What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    I finally took my measurements last night (I lost my tape measure in July)
    I have lost
    4cm from each arm
    1cm from my waist
    9cm off my bust
    12cm from my abdomen!!!!!
    7cm off my hips!!!!!!!
    6cm off each thigh!!!!!!
  • RavenLibra
    RavenLibra Posts: 1,737 Member
    I burned 403 calories on an elliptical in 35 minutes... after flirting with the 400 mark for almost 2 months... I finally pushed past it... HIIT twice a week for the last 3 weeks... not typical HIIT... There's a hill.. and a set of stairs going up that hill... 167 steps... MY next NSV goal... 5 round trips in 30 minutes... so far I am at 3 trips in 27 minutes... which means... I am going to have to punish myself something bad to make it... wish me luck peeps :)
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    My regular gym shirt was in the wash this morning, so I grabbed a tank top I used to use before pregnancy. I knew it was going to show every bulge, but needed something to wear. I was pleasantly surprised that it looked better than anticipated! :smile:
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    This month is a full year since I started watching my intake and exercising since my second child was born. I am pretty darn proud of myself. I've gotten past stalls and learned so much that even when I want to give up I don't because at that point it's just will full blindness. I still have set backs, good and bad days, but I am confident that after everything is said and done, I'll get to where I'm going and beyond!
  • tipti_mippy
    tipti_mippy Posts: 16 Member
    Despite being on an "up" part of this roller coaster, I have some pretty great ones from today!

A coworker who knows I'm dealing with health problems (and have felt really beaten down because of it these last few years) said I look really healthy today!

I think maybe she's just too kind to say "way less fat" Lol :smile:

A friend I had not seen in a month said something similar, and our waiter (who used to see us at least once a week and we're very friendly with) didn't even recognize me until my friend arrived!! I'm not that different, haha!

I needed this today! :blush:
  • Soopatt
    Soopatt Posts: 563 Member
    The two cleaning ladies at the office, normally the first to bluntly tell us all when we have gained any weight, told me that I looked like a "school girl" in my black skirt and white shirt (I also have my hair tied back today), when I went into the kitchen to get myself a cup of tea.

I am 40 so this gave me a particular thrill.
  • hallen17
    hallen17 Posts: 9 Member
    edited September 2015
    Even though I have only lost almost 10 pounds so far, it is amazing what energy I have gained! Last night was suppose to be a rest night but, I had time and energy and thought why not hop on the treadmill and walk?! :smiley:
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Just now got back into those trousers that were always "just a little too tight".
  • fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    -We had an emergency at work that had me there until 1 AM Tuesday night/Wednesday morning, coming back in at 9 AM Wednesday and working an almost 11 hour day. Normally I'd go home and crash hard, but I threw on my work out clothes and ran 2 miles last night. Ran the ENTIRE time without slowing down to a walk once.
    -Today talking to my boss we were discussing 5Ks and how he wants to do one and he's like "I don't want to be rude or have this come across the wrong way but you look FANTASTIC" lol. It was sweet. I didn't think anyone at work had noticed.
    -About 4 months ago we had photographers at work taking pictures showing our recycling efforts. They took a bunch of pics at different sites to be used for a corporate report. At the last minute they asked if myself and two other people on my team would take individual shots on the shop floor. We just got the book issued today and out of all of the pics taken the only pic from our site used was a picture of me. The best part is, even though I didn't see any of the pics taken and I'm so so so particular about what's published of me - I really REALLY like the picture. A few years back I never would have agreed to have my pic taken, let alone be published company wide.
  • angie_momof3
    angie_momof3 Posts: 102 Member
    I'm fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes better than I was before I had my baby!! I have way more confidence and energy now. I used to make excuses and say I couldn't do simple chores because I was busy with the kids, but it was really just laziness. Now, I can get all my cooking/cleaning done for the day and spend time with the kids and still get my workouts in!
  • Sereneinsanity
    Sereneinsanity Posts: 23 Member
    I have had little NSVs here and there, but today I had a major one! I walked in to work today, and one of my co-workers said "Whoo, girl I'm jealous of you! You get smaller every time I see you!" She then promptly, asked how I'm doing it, to which I of course responded with the simple "Watch what I eat, eat healthier." "Oh yeah, I forgot you told me that." She replied, and lost interest. It's hilarious because I've read countless stories on here that follow that same basic plot, but didn't expect it to happen to me, and in such a classic way. Lol!
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    Wearing a smaller size suit for an important interview this afternoon. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on

He listened. It appears that he believed me. It was hard because I had to burn bridges to relationships and repeat accusations against me before someone else said them or "lied first." Politics in tricky. Then I learned that someone else complained about the same person, our boss.
  • caroldavison332
    lgatz1 wrote: »
    None of my belts have loops left for me. This is getting expensive!

Take a meat fork and stab a hole through your belt in to a cutting board. Make as many holes as you need.
  • caroldavison332
    In 93 degree, 90% DC humidity, walked 7 miles and up 18 stairs yesterday. Didn't even really think about it, but boy did my ankles hurt last night!
  • Eri0515
    Eri0515 Posts: 85 Member
    I am wearing the same size dress as my wife, it's been over 10 years since that happened!
  • caroldavison332
    I just lost my wedding ring to a bag of shredded cheese.

Okay, so it isn't really lost, but it did come off my finger while opening a bag of cheese. Earlier this summer I had it resized down to a 5 1/2. I honestly didn't think my fingers could get much smaller. Looks like I was wrong.

QUICKLY purchase your self a smaller sized ring to wear on that hand to keep it from falling off. You can have your ring resized when you reach your goal weight.
  • caroldavison332
    I had to go buy a new belt!! My pants don't want to stay up! :)

use a meat fork to stab a whole through your belt into a cutting board. Buy a new belt at goal weight.
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member
    I have a 70day logging streak which includes a camping trip and a wedding!

I used to be really slack with logging definitely missing those events and most weekend. Something clicked 70days ago and I've logged the good bad and ugly and its paying off! those thight jeans? Need pulling up regularly!
  • katalinax87
    katalinax87 Posts: 146 Member
    Wearing a smaller size suit for an important interview this afternoon. I appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on

He listened. It appears that he believed me. It was hard because I had to burn bridges to relationships and repeat accusations against me before someone else said them or "lied first." Politics in tricky. Then I learned that someone else complained about the same person, our boss.

Well done. Hope it all works out for you
  • momwow17
    momwow17 Posts: 1,653 Member
    In July I started doing more cardio and added strength training. The effect on my Heart Rate really surprisedpo65aqd8qfcr.png
    1ih3e2k10ula.png
    me!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!