What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• AliceSwarthout
    AliceSwarthout Posts: 808 Member
    <<<I'm getting some definition in my abs! Lifting is the best.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Doms in my wrist from wrist curls... I'm getting everything in shape!
  • c_leeee
    c_leeee Posts: 144 Member
    GreenValli wrote: »
    My husband is not one to give compliments, but.. today we went to help our daughter clean her apartment because she is moving to a new one. He said to her, in my hearing, "Doesn't your mother look great with all the weight she has lost?"

Best person to give me a compliment like that! We have been married 38 years!

70044776.png

This made me tear up with happiness for you!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Been putting off new clothes as much as possible, as long as possible, so I don't have to buy over & over (I hate to shop!). Decided today, at 10-15 pounds from goal, that I would break down and buy a basic new outfit for an old friend's retirement reception: Black pants, plain long-sleeve shirt, new bra & panties to avoid mega-wrinklies (or wedgies) underneath.

Starting (back in April 2015) was pants in 16 women's petite, XL or 1X top, 40B bra, size 10 panties (US sizes). This moment, I'm wearing size 6 (!) pants, L top (broad shoulders, what can I say), 34B bra, size 6 panties. And they fit.

To the best of my recall, I have never, ever worn size 6 pants before. I know that sizes have gotten bigger (for the same-number size) since then, but the smallest number size I remember was a size 8 when I was a gazelle-like 15-year-old, back in the 1970s (I'm 59 y/o).

Stunned.
  • Miles_to_Go
    Miles_to_Go Posts: 48 Member
    I ran 6.5 miles with the local run club today! I usually run 4 miles, so this was a real stretch. Averaged 11 minutes/mile so I'm feeling pretty happy about it. It's been about 25 years since I ran 6 miles.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Great job!!
  • SeriouslySta
    SeriouslySta Posts: 458 Member
    I was getting ready to go out, and my teenaged daughter made me go change my shirt because it was too big.

(First, she tried to make me go put on a belt. When I told her I didn't own one, she said, "Well, you'll have to go buy one, then: It'd be cute with that top." Then she made me go change.)
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    edited October 2015
    Finding out that with the eight weeks of HIIT I've done, my resting heart rate is in the 55-61 range, significantly lower than it's ever been before.
  • carlyp79
    carlyp79 Posts: 95 Member
    This morning I didn't want to get up and walk/run/do cardio ANYTHING (I do it between strength training days).
    Alarm went off, I lay in bed for a minute and then decided to take my Husband's mountain bike out as it's been a few years since I rode, I thought it would be a bit of a fun way to get my heart rate up.
    I found a muddy track with a bit of an incline and went exploring in the early morning sunlight and cool air, then headed home before I got too far incase something (me, for example) broke as I forgot my phone. It was only about 25 minutes, but it's the mental shift that I am excited about.
  • AnnPT77
    rankinsect wrote: »
    Finding out that with the eight weeks of HIIT I've done, my resting heart rate is in the 55-61 range, significantly lower than it's ever been before.

That's a great one: A real health improvement indicator!
  • lisemae
    lisemae Posts: 19 Member
    Recently, I tried on size 9 jeans. They were snug but buttoned. Size 11s are much comfier. Not sure the last time I tried on 9s.
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    I went to an Italian restaurant that I used to frequent (they are the only reason I miss pasta) and ran into a couple of patrons I would often chat with while there. They have not seen me in probably half a year and when I came in they both looked so shocked that the husband asked me where the other half of me went. My silly self though he meant my sister who usually dined with me but he was actually speaking of the weight I had lost. It felt great as I pummeled through a plate of squid ink pasta with seafood.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Been putting off new clothes as much as possible, as long as possible, so I don't have to buy over & over (I hate to shop!). Decided today, at 10-15 pounds from goal, that I would break down and buy a basic new outfit for an old friend's retirement reception: Black pants, plain long-sleeve shirt, new bra & panties to avoid mega-wrinklies (or wedgies) underneath.

Starting (back in April 2015) was pants in 16 women's petite, XL or 1X top, 40B bra, size 10 panties (US sizes). This moment, I'm wearing size 6 (!) pants, L top (broad shoulders, what can I say), 34B bra, size 6 panties. And they fit.

