95 days, 21lbs down, and confidence gained. (With pics).

vespiquenn
vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
edited September 2015 in Success Stories
2z13l2o5b5x2.jpg
ylg2guq7pvss.jpg

Today marks my 95th day of logging. I wasn't going to make a success story over it until I took my monthly progress pictures. I was feeling like I wasn't getting anywhere in the last month, until I looked at these two images side by side. The picture on the left was taken a bit after I started, so I was already down some.

However, the importance between these two pictures is only 6lbs. I am finally learning the the scale is not the defining factor in weight loss because at 5'9", weight loss just not show that much more me immediately. So this really surprised me. The left image is at 159lbs and the right one, from this morning, is 153lbs.

As far as what I have been doing, it has been a combination of at least 8-10 miles of movement a day using my Fitbit Charge HR and DailyBurn videos when I can. I'm a teacher so it's not difficult to get steps in. I eat back about 200-300 out of 800-900 exercise calories a day. I eat just like I did before, but less of it.

I am finding that finally being successful at weight loss has been bringing me new confidence. I have social and general anxiety, so I normally keep to myself. But as I gain confidence, I have been reaching out to others. I even go on lunch walks with the other teachers daily.

I am not done with my journey with about another 10-15lbs to go, but I am glad how far I have made it. Also, feel free to add me for support. :)

Replies

• kcampbell1969
    kcampbell1969 Posts: 29 Member
    Wow! It is good to see that the scale really isn't the only tool to gauge success! Good job!
  • AshuhleeMarie
    AshuhleeMarie Posts: 86 Member
    Awesome job!!!! Proof that taking before photos is so important, you can really see the progress!
  • RunDaddyRunx2
    RunDaddyRunx2 Posts: 20 Member
    Great job! Looking good!
  • vuthbkk
    vuthbkk Posts: 2 Member
    Great job good looking
  • AmberlyMarlene
    AmberlyMarlene Posts: 119 Member
    Fantastic! You should be so proud of yourself and your abilities as an individual. (:
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    Thanks for sharing. I am at day 77 and my goal is 20lbs @ day 95. 7lbs to go.
  • vespiquenn
    Thank you everyone. :)

I also forgot to add my first progress picture with this morning. This is about a 15lb difference.

v81skmi6qkxh.jpg
  • mueck1
    mueck1 Posts: 13 Member
    You look great... big inspiration. Thanks for sharing. Keep up good work.
  • Erinsmiles2015
    Erinsmiles2015 Posts: 37 Member
    Way to go!
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    You look fabulous!! Good for you!
  • runner_boy
    runner_boy Posts: 9 Member
    The scale doesn't tell the whole story, but your photos speak volumes! Well done - you look amazing!! I'm especially impressed how you've been encouraging others to be healthier. As a fellow teacher, I thank you for being such a good example to your students and colleagues!
  • vespiquenn
    You look beautiful and thank you for dedicating your time to teaching :)

Aw thank you. This means a lot. :)

• vespiquenn
    runner_boy wrote: »
    The scale doesn't tell the whole story, but your photos speak volumes! Well done - you look amazing!! I'm especially impressed how you've been encouraging others to be healthier. As a fellow teacher, I thank you for being such a good example to your students and colleagues!

Thank you so much! :)
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Very well done lass :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!