Introduce yourself!

2»

Replies

• KCtrieu
    KCtrieu Posts: 1 Member
    Hi! I am a new MFP member. This seems like a fun challenge. My name is KC, 5'4'' and currently 165 lbs. I plan to lose at least 15 lbs by Christmas, but I guess my real goal is 20lbs! My ideal maintaining weight is 125 lbs, but that's a long way to go.. Good thing this is a lifestyle change. :smile:
    Good luck everyone! And have fun!!
  • KurlyStarr
    KurlyStarr Posts: 13 Member
    Hi there! I actually had started on a personal "lose 50 by Christmas" endeavor at the beginning of September, so this challenge is PERFECT to help keep me on track and help support others!!

My monthly goals:
    Sept=15 lbs (lost 16.5!)
    Oct=15 lbs
    Nov=12 lbs
    Dec=8 lbs

Stats:
    Height 5'9"
    Start (Sept 1): 268
    Current (Oct 1): 251.5
    Christmas: 218
    Ultimate: 170
  • kuailemama
    kuailemama Posts: 3 Member
    Hello, everyone :-)
    My current weight: 160 lbs
    My goal weight (Christmas): 140 lbs
    My ultimate goal: 120 lbs
    => Establish better habits for healthier life style!
  • SquishyVicki
    SquishyVicki Posts: 280 Member
    Hey - count me in!!
    I'm Vicki, I'm 33 and live in the UK with my hubby, my daughter and crazy cat :smile:

My journey has been up and down as I lost a lot of weight a few years ago but gained it all back plus more when I had my daughter. She's just turned 1 so it's time to get back on track!!

SW (Sept 2014): 17stone (238 lbs)
    CW: 13st 11.6 (193.6 lbs)

Loss has been slow the past few months so I want a large but achievable target so 20 lbs in 12 weeks for me!
    Goal by Christmas = to lose another 20 lbs! Eek.
  • chantyc1
    chantyc1 Posts: 137 Member
    Some fantastic stories and goals here guys, I can relate to you all.
    Good luck to you all and let's stay motivated.
  • sprale
    sprale Posts: 117 Member
    Hi, I'm Lisa. I am 5'6" and weigh 189 lbs. I'd like to get down to 173 lbs by Christmas.
  • spilledmilk
    spilledmilk Posts: 83 Member
    Hello everyone! I'm Molly, CW 215, GW by Christmas 200.
    We can do this!!
  • chantyc1
    chantyc1 Posts: 137 Member
    Welcome guys and good luck with your journeys
  • frontdoorangel
    frontdoorangel Posts: 34 Member
    Hello :smile: Just found this challenge. Been on MFP for a couple of years now and I love joining short term challenges to keep me motivated. I was about 260 at my heaviest and about 234 when I first joined MFP. Ultimate goal weight is somewhere between 160-130, haven't been that light in years so have no idea how I'll feel or where I'll want to stop. Probably as close to a normal healthy weight as I can get. Currently hovering between 196 and 194 for the past two weeks or so. I have a mini goal weight of 180 that I'm trying to meet in order to have an elective surgery so the faster I hit that, the better.

I'm pretty terrible about logging consistently but I've still managed to lose 40lbs in the last 7 months or so. But I certainly don't want to gain any of it back over the holidays.

I go to the gym at least 3 days a week but have set personal goals last month to make it there at least 4-5 days. Don't have that down yet but it's getting better. I just started dabbling in weight training, so hoping to see bigger fat losses and better body composition.

Nice to meet all of you.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Hi all! My name is Rae and I've been on MFP since January 2015. I live in Oregon, USA, with my husband and two very spoiled, but adorable dogs (an Aussie and a Beagle). I'm 55 years old and 5'5". At my heaviest I was around 180. I've been a yo-yo dieter most of my life. I've gained and lost the same 25-30 pounds more times than I can remember. I still have another 15-20 to reach my goal weight. It's been slow, but it is coming off bit by bit.

My highest weight - 180
    My current weight - 161
    My goal weight by Christmas - 150
    Ultimate goal weight - 145

I have a pretty healthy diet and am gluten-free. Would love to share recipes and meal ideas.
    Favorite exercises - aquafit class, yoga, walking and disc golf! I want to be as fit as possible for my age and beat my hubby at disc golf!

Anyone who wants can send me a friend request! B)
  • Lil_lifter
    Lil_lifter Posts: 18 Member
    Hi all hoping to lose 9lbs if I keep it up I should be on track. Essentially I put on a lot of weight recently and looking to shed it again to be back in the happy zone. Not a very dramatic goal but there you go!