Any success stories with Flexible Dieting?

Replies

• eskimohugger
    eskimohugger Posts: 80 Member
    Lost 26lbs eating everything I like, including lots of pizza and cookies :D A lot of things I switched to low/no fat options, and added more fruits to my diet, but overall ate whatever I wanted. IIFYM!

Did you keep watch of your food portions or did you just focused on macros?? :)
  • eskimohugger
    Been flexible eating (hate the word diet) forever! Bulking and cuts. You should enjoy yourself. People who kill themselves on a "diet" end up binge eating and destroying all their progress. Just hit your macros.

My only problem with bulking/cutting is my self control. When I bulk, I used to eat too much (but I gained muscle mass like crazy but also gained fat) and it would be extremely hard for me to switch into cutting mode. I have a lot of respect with people who can keep up with that
  • eskimohugger
    I have lost over 120 pounds i never go below 1500 calories. EVER. I eat what I want and manage the portions. :) Feel free to friend me!

Thats amazing!! Thank you! :)
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Yep. I watch my portion sizes and obviously the total number of calories I eat in a day, but the only "restriction" I have in place is to avoid letting my weekly calories go past my maintenance calories. Meaning that if I need 1850 to maintain a day, my weekly maintenance level would be 12,950; so my rule is to stay under 12,950 or whatever it is that week (based on tracked activity from Fitbit and exercise...could be more/could be less).
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257157/c-section-mom-of-2-my-progress-over-the-past-couple-years-lots-of-pics
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Nuke_64 wrote: »
    I'm at 48 lbs and still going. I generally only focus on overall calories.

Me too. Down 35 pounds and have no stress about my progress. All I worry about is CICO.

Sorry to ask, what does CICO mean?

Calories In Calories Out
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Jruzer wrote: »
    50 pounds here.

Nothing strict. I eat the same meals my family eats. I just eat less than I used to, make far fewer trips to the vending machine, and exercise a lot more.

How many times a week do you workout?

Pretty much daily. Usually harder during the week than on weekends, although if the weather is nice I'll try to get a long bike ride in over the weekend. I try to get at least 3000 kcal/week.
  • southportmom2fab5
    southportmom2fab5 Posts: 49 Member
    CICO= Calories In vs Calories Out
  • Ishii19
    Ishii19 Posts: 115 Member
    47 lbs down here over the past year, and still going strong - very flexible diet :) I keep my net calories at a deficit, eat back what my iPhone step counter gives me, and the only macro I concern myself with is getting enough protein. Flexible exercise plan as well - moving my body makes me feel great, and many days I do it - but lazing around also feels good and I happily do that guilt free when the mood strikes - just eat a little less those days.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    53 lbs. for me. SUPER flexible, lol. I still get fast food and drink beers. I eat what I like and when I want. I just try to make them fit my calories for the day/week. I work out sparingly, but I love to lift and yes CICO works.
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    I have lost over 120 pounds i never go below 1500 calories. EVER. I eat what I want and manage the portions. :) Feel free to friend me!

Thats amazing!! Thank you! :)

You are so welcome and thank you!
  • fastforlife1
    fastforlife1 Posts: 459 Member
    I have a different definition of flexible dieting. I diet for 3-4 months - take a 2 month break - diet again for 3-4 months. And even while I am dieting, I have days of below 1000 calories and some days at 2200 calories. Some days I keep my carbs to 20 grams, occasionally I go to 150 grams. I try to keep changing things up - it keeps my body and me from getting bored with the whole thing. 29#s down and 29#s more to go.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    I say no diets. All diets must end but a lifestyle change goes on for ever. Just be in calorie deficit to lose. When the loss is complete you will need to find balance to maintain.
  • ChampCrucial
    ChampCrucial Posts: 120 Member
    Add 50 from me as well. Before I knew what it was and had sense I just dialed down my portions. Portioned out half of my lunch cals and replaced a whole dinner with the lunch half. Lifted weight and hooped every day and lost 30. After that I started eating a bit cleaner and lost the rest over time with my exercise regimen and the help of a little manual labor.
  • eskimohugger
    I have a different definition of flexible dieting. I diet for 3-4 months - take a 2 month break - diet again for 3-4 months. And even while I am dieting, I have days of below 1000 calories and some days at 2200 calories. Some days I keep my carbs to 20 grams, occasionally I go to 150 grams. I try to keep changing things up - it keeps my body and me from getting bored with the whole thing. 29#s down and 29#s more to go.

I have recently been playing with that rollercoaster eating habit considering my new job includes odd hours and a lot of walking! Hopefully it works out for me!
  • eskimohugger
    charri25 wrote: »
    Add 50 from me as well. Before I knew what it was and had sense I just dialed down my portions. Portioned out half of my lunch cals and replaced a whole dinner with the lunch half. Lifted weight and hooped every day and lost 30. After that I started eating a bit cleaner and lost the rest over time with my exercise regimen and the help of a little manual labor.

Sounds awesome!! My new job requires a lot of walking, depending on how long my shifts are but I'm going to try to lift weights again

• rdlewis123
    rdlewis123 Posts: 106 Member
    49 yo, 60 pounds down and I eat what I want within my calories
  • 2bfit_2015
    2bfit_2015 Posts: 42 Member
    Yes it is possible. I have cookies almost daily along with any other things I crave and I've lost 66lbs. Still have 30 lbs left and don't plan on cutting anything out lol
  • eskimohugger
    2bfit_2015 wrote: »
    Yes it is possible. I have cookies almost daily along with any other things I crave and I've lost 66lbs. Still have 30 lbs left and don't plan on cutting anything out lol
    Geez, that is almost 100 pounds!! That's awesome!!! Do you exercise regularly or just portion control or IIFYM or what?
  • eskimohugger
    rdlewis123 wrote: »
    49 yo, 60 pounds down and I eat what I want within my calories

Thats amazing!! Some say at your age, its impossible to lose that much weight and to be able to eat like a teenager but you truly cut that myth out!! Im in awe
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    I've lost 49 pounds eating whatever I want, as long as it fits into my calories.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!