Need midsection workout

Options
I'm a 26 yr old female who weighs 305lbs. I'm trying to find midsection workouts that aren't discouraging from the start. I want something that I can stick with.

Replies

• jenmckane86
    jenmckane86 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    What kind of workouts are you finding discouraging?

I like planks. Really not a whole lot to them and you can really increase your core strength over time.
  • LunaMischief
    LunaMischief Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Love planks. Crunches work. Squats work out your legs, booty and core at once.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    you really should consider full body workouts, not just midsection. At 305 your best bet is to focus on your diet, that's gonna do the most for your midsection. Add in something like walking and then ease into a workout program you enjoy as the weight comes off.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Midsection exercises tend to be low calorie burners, plus the calories don't selectively come off from your midsection - fat is burned from wherever your body chooses. So i'd follow a standard, full body strength program, plus cardio and calorie reduction. The latter 2 produce the biggest results. For strength, follow a pro-designed program for best results, like NROLFW, Stronglifts, Nerd Fitness, a personal trainer's program, etc. :+1:
  • hailssome
    hailssome Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I guess I should have mentioned I have been doing cardio, full body workouts, and watching my diet. I was just looking for additional ab workouts to help target my midsection more. Thank you all for the suggestions! :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,506 Member
    Options
    Put you hands on an unmovable surface about waist to chest high. Step back till your arms are almost straight, but you're still standing upright. Now push down hard as you can and tighten your abs for 10 to 15 seconds. Repeat 5 times or more.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels' "Killer abs" starts at level 1 which is very doable and works up to level 3, which is quite tough. I'm sure you can download it from Youtube. It works your entire midsection, not just abs and also include cardio intervalls to burn the fat.
  • rums1
    rums1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    what routine you are following for exercises?? like what ex. you do? in which order? i m new to start weight loss. it will be a great help for me @hailssome
  • strangesoul79
    strangesoul79 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Planks, crunches, wide leg crossing sit ups, low leg lifts, bicycles, Lots of stuff out there for core and abs.
  • hailssome
    hailssome Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about getting a kettle ball and resistance bands as well