To the best of my recall, I have never, ever worn size 6 pants before. I know that sizes have gotten bigger (for the same-number size) since then, but the smallest number size I remember was a size 8 when I was a gazelle-like 15-year-old, back in the 1970s (I'm 59 y/o).

Stunned.

Love this feeling! I'm 57 and never thought I would have the success that I am at this age.
    Aren't us older girls amazing? Congratulations!
  • Jillish23
    Jillish23 Posts: 226 Member
    I've been feeling up and down with my weight loss over the past couple of months i.e. the scale hasn't budged but I know I'm wearing smaller (old) clothes. This ties in with me starting back at the gym and now also lifting weights* so I've tried my best to keep remembering that it could be down to the gym effort. However, my brain needs stats to see progress so today I measured my thighs (also known as my tree trunks!) and I'm down 4.5 inches per thigh since my highest weight.

So, if you reckon you're doing everything right with regards to the MFP food logging, but the scale isn't budging, then try taking some measurements. It might just be the encouragement you're looking for. ❤

*The threads which started me off with weight lifting:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1120789/females-only-lifting-weight-training-results/p1

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky/p1
  • AnnPT77
    Jillish23 wrote: »
    I... my brain needs stats to see progress so today I measured my thighs (also known as my tree trunks!) and I'm down 4.5 inches per thigh since my highest weight.

Wowwie Kazzzowwiee - hooray, you! That's great!
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

Stunned.

Love this feeling! I'm 57 and never thought I would have the success that I am at this age.
    Aren't us older girls amazing? Congratulations!

Why yes . . . yes, we are! ;)
  • sapphire1166
    sapphire1166 Posts: 114 Member
    This is going to sound really weird.

I've always had a VERY high butt crack. To the point where I have to wear high-waisted pants and granny panties to not display it to the world as a size 20. I've always been in wonderment when I see movies or am getting dressed around friends and they have a crack that ends mid-butt. Mine extends into my lower back.

After losing 40 lbs yes, my clothes are loser and I've dropped two dress sizes. But the thing I notice the most? My crack has receded about 2 inches lower. While I definitely DO have a high crack in comparison to others and still will even if I'm a size 6 (I like to think that means I have a nice, full, non-droppy booty), a lot of HOW high it was was because of extra fat.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited October 2015
    My most recent NSV was this morning when I was trying to find something to wear, and I guess it had been longer than I thought since I wore this top. But when I first bought it, it was so tight it barely fit on me and i was sorta busting out of it. Now...

0fsewcnp6ib9.jpg

P.S. Sapphire, I can totally relate to the butt crack thing!!!
  • lauraleefaith
    lauraleefaith Posts: 578 Member
    @meganridenour This happened to me this morning! My favorite dress doesn't fit the way it used to. Looks like I'll have to find another favorite.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    @meganridenour This happened to me this morning! My favorite dress doesn't fit the way it used to. Looks like I'll have to find another favorite.

It's so bittersweet, isn't it? I'm finding I have to toss out more and more clothes in my closet.
  • rjivory
    rjivory Posts: 51 Member
    dianahoo wrote: »
    In September 2011, my brother-in-law was badly injured at the Reno Air Races when one of the planes crashed into the crowd. He was in a coma for 6 weeks, and once he began to come out of the coma, he struggled hugely in trying to do even the simplest things, like sitting up on his own. As I watched him work so hard, I decided to take on a physical task that was a challenge for me. I wanted to honor his amazing attitude and commitment to becoming stronger by doing something that I had never been able to do -- and that was to do a pull-up. A few months later, he was beginning to lift small weights and to exercise regularly. I told him about my commitment to do a pull-up (I was still a long way away), and he challenged me to a race to see who could do one first. I agreed, convinced I would beat him. He was, after all, recovering from a serious brain injury and had also lost most of the fingers on one hand along with the loss of an eye. Happily, Bill managed to do his pull-up about 4 weeks later, in February 2012. Me on the other hand? I continued to struggle. But, I'm proud to announce that I finally did my pull-up about two weeks ago, and I've done several since then. I cried like a baby when I finally accomplished my goal. So, yes, it's a bit sad that it took me 2 1/2 years to do a pull-up, but it's one of my proudest accomplishments ever!

That's not sad at all! That's AWESOME!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!