What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• aspdenbrae
    aspdenbrae Posts: 49 Member
    Splitting the seat of your shorts in the middle of the gym because my squat booty is to big lol. Oddly satisfying.

Finding out how unsupportive your family will be, I've since realized they don't want to believe weight loss is possible.

Having people think you're a different person, uhm who I am hasn't changed?
  • saylorkw
    saylorkw Posts: 69 Member
    aspdenbrae wrote: »
    Finding out how unsupportive your family will be, I've since realized they don't want to believe weight loss is possible.

I gave away a bunch of clothes that no longer fit, the response, "are you sure you want to get rid of these? You may need them again".
  • tlwshaw
    tlwshaw Posts: 32 Member
    Virkati wrote: »
    I went shopping yesterday. Tried on some dresses. I am NOT a dress girl. Not dresses, not skirts. Not me. Found out that suddenly I didn't hate what the mirror showed me. I didn't hate me anymore. Today I went shopping again. Turns out...once I got past all the layers of "self-protection" and just chose the things I like...I'm a girl!! Like, the kind of girl who WANTS to wear a pretty, feminine, swirly, flowy type of dress. Omg, nobody told me that I might find myself. And that I would love me.

@Virkati I love this! Good for you. When I found myself, I discovered I love the "sporty" me. Before, I was always dressing like a business person, even for home. I love the new me so much more.

I am noticing that I like a different style of clothing too, now that my shape is different. I look taller (and I am still 5'5"). I even tried on one of my blazers the other day and realized that it looked totally different on me now and I like it a lot better.

• kristinels
    kristinels Posts: 315 Member
    2307dee wrote: »
    * How bone-chilling the Australian winter really is
    * How addictive exercise becomes, and how cranky I get when I can't do it
    * How shopping is now a pleasure instead of something to dread
    * How bones I didn't even know I had uncomfortably present themselves, and
    * How some days I look in the mirror and I still see me at 99kg, instead of the 54gk I am today

This is the one I would never have believed when I first got started. I was one of those people who posted the 'If you see me running, you'd better run too, because something bad is chasing me!' meme's on Facebook. Lol! Now I love my workouts and am seriously annoyed if I can't fit all my (now) usual activities into my day. Go figure!
  • Miss_Mania
    Miss_Mania Posts: 163 Member
    AngeBee18 wrote: »
    I have had to do some serious shopping lately to restock my wardrobe. Its awesome, and I am loving being able to find clothes that I fit in most stores I go into. However it's such an adjustment to try and just buy things I really love and make me feel great, rather than settling for anything that fits and looks 'passable' as I have had to do for so long. I was considering a dress today which fit and looked ok, but not great. It was really hard to put it back and trust that I would find something better.

I'm also bringing a lot more colour and pattern into my wardrobe because I'm not afraid to stand out any more. B)

Yes!! This is so where I'm at on my journey. Great to see others are going through the same thing lol. I used to only wear things that could fit and didn't have much options. Shopping would fill me with anxiety. Now I can spend a day shopping looking for things I actually love and putting things that are just okay back. My husband hates shopping with me now lol
  • CraigHindmarsh
    CraigHindmarsh Posts: 13 Member
    I remember noticing my oxters concaving in when i leaned over and getting really freaked out and asking people if that was normal lol!
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    My younger sister has the grumps with me because she's my little sister and has always been "littler" compared to me her fat sister. Now that I've almost reached her weight and will keep getting lighter she is feeling a bit cranky. I'm almost 12cm shorter than her. So we're kinda swapping roles.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    That I can be woken from a dead sleep because some part of my brain says "You didn't log your calories tonight!" and can't go back to sleep until I do... It was 4:30 am, brain, AM... lol.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Sometimes people try and tell you what you can and can't eat.
  • getitamb
    pootle1972 wrote: »
    "Oh you can't POSSIBLY want to lose more weight.....err I'm just into the overweight band so yeah I do......

Did you get a band......no i stopped eating my bodyweight in crap everyday.....

So this low carb diet.....you'll you die you know.....you need carbs to live....you'll give yourself a heart attack eating butter.....oh full fat yogurt is SOOOOOOOO bad for you...you need to try my low fat instead...

Grrrr I hate diet nazis.

They don't understand the concept of why we eat like that. They don't know we eat that stuff sometimes. Just not all day. It's crazy.
  • CactusFlower527
    CactusFlower527 Posts: 38 Member
    yangt41 wrote: »
    That I will still hate working out! I really thought I would start to be like some of you on here who starts to actually enjoy working out. I still dread it but still drag myself to the gym 3-4 times a week.

Don't feel bad, I don't like it either. I don't bother with a gym though ( I know I won't go). I have exercise mat at home.. and a treadmill on order from Costco. We have many months out of the year when it is just TOO HOT to walk outside - YES even early morning or at night.
  • getitamb
    @CactusFlower527 have you tried doing something you like? I hate weights so I found an easy getfitforwomen workout on YouTube. I also like dancing. But yeah. Their aren't many I like either
  • getitamb
    I meant @yangt41 but I guess that could be for both of you guys
  • dklorete
    dklorete Posts: 1 Member
    4mricandy wrote: »
    Stay off the scale!!! The belt is the ultimate motivator!!!
    very true
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!