Kill cellulite

What exercises are the best for burning the fat off my thighs and reducing the appearance of cellulite. I'm 19 and I'm 5'2"ish.

Replies

• Get better genes.
  • Sam_I_Am77
    Sam_I_Am77 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Get better genes.

Unfortunately that is largely the issue. Of course losing some bodyfat will help but it is largely about your skin cells. I've seen a lot of very fit women that have a fair amount of cellulite on their legs, just not a lot you can do about it.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Yep. My friend, who is super fit, has cellulite. But her fitness so amazing it trumps everything.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Yes, a great pair of jeans with plenty of spandex can help a lot.

jag-jeans-malia-slim-leg-stretch-jeans-regular-petite.jpg

Low rise slim leg jean.
  • lauraleefaith
    lauraleefaith Posts: 578 Member
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Yes, a great pair of jeans with plenty of spandex can help a lot.

jag-jeans-malia-slim-leg-stretch-jeans-regular-petite.jpg

Low rise slim leg jean.

Best. Post. Ever.

• angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Walking. Moisturizing and massaging the cellulited areas.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Learn to judge your body by what it does, not so much what it looks like. My legs can perfectly time leg drive in bench. They can walk all day long. I can squat and pull. I can play with my girls all day long. And that by far trumps a little bit of cellulite and a couple spider veins.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Walking. Moisturizing and massaging the cellulited areas.

This doesn't really work. If you're genetically prone to cellulite, you can massage it raw and it won't change a thing.

Losing fat and building muscle will help reduce the look of cellulite though.
  • alfonsinarosinsky
    alfonsinarosinsky Posts: 198 Member
    ^this
  • Leslierussell4134
    Leslierussell4134 Posts: 376 Member
    Honestly, I'm prone to cellulite also, but doing a lot of leg work and weights on the lower body helps. Kick backs and Brazilians are an awesome way to tighten hamstrings and decrease the appearance of cellulite.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Kick backs and Brazilians are an awesome way to tighten hamstrings and decrease the appearance of cellulite.

Even more awesomer are heavy squats, split squats, and deadlifts. Heavy, not light. :+1:

Cellulite is associated with high estrogen, so if you take any meds that increase estrogen, like certain antibiotics and birth control pills, ask your doctor about alternatives.
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Kick backs and Brazilians are an awesome way to tighten hamstrings and decrease the appearance of cellulite.

Even more awesomer are heavy squats, split squats, and deadlifts. Heavy, not light. :+1:

Cellulite is associated with high estrogen, so if you take any meds that increase estrogen, like certain antibiotics and birth control pills, ask your doctor about alternatives.

Great info!
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    Cherimoose wrote: »

Yup, lift heavy all the way.
  • antennachick
    antennachick Posts: 464 Member
    Lifting helps. Tanning or tanning lotion ro me decreases the appearance.