What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• msharrington315
    msharrington315 Posts: 200 Member
    How I use to stand to the side of my coworkers' cubicles to hide my body... I found myself still doing that behavior even after I had lost over 200 pounds... I echo a lot of what was said above. The other interesting thing was getting negative reactions from people who felt bad about themselves after my dramatic weight loss...
  • happyhomemaker88
    happyhomemaker88 Posts: 9 Member

deliacm wrote: »
    Saving your armpits is much more difficult, because there's more gap and the razor doesn't fit properly so you can't shave as closely.

THIS absolutely... I had to completely re-learn how to shave my armpits...ridiculous!!

*lifts arms, feels armpit... takes note. ;)

OMG!!! So true!! LOL
  • andympanda
    andympanda Posts: 763 Member
    memickee wrote: »
    How much more work it is to burn the same amount of calories at a lower weight :(

Don't I know that. always getting used to eating less and less.
  • rawl58
    rawl58 Posts: 8 Member
    Great thread!
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    andympanda wrote: »
    I used to hate people who said they just had 10 pounds to lose. well, I have hit the point where I am just under 10 pounds to a normal BMI. Putting foot in mouth now

Yes! I'm just about in the same place (12 pounds to go). When you have 80 to lose, as I did when I started, 10 seems like NOTHING. Now it seems like Mt. Everest!

The thing is though, you started at a very high weight, you weren't only 10 lbs overweight. If that was all you had to lose then yes, I'll kick you in the *kitten* for complaining about it but that's not the case. You have a right to gripe about that last little hill you want to overcome. Cannot wait until the day I'm standing next to you and b:tching about my last 10!
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 819 Member
    that your shorts will actually ride up more, because there is less thigh chub rub to hold them in place.
  • slinke2014
    slinke2014 Posts: 149 Member
    mcornall88 wrote: »
    PINS AND NEEDLES ALL THE DAMN TIME!

That sounds like a circulatory issue, Might want to mention it to your DR.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!