Looking for some company

bsmith891
bsmith891 Posts: 20 Member
edited September 2015 in Motivation and Support
I have been on MFP for a couple years. Started out with some friends as well. They all kinda just fizzled out. I'm down somewhere in the realm of 80 pounds, went from almost a 300 pound couch potato that could out-drink anyone at the bar (especially if jäger was involved) to as of this morning a 201 pound ironman hopeful. Been doing 5Ks and mud runs lately and have started triathlon training recently. Just looking for some commited people to do this with. What's your story? What's your goal? Add me, let's do this.

Replies

• thegreatcanook
    thegreatcanook Posts: 2,419 Member
    You are doing great. Congrats! I've lost 110 lbs and have about 25 to go.
  • bsmith891
    Nice! Yeah, I still am shooting for about 25 more myself. But I am focusing more on fitness rather than just pounds lately. I am looking forward to the big "199.9" on the scale though. Haven't seen it since sometime in high school.
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    5'3" 24 year old girl started at 183, got down to about 155 but health issues took over and Alopecia struck a pretty hardcore episode (an auto immune disease that causes hair loss) so I unfortunately fell off of the wagon for a few months trying to figure out what had caused it... Now that I'm pretty sure what had caused it with signs of it growing back now, I'm back on track exercising and trying to eat a diet of mainly fruits, veggies and lean meats :]
  • priscillam31
    priscillam31 Posts: 1,356 Member
    I've been here about 2 months...it's hard work..down 40lbs..with some more to go. I am feeling better then I have in years..registered for my first 5k coming up in October..excited about that. Always looking for motivational people to support and be supportive through this crazy journey to fit!!
  • bsmith891
    @Behxo glad to hear you are getting better and back to it!

@priscillam31 congrats on signing up for your first 5K! I used to hate running with a passion, but lately I'm loving it. It took me a while to get my pace, form, and stride right, but now going for a run is actually relaxing (still hard work though) and not so much of a chore.
  • keyshas83
    keyshas83 Posts: 43 Member
    Your Welcome to add me!!! :-)
  • ShansGotGoals
    ShansGotGoals Posts: 928 Member
    I've only been on here a cpl months but love the support & motivation! I am trying to get back ro my race weight, had surgery and rehabbing now. I love that you are wanting to do an ironman, dude! Best of luck. Feel free to add me
  • JustChristy79
    JustChristy79 Posts: 156 Member
    Omg, that's awesome!!! Congrats!

I went from an obese smoker to running 3-10 miles every morning. Never felt better! Still working on my last 10 lbs aaaaand I have been for a ridiculously long time. But it's ok, not in a hurry. Already in the best shape of my life, so I'm not complaining! : )

Add me!

• ladymuaythai
    ladymuaythai Posts: 1,298 Member
    HI :smiley: I'm Alex. Amazing job on ur success and continued maintanence and progress. Im down about 20lbs and just maintaining now. I Quit smoking on Dec 24th and started kickboxing again in Jan (since I had stopped doing it in 2012). It's pretty easy to fall off track (as everyone here knows) that's why I like to keep up with MFP so I don't fall off any bandwagons :naughty:
  • tabbi_leshea
    tabbi_leshea Posts: 2 Member
    I'm actually trying to just maintain weight but did quit smoking 4 months ago. Probably the hardest thing I've ever done. I run 13-17 miles per week now. Loving life!

• Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    bsmith891 wrote: »
    I have been on MFP for a couple years. Started out with some friends as well. They all kinda just fizzled out. I'm down somewhere in the realm of 80 pounds, went from almost a 300 pound couch potato that could out-drink anyone at the bar (especially if jäger was involved) to as of this morning a 201 pound ironman hopeful. Been doing 5Ks and mud runs lately and have started triathlon training recently. Just looking for some commited people to do this with. What's your story? What's your goal? Add me, let's do this.

Yo Mr Smith, can add me dude. I'm an avid runner. I have never tried the triathlon yet, maybe because it takes a lot of time to train, which I haven't had to much of these past few years. Would definitely like to hear how it all works out for you. Good luck dude!
  • bsmith891
    It's good to hear from all of you. I have kind of lurked (for the most part) on here for so long just feeding off of everybody else's success stories and transformation pictures. I figured it's probably time to get involved. Already racked up a bunch of really positive friends this week. (Plus I took some current "during" pics today to compare to my "befores". So I'm feeling extra good!)