Need a show to binge on...while exercising!

Emily3907
Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
edited September 2015 in Fitness and Exercise
I am a person that needs music or something to pass the time while working out. I like to watch shows while on the treadmill. I am currently doing the C25K, so I need a good show that is about 30 mins long to start watching. I just finished "United States of Tara" (behind the game on that one! LOL)

Any good drama/comedies that are about 30 mins long? I have Hulu, Netflix and Amazon Prime capabilities. I prefer something with a deep story line that keeps you watching (so not many sitcoms).

Thanks!

Replies

• Shan1097
    Shan1097 Posts: 1 Member
    not sure if you watched this or not but it is more of a drama suspense style on netflix the fall. It has the girl from xfiles and then the guy from 50 shades.. I loved it
  • jaqcan
    jaqcan Posts: 498 Member
    The Following
    Dexter
    The Good Wife
    S.O.A.
    Orange is the New Black
    They're all probably closer to 45 minutes (hour long tv shows) Most sitcoms are 30 mins. Dramas need a bit more time. Or use the last 15 minutes to sip water and relax after a good workout!
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Grace and Frankie with Jane Fonda, Lily Tomlin, Martin Sheen, Sam Waterston, is funny.
  • Faithhopenlove
    Faithhopenlove Posts: 85 Member
    following this post would love to see what other ppl watch. ( I usually watch extreme makeover weight loss editon)
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Archer, Drunk History, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt,
  • Scrubs, Orange is the New Black, Archer, The Mindy Project
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Sons of Anarchy
    Desperate Housewives
    The West Wing
    The Walking Dead
    House
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    The Wire is my favorite
  • hybridtheory45
    hybridtheory45 Posts: 84 Member
    Peaky Blinders, Vikings, The Tudors The Borgias
  • Katzedernacht
    Katzedernacht Posts: 266 Member
    Breaking bad!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Boardwalk Empire
  • gaelicstorm26
    gaelicstorm26 Posts: 589 Member
    30 minute dramas are hard to come by!

I personally like Bates Motel, AHS, Criminal Minds, etc. I like spooky stuff and crime dramas. I know those are all longer than 30 minutes though.

A 30-minute show I can think of on Netflix that isn't a sitcom is The Twilight Zone if you like that sort of thing. Sorry, my taste in television is weird.
  • Big Bang Theory, Revenge, Brain Games (makes you think), Fringe
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Thanks for the suggestions! Some of these I have already seen, but I have a list going of the other to check them out!

My husband also watches shows while working out and he has finished Breaking Bad and is in the middle of SOA. He is trying to get me to watch them, so I may give those a try. I guess I could always do some kettlebell swings and stretching after my 30 mins to finish off a longer show. No harm in that!

Today I watched the pilot for Army Wives and it seems like it could be good. Great suggestions everyone - thanks!
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Under the Dome
    House of Cards

Both are around 40mins per episode though....
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    american horror story
  • BrookWozniak
    BrookWozniak Posts: 5 Member
    Orphan Black (Amazon prime)
  • PrimroseFlower
    PrimroseFlower Posts: 110 Member
    Breaking bad!
    Yes!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Oooh United states of Tara!!! I love that show!
    I've been working my way through quantum leap lately. And I'm about to start on my Dr who collection again