Here we go...I think?

DanaLash
DanaLash Posts: 59 Member
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hey. Yo. Sup? Hi. (I'm not sure of a proper greeting for a forum such as this...) My name is Dana, I'm a 26 year old stay-at-home mom of 2. Married to a cop. (AKA-the guy who sleeps and showers here) I've been pretty fit my whole life, and now I'm not. And it drives me crazy. It's hard for me to get to a gym or exercise class with my husband's hours being as ridiculous as they are and two small children at home. I'll be doing sprints in my backyard, riding my exercise bike while watching Jeopardy, and being the undefeated champion at Just Dance 2 on the Wii. Hopefully I can drop about 30 pounds by September. Support would be greatly appreciated, although I'm perfectly content to just blog and talk to myself. And Nicole. Because she's slimming down (or skinnying up, as I like to say) with me. :)

Replies

• BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    You're gonna do great! I love your attitude! ...*skinnying up* I LOVE that! Feel free to add me!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    I have been a member for almost a year. I have lost the weight I wanted and do it now to maintain. I love it and you will too. Just log on everyday and be honest. Try to limit your processed and fast foods. If you cook it you can usually make it healthier and in turn will benefit greatly. One day at a time, Slow and steady what ever works. Just don't give up. It takes a little getting use to before you realize what is good and what is not. Take your time and educate yourself on nutrition and the rest will come. If you have any questions just ask , someone is always on here to answer. Good luck and welcome.
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 447 Member
    Hi, welcome!!! You will find loads of info and support on this site. And I'm sure you will do great at home, get yourself some workout DVDs if you need the structure, they are every bit as good as a gym class, especially anything by Jillian Michaels. Good luck! :smile:
  • DanaLash
    DanaLash Posts: 59 Member
    Man, you Fitness folk are quick on the reply! I dig it! Thanks so much for the warm welcome. I can't wait to really get going and see some results. I am definitely the tortoise in this race. I've learned in the past the weight lost too quickly always makes it's return. I'm counting on my kids being spazzy and my twisted sense of humor to carry me through. And, of course, support from you guys! I'm fairly transparent, so you'll be able to tell by my blog how it's going on a day to day basis. :)
  • Welcome! My name is Dana, too! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like...
  • coleyco30
    coleyco30 Posts: 29 Member
    Heck yeah, we're skinnying up! I like that. I'm probably stealing if from you. Shoot, we can do this no problem! :)
This discussion has been closed.