What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• deneenae
    deneenae Posts: 97 Member
    My husband tried to squeeze my muffin top and he could barely grab on! HaHa! He said "where did it go? I can barely grab it!"
  • wayne206
    wayne206 Posts: 30 Member
    very good reading. thanks all for the support. i've lost 23lbs or so. 15 more hopefully to go. i would never have learned to count calories. this site makes it possible.
  • 2307dee
    2307dee Posts: 62 Member
    * How bone-chilling the Australian winter really is
    * How addictive exercise becomes, and how cranky I get when I can't do it
    * How shopping is now a pleasure instead of something to dread
    * How bones I didn't even know I had uncomfortably present themselves, and
    * How some days I look in the mirror and I still see me at 99kg, instead of the 54gk I am today
  • scottver2
    scottver2 Posts: 53 Member
    Seeing my ribs in the mirror. Oh, and those weird lumps on my stomach...I think they're called abs :smiley:
  • caci88
    caci88 Posts: 53 Member
    BUYING NEW CLOTHES! Currently walking around in work clothes & gym clothes that are a size too big!!
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    2307dee wrote: »
    * How bones I didn't even know I had uncomfortably present themselves

Yes - my sternum seems to have appeared from nowhere!

• prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    My fiance' can actually lift me in the air!!!!
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    How much younger you look! That amazes me the most. And how you really can look like a completely different person.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    2307dee wrote: »
    * How bone-chilling the Australian winter really is
    * How shopping is now a pleasure instead of something to dread
    * How bones I didn't even know I had uncomfortably present themselves, and
    * How some days I look in the mirror and I still see me at 99kg, instead of the 54gk I am today

Second this, though not literally addictive. I get cranky ants-in-pants when I don't get up and go do something active every day.

And my favorite non-exercise escape, video games, holds very little interest for me now. Which is great, except other forms of entertainment do tend to cost more per hour.
  • GillianLF
    GillianLF Posts: 410 Member
    This is a really good threat for motivation!
  • Angelfire365
    Angelfire365 Posts: 803 Member
    G33K_G1RL wrote: »
    That you're going to go from timidly using the elliptical closest to the door so no-one notices you to confidently dragging a bench across the free weight section because you need it on the other side of the gym. . .

Hahaha so true! Please put it back though or I will send you the evil eye.

:tongue:

Promise!! :D
  • eweadock
    eweadock Posts: 31 Member
    Nobody told me that friends and relatives would not recognize me. Some are delighted, others respond with curiosity or jealousy. One or two just don't smile or talk to me. Huh.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    gym-timidated

Ohhhh.....that's me...... :neutral:
  • GabinkaP
    GabinkaP Posts: 188 Member
    monicarungood, I'm thinking about maintenance now, even though I'm still 2 pounds from my goal. I wonder how I'll be able to eat more and still stay at that weight. Eat more, because right now, I'm eating for a person who weighs my goal weight but does nothing but lay in bed all day. 12x125. I'll be a moving, walking, doing person weighing my goal weight. If I don't up the calories, I'll continue to lose. Not a bad thing, really. Just don't want to have to constantly diet for the rest of my life.

The last time I dieted, I went to 110 and that was a constant diet. I am more active now, but also 10 years older. So maybe I'll just keep to my 1500 calories most days and see where it takes me. I don't feel like I deprive myself most days at that budget.
  • 2307dee wrote: »
    This rings true for me. For the past two days I have made sure to work out despite a slight stomach bug that has left me feeling blah and nauseated. As long as I'm not hindered by the other problems that accompany a stomach bug (Fingers crossed it doesn't lead to that.) I feel like I just need to do it or my entire day will be off. I'm avoiding cleaning and considering getting take out for dinner so I don't have to cook tonight because of how I'm feeling. Still, worked out though.
  • Lacey0903
    Lacey0903 Posts: 40 Member
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    The small.insignificsnt (or so you thought)varicose vein is turning more and more into an unsightly mess as you drop more weight....oh well I guess I'd better get saving.

Omg, this. I got one behind my knee when I was pregnant with my daughter & now it is horrendous!
  • Artemis2121
    Artemis2121 Posts: 42 Member
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!