Question about menstrual cycle when exercising harder than usual.

Options
kandeelopez
kandeelopez Posts: 61 Member
edited September 2015 in Motivation and Support
(Don't mind my profile pic; that's my GOAL pic.)

So I've stepped up my workouts to 45 min of cardio plus what ends up to be 25-30 min of heavy lifting, 5 days a week. After 2-3 weeks of this, my period curiously returned (but not heavy) on the day it should've been over. That is, 7 days later. I'm 41 and my periods have been short for a long time.

Normally, when I'm on a regular exercise routine, I stop getting menstrual cramps, my period is stronger and lasts a little longer (like when I was in my 20s!). So I'm hoping this is a good thing.

What has your experience been with periods when exercising hard?

Replies

• blueriotgirl
    blueriotgirl Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I noticed a change when i started pushing my self harder. I had my normal tom then about a week and a half later got it again but spotty. Contacted my dr and he said it probably was from the change in routine since i have been reg since forever. He did telk me to track it and see how it went my following cycle. So far i have been back to normal got my tom when i was supposed to and ended normally. So i think im good but if not i have to tell him when i have my appt next month and he will schedule tests.
  • kandeelopez
    kandeelopez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    That sounds just like me! Thanks for sharing! :blush: