Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Replies

• bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    My word for the week: THANKFUL! !!

THANKFUL that my God has given me everything I need to stay on this journey for 2 full years, INCLUDING ALL OF YOU HERE WHO HELP ME TO STAY ON TRACK ONE DAY AT A TIME!

THANKFUL that I have lost 100 pounds as of this morning, and that sometime this week I will weigh 199 pounds for the first time in nearly 25 years!

THANKFUL that I was able to jog 5K this morning and that I will be running in my 4th 5k race next week!

THANKFUL for so many other blessings in my life!

J4T
    1. Jog 5k :smile: done!
    2. Stick to 1200 calories
    3. Start cleaning out my closet.
    4. Be thankful for ...evertything!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    bri170lb wrote: »

THANKFUL that I have lost 100 pounds as of this morning, and that sometime this week I will weigh 199 pounds for the first time in nearly 25 years!

!

CONGRATS!!!!!!! So very inspired by you, and I'm sure you will inspire so many others! SO proud of you!
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member

!

THAT IS AMAZING! GOOD FOR YOU!

I am close, but I just can't quite get there, so you are my hero today. :)
  • meliasaurus
    meliasaurus Posts: 6 Member
    I did a good job yesterday!

Just for today:
    1. Stay with in calorie limit
    2. Walk 10k steps (I'm having trouble with this because it's raining).
    3. Pack/clean house for one hour.
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member

THANKFUL that my God has given me everything I need to stay on this journey for 2 full years, INCLUDING ALL OF YOU HERE WHO HELP ME TO STAY ON TRACK ONE DAY AT A TIME!

THANKFUL that I was able to jog 5K this morning and that I will be running in my 4th 5k race next week!

J4T

Outstanding!
  • azulvioleta6

Friday:
    1. 10,000 steps :)
    2. swim :)
    3. at least 8 freggies :neutral:

Saturday:
    1. 10,000 steps
    2. harvest pears (lots of walking while carrying heavy boxes on steep terrain)
    3. rest

• vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    This morning I walked 4.75 miles to a estate sale (2.25 miles each way). I ended up buying a LOT of fabric to use for quilting - so excited. But that meant on the way home, I was carrying at least 20 lbs worth of fabric, which made the walk home even harder. And then I stop to think - I am carrying that much weight on my all the time. We just never realize, or think about how much harder it is to walk and do things carrying around the extra weight.

So JFT,
    1. Remember how hard it was to carry those bags of fabric. Think of how much easier it would be if I got those extra 20+ lbs off
    2. drink water
    3. stay positive, and be happy with how I am right now.

I have lost 40 lbs and could not imagine carrying that load. I don't think I could do it. But I carried it ON me for several years!!!!!!!
  • vicky1947mfp

J4T

100 lbs!!! Yeah you rock!!! WTG
  • vicky1947mfp
    JFT - will not eat all the snack junk at our golf tournament today. We will be having a hot dog lunch before, so that will account for most of my calories today.

PS - I am on maintenance.

I had my hot dog lunch. And I only had one 1/2 ounce bag of popcorn and one
    30 calorie G2 Gatorade. For a total of 110 calories on the course.

I made turkey chili yesterday so we would not eat out on our way home. So I had 1 and 1/4 cup of that. I am within my calorie range today. Yeah me!!!!

Now tomorrow is another challenge. We are having a catered meal after church and I don't know what it will be. Wish me luck in my portions and choices.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    edited September 2015
    joan6630 wrote: »
    This morning I walked 4.75 miles to a estate sale (2.25 miles each way). I ended up buying a LOT of fabric to use for quilting - so excited. But that meant on the way home, I was carrying at least 20 lbs worth of fabric, which made the walk home even harder. And then I stop to think - I am carrying that much weight on my all the time. We just never realize, or think about how much harder it is to walk and do things carrying around the extra weight.

So JFT,
    1. Remember how hard it was to carry those bags of fabric. Think of how much easier it would be if I got those extra 20+ lbs off
    2. drink water
    3. stay positive, and be happy with how I am right now.

Lucky girl! Think what you can do with all that fabric! Have a great Sunday!

Still on track with my daily goals :)
    JFT Sun 20/09
    1. Prepare homemade soup for family lunch. My daughter and grandchildren are coming.
    2. Relax and enjoy their company. The two older ones start back to university next week. I won't see my granddaughter until Christmas as she is doing her final year at Cambridge. The youngest boy just started in their local Grammar School.
    JFT - will not eat all the snack junk at our golf tournament today. We will be having a hot dog lunch before, so that will account for most of my calories today.

PS - I am on maintenance.

I had my hot dog lunch. And I only had one 1/2 ounce bag of popcorn and one
    30 calorie G2 Gatorade. For a total of 110 calories on the course.

I made turkey chili yesterday so we would not eat out on our way home. So I had 1 and 1/4 cup of that. I am within my calorie range today. Yeah me!!!!

Now tomorrow is another challenge. We are having a catered meal after church and I don't know what it will be. Wish me luck in my portions and choices.

You Rock! Enjoy the success and don't stress so much, Vicky! Now that you are on maintenance, you can relax a little bit lol
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    68myra wrote: »
    Just for Today, 9/19:

:smile: 1. drink a lot of water
    :smile: 2. log every calorie
    :smile: 3. pt/rolling for pain

Just for Today, 9/20:
    1. log, log, log
    2. roll, pt, roll
    3. relax, relax
    4. be grateful
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    WellingTX wrote: »

I will stay under my new calorie goal. No over indulging in any single food.
    I will work out for 80 minutes
    I will express my wellness mantra
    I am expressing gratitude for my relationship with my sister. Only sibling and though we're far apart geographically we talk at least once a week. She's a good friend and a good soul.

A full bag of pop chips and a small bag of cheddar rice pop snacks... Stupid chips.
    But, rebounded and stayed within my calorie goal by making really good choices the rest of the day.
    Worked out for 94 minutes including a smoking (for a big man) 3.13 miles at a 16:17/mile pace.
    Expressed my wellness mantra.

For today:

I will stay under my new calorie goal and beat the week on average.
    I will work out for 80 minutes. Will give me 7+ hours for the week and 15+ miles.
    I will express my wellness mantra
    I will spend time getting organized for Monday morning. Traveling the next two weeks.
    I am expressing gratitude for the long, uninterrupted walking paths and sidewalks. Over a three mile walk yesterday, crossing only three roads and five or six side streets.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    shrcpr wrote: »
    JFT 9/19

1. Get in an elliptical workout at the gym
    2. Pack my food for the day as I'm going to a picnic at the park and I just want to eat what I bring (I will bring a good snack, though. Thinking a Mounds bar. I love those.)
    3. Walk the dogs
    4. No drinking!

Commitments met for yesterday. Had my Mounds bar (so good) and didn't eat anything except what I brought and had planned. Lots of activity yesterday so came in well under my calorie limit even with the extra treat.

JFT 9/20
    1. Rest day - my muscles need some recovery time!
    2. Stay within 100-200 calories of my limit for today - no workout today so harder to stay strictly within but I had a good week last week so a couple hundred extra today won't hurt.
  • jenean52
    jenean52 Posts: 80 Member
    Happy Sunday everyone !
    Some very inspiring reading, LOVE IT !
    JFT
    1. Stay within allotted calorie goal
    2. Drink more water
    3. Exercise 45 min
    4. Eat more protein

• azulvioleta6

Saturday:
    1. 10,000 steps :neutral:
    2. harvest pears (lots of walking while carrying heavy boxes on steep terrain) harvested 500 pounds of pears, brought home 50, but the rest went to people in need in my community :smiley:
    3. rest :smile:

Sunday:
    1. 12,000 steps
    2. lift heavy things
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    just for monday, 9/20

1. log every bite
    2. yoga/pt/rolling
    3. drink tons of water
    4. work on dd costume for helen of troy (oy)
    5. reject perfectionism on said costume ;)

Have a great start to the week everyone!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,932 Member
    edited September 2015
    JFT Sun 20/09
    1. Prepare homemade soup for family lunch. My daughter and grandchildren are coming.
    2. Relax and enjoy their company. The two older ones start back to university next week. I won't see my granddaughter until Christmas as she is doing her final year at Cambridge. The youngest boy just started in their local Grammar School.

:) Had a great day. Lots of laughter and chat. :) My leg is getting stronger every day. I am even walking a little without the crutch. :)

JFT Mon 21/09
    1. Pre-plan/stick to plan; 1600+ steps; do physio exercises; remember water!
    2. Clear email backlog on laptop.
    3. Keep mobile; keep busy
    4. Work on Hardanger embroidery/patchwork projects

It's great to see so many of you still hanging in there with your daily commitment. The success is in the trying. Keep on keeping on! :heart:
  • michelle1173
    michelle1173 Posts: 158 Member
    This is a plan for the week
    1. Drink 8 glasses of water a day
    2. Exercise for 30 minutes 3 times this week, 2 times for strength training
    3. Count calories
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member

J4T

So happy for you! What a journey.
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Lost 2 lbs this past week. It's funny, when I'm so strict with my calories, eating healthy & exercising daily, I feel like my loss should be more around 5lbs (which is not practical). For me, weighing 1x a week has eliminated some of the negative feelings I have towards the scale. We had a big church picnic yesterday that I was proud of myself for not overindulging.

JFT
    stay focused
    Pretrack
    Be prepared for promotion meeting.
    Plan suppers for the week.
    Journals
    Walk/Pilates

Have a great Monday everyone.