I have questions

gmann1973
gmann1973 Posts: 247
edited September 28 in Food and Nutrition
Are the healthy choice and lean cuisine meals o.k. to eat or not?

Replies

• randilea
    randilea Posts: 140
    You want to stay away from processed foods if you can, but to be honest I eat these all the time at work for lunch. Just make sure to watch your daily sodium intake and to drink plenty of water.
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Better than a whopper! It seems thought they do have lots of sodium in them. My opinion is though, if its a frozen low calorie meal or a whopper I would choose the frozen meal.
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    I agree. The sodium on all that stuff is insane. I'm getting to the point where I will get the "heavier" food, instead of "light" just because they usually add more sodium to get the flavor back.
  • gmann1973
    gmann1973 Posts: 247
    Thank you lovely ladies for your imput. I am new this dieting thing. I normaly only eat the frozzen dinners for lunch. at night I try to do chicken or lean stake. the frozzen dinners are just so easy.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    A lot of people here will tell you to stay away from them.
    They're packed with sodium and preservatives.
    But if it's between that or fast food, it's definitely the better choice.
  • gdr1976
    gdr1976 Posts: 460 Member
    Great for portion control choices, but loaded with sodium. If you run into a time constraint problem, then they are a great option. But if you can make and bring your food from home, I'd say go that route. And like others have said lots of water.
  • RoseyK
    RoseyK Posts: 157 Member
    if you watch your sodium content for the rest of the day, and add a side salad to your lunch...it is an okay occasional lunch. better to pack a tuna fish or real turkey sandwich on whole grain bread. For me....those little frozen meals don't fill me up. I prefer to make up my own lunches....my favorite is a stir fry that I make with lots of broccoli, cauliflower, onion, garlic, mushrooms, 4 oz of chicken, 1/2 cup of brown rice. Since I add lots of veggies....this meal keeps me full until dinner and it is low calorie and low in sodium.
  • truchamp06
    truchamp06 Posts: 78 Member
    Im not sure if others posted this.. But you have to watch some of those lean cuisines.. I used to eat them religiously.. But you have to watch some of them. Some are low in the calories, but to the higher end on the carbs. I prefer the healthy choice steamers, they tend to be more fulfilling that the lean cuisines.
This discussion has been closed.