October 2015 - Move Your @ss Challenge

darkrider42
darkrider42 Posts: 5,302 Member
Okay *kitten* movers, here's the new thread for the October 2015 Move Your *kitten* Challenge!

PLEASE READ the directions below.

Welcome to the newbies and welcome back to the oldies!

"Rules of the Challenge"
1. Set your goal and post it to the thread....distance ONLY (Miles or KMs) - NO minutes, NO # of workouts, NO # of calories, NO # of steps - DISTANCE ONLY.
2. Make your ticker if you want to use one (see directions below or in the FAQ thread) or add your goal to the thread.
3. Get moving your @ss starting Thursday, October 1st.
4. Post as often as you can to the thread so we can keep the sheet (see link below) up to date. You are welcome to report what you are moving each time BUT please make sure you post the TOTAL miles (kms) moved each time you update.

Please don't post any SEPTEMBER miles here. We will continue updating the SEPTEMBER spreadsheet using the SEPTEMBER thread for approximately the first 5 or so days of October. Please add only your October goals/miles to this October thread. Got it? :smiley:

The purpose is to set a distance goal (KM or Miles) and track your distance for the month - please only do one or the other...if you are doing KM just report in KM - we have a formula in the spreadsheet that will convert it to miles for us.

You are challenging yourself, not competing against anyone else.....the distance can be on a treadmill, stairmaster, elliptical, bike, roller blades, walking, running, biking, hiking, swimming (if you can measure).....just set a distance goal and do the work.

Report to the thread often to keep us updated because we track our info on a spreadsheet (see link below) so you can see how you are doing compared to the group but not to openly compete with them. (Whatever goes on inside your own brain is your own business. :wink: )

The idea is to set your goal and reach it before the end of the month.

Welcome to all - new and old.....have a great month challenging yourself!

Link to the Google spreadsheet where you can view (but not edit). The Challenge Admins will update it for you at mostly random times.... ....but typically at least once a day. Don't hold us to that though. :smile:

http://tinyurl.com/myac201402

Directions for making a ticker:
Go to tickerfactory.com and create a weight loss/fitness ticker (link is lower left side of page). Then copy the "BB code" and paste it into your posts on this thread each time you do an update. (More detailed info is located in the FAQ thread on the MYAC Group page.)

Welcome and we hope you enjoy your stay and that you find this helpful in realizing your fitness goals!

Dave

Replies

• darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,302 Member
    In for an even 50 this month.
  • GrandmaJackie
    GrandmaJackie Posts: 35,626 Member
    Put me down for 225 miles for October please!
  • sussexbythesea
    sussexbythesea Posts: 1,335 Member
    I will be starting to drive home on October 1st and will take a week so a conservative 75 miles again for me please even though I did far better than expected on this trip!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    I'm in for another 300
  • cpanus
    cpanus Posts: 19,186 Member
    I'm in for 200 again!

Chris
  • Lovemyalex
    Lovemyalex Posts: 3,768 Member
    edited September 2015
    Please put me down for 600 miles...
    *** going to give it my all...
    Good luck to everyone this month ... :)
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,318 Member
    I am in for 200 again. Thanks data keepers for your faithful work. Again, greatly appreciate the time you put in to help keep me motivated.
  • clepant
    clepant Posts: 3,318 Member
    I am in for 200 again. Thanks data keepers for your faithful work. Again, greatly appreciate the time you put in to help keep me motivated.
  • rockann16
    rockann16 Posts: 885 Member
    I'm in for October for 100 miles.

exercise.png

• anaconda469
    anaconda469 Posts: 3,457 Member
    I am in for 175 miles, fatigue is setting in. Need to back off for a bit.
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,356 Member
    Aiming for 50 miles this month, will be tight with moving, but need to start pushing myself again!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    I'm in for 125 miles this month. Because of where I live, winter could arrive at any time towards the end of the month. I figure if I'm prepared for it, it won't arrive :wink:
  • Tappy44
    Tappy44 Posts: 1,050 Member
    I have been missing in action but October should be back to normal. Please put me down for 50 miles for the month.
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Put me down for 40 walking miles. Hopefully I'll be able to change that to running this month. Thanks!
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    edited September 2015
    I'm in for 20 miles! Slow and steady :wink:

exercise.png

• kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,146 Member
    I'll stick with 100 miles.
  • CeeCeeMee
    CeeCeeMee Posts: 356 Member
    Until I can work my way through this apathy/depression in which I've been mired, I need to drop my monthly goal down to 40 miles.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,024 Member
    I'll go for 100 miles this month!
    Had a rotten couple of months topped off now by a tooth extraction 10 days ago which is still causing pain +++++ :'( and been told not to go for any of my "wee" runs by the patronising dentist! :s
  • sapphire318
    sapphire318 Posts: 169 Member
    I'm in for 30 miles...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,166 Member
    Put me in for 150 miles. Got a lot going on so miles this month will most likely only be commuting miles.
This discussion has been closed.