What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• Graceious1
    Graceious1 Posts: 716 Member
    My latest NSVs were today. I wear size 14 (UK) jeans and I managed to pull them down without undoing them. The other was when my companion told me that he noticed that my face was getting slimmer. What is working for me is my consistency in strength training (3x a week), Taekwondo (3 hours a week) and running (hour a week). I have increased more veg in my meals, make juices/smoothies and have switched from whole fat milk to almond or soya milk. Changing up my diet has made such a difference and I am so happy I could crap a rainbow.
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Today I had to go get my drivers license renewed. I actually weigh 8 lbs less now than in 2009. Plus I had gained quite a bit since then. I sometimes would notice someone's size at church and think I would love to be that size, now I am realizing I am getting very close to that size. I am much more liking the way I look. Still not done, but happy to be making a change in my life. Oh, and today I found a thinker type of yoga mat to do sit ups and stuff on for 11.49. I may actually enjoy doing them tomorrow morning. Keep the inspirations going.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    edited September 2015
    My son started 2yo preschool today and I spent the time he was there at the gym doing an indoor triathlon. Completed 3mile run, 16 mile bike and 1/2 mile swim in 1hr & 32 min. I now feel confident to sign up for an outdoor one.
  • ksalcido8
    ksalcido8 Posts: 21 Member
    I bought two pairs of size 16 pants and a bunch of medium shirts this weekend while they were on sale, thinking I will be able to wear them by mid October, but I tried them on to see where I was at, and they all fit!! I honestly don't remember ever wearing 16s. I know for sure my lowest size In high school and college has been 18 up until now :smiley:
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Fantastic!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Virkati wrote: »
    I saw my doc today. I am officially OFF the blood pressure meds. AND......................I can stop using the CPAP machine. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo!!!!

That's *THE BEST*! Nice job, you!
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    I saw my doc today. I am officially OFF the blood pressure meds. AND......................I can stop using the CPAP machine. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooo!!!!
    That's wonderful! Good job :)

• lseed87
    lseed87 Posts: 1,110 Member
    Everyone's doing so good!

Pretty much been walking around in shops for 5-6 hours and I'm still going to do my185 squats tonight since I didn't have time earlier. My feet kill but I feel I need to do them.

Arms look less flabby. Thank you, weights.

• Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    I am more fit and healthier than I have been in 6 years or so. My husband suprised me this morning for my B'day with a punching bag we saw a few weeks ago at a yard sale that I was still thinking about. My thick yoga mat for ab exercises this morning was awesome. Let the sweating continue!!!!!
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    I visit this thread everyday (sometimes more than once a day!) and am always motivated by everyone's NSV. I can't wait to experience more of them myself. Great job, everyone!
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    I got called Slim yesterday at work. I have never been called Slim in my life!!
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    I bought a workout shirt at Ardene's!! ARDENE'S!!!!

I'm going to miss the super friendly women at my local Pennington's!
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    After walking for about a month, and having a two-week stretch where I didn't miss a day, I hurt my knee Friday morning sitting down in a chair to put on my walking shoes. I hurt my knees a lot, which is one reason I started losing weight. Five days later, my knee finally stopped hurting and, even though I was not feeling well this morning, and my scoptophobia seemed to kick back in already a little bit, I got up and went for my walk and actually increased my speed by one minute. It would have been so easy for me to have given up, but I didn't. :smiley:
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    When I started this journey there was a woman in my BodyPump class that I thought looked pretty good. I figured if I ever got to that size I would be so very thrilled. Realized today I am smaller than she is. No she has not gained any, I am smaller. And yes, I am thrilled!
  • Diana_GettingFit
    Diana_GettingFit Posts: 458 Member

Those are the best NSV's! Congrats!

• icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    Went to a "legs, bums & tums" class on Monday and couldn't see anyone I wanted to swap my shoulders with! They're looking pretty good, even if I say so myself!
  • joinn68
    joinn68 Posts: 480 Member

Need a new washing machine.

Yes. It's definitely the machine :smile: Reminds when kids complain that their clothes have shrunk
  • hugheseva
    hugheseva Posts: 227 Member
    Young men checked me out...with appreciating smiles in the market where I just dropped by after my workout. I could have been their Granny!
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    LaceyBirds wrote: »
    After walking for about a month, and having a two-week stretch where I didn't miss a day, I hurt my knee Friday morning sitting down in a chair to put on my walking shoes. I hurt my knees a lot, which is one reason I started losing weight. Five days later, my knee finally stopped hurting and, even though I was not feeling well this morning, and my scoptophobia seemed to kick back in already a little bit, I got up and went for my walk and actually increased my speed by one minute. It would have been so easy for me to have given up, but I didn't. :smiley:

Way to go
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!