Replies

• sleepypapa
    sleepypapa Posts: 27 Member
    edited August 2015
    Damn son!
  • paulwgun
    paulwgun Posts: 439 Member
    edited September 2015
    Waw, absolutely amazing results, big congratulations to you. I think reading your thread has finally given me the kick up the *kitten* that I needed
    To move myself, after loosing most of my vision back in December I've become a sloth so time to do something about it (diloch)
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Amazing! You look like a completely different person. And I love your haircut!
  • michelleellis
    michelleellis Posts: 63 Member
    OH MY!!! you look AWESOME!!!!!
  • Crochet180
    Crochet180 Posts: 57 Member
    I just came across your post and I have to tell you that I'm full of admiration for the work you've put in. Like you say, this journey doesn't have a final destination, it's all about improving. Thank you for posting .
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Thanks for sharing this. AMAZING results!
    17761776 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Wow you look amazing!!! Where are you in the UK?? My family from Cromwell. Gayle Minneapolis
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    edited September 2015
    Amazing work Imogen! May I add you on here for some inspiration/motivation?

Edit - found you on Insta! Your link above was trying to find you as that handle here :)
  • imogen__may
    imogen__may Posts: 78 Member
    LadyKT wrote: »

Edit - found you on Insta! Your link above was trying to find you as that handle here :)

By all means add me, just drop me a message, blank requests really bug me
  • LadyKT
    LadyKT Posts: 287 Member
    LadyKT wrote: »

By all means add me, just drop me a message, blank requests really bug me

Done :)
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    WOW!!! You are truely an inspiration ....Well done ....Congrats ..Feel free to add me :)
  • byrdiegrrrl
    byrdiegrrrl Posts: 20 Member
    Wow! What an amazing and inspiring story! I can only repeat the previous comments and say how beautiful and HAPPY you look!!! I am so happy for you.....finding your true love and your true self (not to mention the best darn haircut I have ever seen!). I will look at your story and pictures each time I need a reminder that we have the power to succeed inside of us; all we need to do is reach in there and and pull it to the surface!!! Thank you for sharing this!! And congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sassyk35
    Sassyk35 Posts: 113 Member
    Hey!

I don't know what made me think today was the right day to post some photos of my progress, but here we are anyway.

I'm a disabled woman, my impairment was really severe a few years ago and I was constantly in hospital, in ICU unable to breathe. I was in crisis, physically and mentally. And so I decided I needed to do something to take back control, or I'd die.

So I downloaded MFP, added some awesome friends are started calorie counting. It was the first time I'd actually truly understood calories and nutrition properly and things started to click into place. I learnt how to listen to what my body needed and how foods made me feel. For the first year it was just about being under my calories, even if I ate 3 slices of cake. That's what I loved about MFP, there was nothing I couldn't eat as long as I didn't go over my calories. The slowly, as I lost weight, I started to look more carefully at exactly what I was eating, trying to make my macros and thinking specifically about what would help me manage my impairment.

Today, I've not been in ICU for 4 years. I'm 130lbs lighter. My body and I work together to keep me as well as possible whilst still living with a fairly severe impairment. I'm also getting married! All things that seemed forever away 4 years ago.

I have just started to focus more specifically on working out, when I am able to, doing heavily adapted work outs, rather than attempting to lose lots more weight. My goal was 9st, and I'm currently 9st 4lbs.

I weight less that I've lost. I've shed 50% of my body weight. And happiness is off the scale!

To be clear, I willnever be 'finished'. These aren't my 'after' photos by any stretch of the imagination! I was to change my body for the better, always.

Photos!

hcdy5njhe49r.jpg

I was wearing a UK size 26

dw92u93noosa.jpg

3xcpk00h6k7x.jpg

Wearing a size 20/22 here, this is when I really decided I could do this and went at it properly!

dv5qz4h0xol4.jpg

This is the day I knew the woman I'd met would be my wife. That I had so much I wanted to live for and that if I worked hard I could *actually* live!

8z0v9pooz1w8.jpg

8956tukj3j3f.jpg

Excuse the selfies, I don't have tons of full length photos! This photos was my 32nd birthday, and I'm wearing a UK size 8 shirt!

hfqm2fsez8wc.jpg

3s9evgvkg66c.jpg

I can't wait to be able to post again, with more changes to my health, wellbeing and body. You can follow me on Instagram too (@Brizzle__Kicks)

Thanks for looking!
    Wow! ! You amaze me! So inspiring... You are beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing! Congratulations! :smile:
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Thanks for sharing your amazing success story.
  • mbrotnitsky
    mbrotnitsky Posts: 44 Member
    I have no excuses after seeing this... so inspirational
  • sobiakhatoon
    sobiakhatoon Posts: 128 Member
    AMAZING!
  • annahandlinis
    annahandlinis Posts: 25 Member
    Well done amazing! I'm going to show your story to my mum she has Cerebal palsy and has difficulty walking and feels she can't loose weight because she in her own words "can't exercise".

Recently she has been eating packs if processed meat for lunch and dinner to try and loose weight which is bonkers.

I try and tell her she doesn't need to do that and how unhealthy it is. I am hoping showing someone with a disability can be healthy and loose weight in a healthy way.

What kinds of exercises do you do? Thanks and well done again you look amazing x
  • Suhrah623
    Suhrah623 Posts: 65 Member
    Congrats!!!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    This post needs bumping. Awesome story OP!!
  • pislari_poljnamd
    pislari_poljnamd Posts: 45 Member
    O m g!!!! You look fabulous!!! Amazing results!! Well done !!! X
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!