What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• aliciasilfies
    aliciasilfies Posts: 179 Member
    CJsf1t wrote: »
    I haven't been able to do my normal workout routine, since most of my equipment is still packed in boxes from my recent move. But I have made sure to get my steps in everyday with my FitBit to make up for it. Before I wouldn't have even cared and just flopped on the couch with junk food and a movie!

I also just checked out the pool at my new complex for the first time and my first thought was "I wonder if they allow people to swim laps?"
    Good job girl! Way to go :)

Thanks!! :smile:
  • Bowsergirl
    Bowsergirl Posts: 89 Member
    I kept getting sweat in my eyes when I was working out today.
    I've never worked out that hard before.
  • Pammalla
    Pammalla Posts: 71 Member
    A pair of pants I got two years ago and where too small then now fit
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    I just went for a yearly checkup. Since the last one was 2 years ago, I got really good news. My total cholesterol went from 236 to 162. My LDL (this is the bad cholesterol) went from 143 to 103!
  • athenawj
    athenawj Posts: 23 Member
    Bought a size 8 pair of jeans. Size 8! I haven't worn that size in 24 years.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Congratulations!
  • ttfnweight
    ttfnweight Posts: 202 Member
    I wasn't going to post because it was a small victory. But then I thought what the heck. I lost 2 inches on my waist 1 1/2 on my chest 1 inch in my hips and 1 inch on my thighs! Yay
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member
    ttfnweight wrote: »
    I wasn't going to post because it was a small victory. But then I thought what the heck. I lost 2 inches on my waist 1 1/2 on my chest 1 inch in my hips and 1 inch on my thighs! Yay

That's a great victory! Well done!

• lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    I wore pants that I haven't worn in a while (they fit, just was wearing other items) and they felt pretty baggy in areas compared to the last time I wore them.

I did 155 squats PR

Did a bunch of different weight exercises today too. In a shirt this weekI noticed my arms looked smaller, more fabric.
  • Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Went clothes shopping yesterday to get some shirts, and the larges were all way too big, like to the point where they're ill-fitting and baggy in the neck and shoulders, had to switch out for mediums which fit correctly. :)
  • SalubriciousGirl
    SalubriciousGirl Posts: 33 Member
    Sorry, newbie here. What's NSV?
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Non Scale Victory...anything that is positive due to your hard work and food changes, that's not related to the scale.....Mine? I fit into the size 5s that have been waiting for me......FINALLY!
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    ttfnweight wrote: »

Small?! That is AWESOME!!!
  • morning_joy
    morning_joy Posts: 1,063 Member
    Putting on a company shirt that I had stuffed in my closet when I received it because it was so tight it was uncomfortable and it fit!!
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Just before we went on our walking holiday I bought a new sports/rain coat for daily use. For years I would buy in the men's section as with a short back and wide hips nothing in the female section fit over my hips. I now have a longer coat to my mid thigh, female area and a size M. I could fit a size down, but then it would not have fitted with a wintersweater, which is a very important consideration.

Second one; I walked Hadrian's Wall. A lot harder than our long distance walk last year. Even my husband (very fit runner) felt it was at the top end of his abilities. It was hard for me, but I did do it and with about 5 kg on my back the whole way (135 km plus)
  • SalubriciousGirl
    SalubriciousGirl Posts: 33 Member
    Non Scale Victory...anything that is positive due to your hard work and food changes, that's not related to the scale.....Mine? I fit into the size 5s that have been waiting for me......FINALLY!

Got it. Thanks @JustMissTracy
  • Fitting into a skin tight red dress that I bought 2 years ago and couldn't fit and receiving several compliments on it. Best feeling ever!
  • Josh_lol
    Josh_lol Posts: 317 Member
    Beat my personal best time at running 5k again today :)
  • rachellosesitall85
    rachellosesitall85 Posts: 497 Member
    edited September 2015
    I just tried on a stretchy (stretch waist included) pair of size 16 jeans that were so busted the seams in the front are splitting and the chub rub had worn them down so bad that the entire back of my right leg is fully exposed. They were LOOSE, no lower belly bulge and super roomy in the back. I also tried on an old college tank top which was super baggy when my gut and boobs used to stretch it to the max. Glad my hard work is finally showing up and out.
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Jogged in my third 5k event but it was the first timed one. Finished it in 28:24. Hard to believe I could ever do a mile in less than 10 minutes, let alone have a pace of getting just over three miles in under 30 minutes. It was a fun event too because the theme was super heroes.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!