My daughter is funny.....

memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
My 21 year old daughter just moved into her own apt and she doesn't have everything she needs yet. One of the things she is lacking is a microwave, granted not a necessity but a luxury. She says to me...
"Mom, I cooked dinner last night and have left overs but no way to heat them up!" I told her she could heat them in the oven and she said "But I made noodles too". I said "Well, you can do them on the stove or in the oven...What do you think we did before there were microwaves?" and she couldn't think of an answer!!!! Just goes to show how spoiled the younger generation is these days. Too funny!!!!

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    My 21 year old daughter just moved into her own apt and she doesn't have everything she needs yet. One of the things she is lacking is a microwave, granted not a necessity but a luxury. She says to me...
    "Mom, I cooked dinner last night and have left overs but no way to heat them up!" I told her she could heat them in the oven and she said "But I made noodles too". I said "Well, you can do them on the stove or in the oven...What do you think we did before there were microwaves?" and she couldn't think of an answer!!!! Just goes to show how spoiled the younger generation is these days. Too funny!!!!

Memaw
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    That is too funny. Im 27 however I can see my mom saying all those things to me. :laugh:
  • haha umm yea I have no idea what I would do without my microwave!!! ;)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    They're so cute when they first move out on their own.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,937 Member
    I wish my microwave would move out. It stopped working three years ago. It's a built-in and I can't afford a new one. But ovens and stoves DO still work! Funny, meemaw.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    I wish my microwave would move out. It stopped working three years ago. It's a built-in and I can't afford a new one. But ovens and stoves DO still work! Funny, meemaw.

haha . same problem !! lol.. mine is broken because my bf was heating up one of them bags that become warm ( it had cherry stones in it).. and it cought on fire !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    A microwave is a luxury but something I cannot live without.
    It takes 20+ minutes for my oven to heat up. Then it takes another 20 min to rewarm the food. By that point in time, I have already gnawed off my arm from hunger!
    I don't know if I've EVER reheated ANYTHING on the stove. How weird is that? I've never thought about it before....
  • memaw66
    I have a microwave but I still reheat things on the stove because to me the microwave makes certain things taste funny, like hamburger meat or it dries stuff out or makes it hard. I guess I'm just old fashioned.

Memaw
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    My 12 yr old son just ASSUMED that XBOX Live has been around since the dawn of time. He had no idea that we actually had to go outside and throw a REAL football.
  • memaw66
    My daugher didn't know what a music album was!!!! Geesh!
  • TRLTAMPA
    ya i made the awful mistake of trying to explain records and different speeds....their eyes just glazed over!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    my 9 yo niece was surprise that i knew all the lyrics from the song of the mammia movie,

she thinks abba is a brand new thing !!! .lol
  • memaw66
    Yeah, whenever the redo an old song and then I'm with my daughter and singing along she always asks how I know the words.

Too funny
  • TRLTAMPA
    My kids thought Smashmouth got their song from Shrek and that all the stuff in Moulin Rouge was new. OOOOO now I said Moulin Rouge.....gotta watch it again now!
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    what type of noodles did she make......one of my fav ways to have leftover spagetti.....get some olive oil and fry it.:tongue: yummy
  • memaw66
    what type of noodles did she make......one of my fav ways to have leftover spagetti.....get some olive oil and fry it.:tongue: yummy
    I don't know what kind she made but I guess they were the kind that CAN'T be heated any way but the microwave. LOL:laugh: