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    No! I prefer Wendy's.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    My slim daughter loves McDonald's, ready to buy shares now that they've come up with self-serve order touch screens. She ate a wrap the last time we went there.

I prefer Wendy's because I think the salads are fresher. I like the half order chili salad.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited August 2015
    arditarose wrote: »

I agree. Though I would rather "spend" my calories on a good quality hamburger than one from McD's if I am going to have one.

This. It's easy to make a low calorie burger at home if I want one that (to me) tastes much better than McD's or the like. If I want to splurge and go out for a burger, I'm going to go somewhere with a really amazing one that's worth the calories (and the calories will be likely more than something I'd get at McD's, true). Also, I tend to like going out to eat because of atmosphere, so even if I liked fast food I doubt I'd be tempted.

But if someone likes McD's a lot and finds the calories worth it, that's a different story.
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    For me its a sometimes, the other day had BK, couldn't believe 1000 calories! Enjoyed it tho, felt like I was in heaven for a while but not long after that I felt hungry again, didn't feel nutritionally satisfied. Now understand why they are called "empty calories"

• Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    I had a mcdouble for breakfast and I do not feel bad about it! I know I will make it work with my allotted cals and I rarely eat out.