1 year of hard work, 110lbs gone!

I started my fitness journey at a whopping g 245lbs, 1 year later I dropped 110lbs!now 2 years later I weigh 137lbs! My goal is to inspire others and hopefully be a fitness inspiration worldwide!!

Replies

• FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    GREAT WORK

Hard work and dedication!!!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    That is awesome because keeping it off has always been the hard part in my case.
  • luvwords1996
    luvwords1996 Posts: 90 Member
    Great job! Took a lot of work to lose the weight, so I'd be interested to know how hard it has been to maintain.
  • hdawood85
    hdawood85 Posts: 25 Member
    Great job.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Good for you! Congratulations on the tremendous weight loss.

70044776.png
  • Paulrockzy49
    Paulrockzy49 Posts: 5 Member
    WOW! Great job.
  • daniellastan18
    daniellastan18 Posts: 6 Member
    Thank you everyone! I can't say it's been easy. And for anyone who's on this journey knows the ups and downs to this. Over the past two 2 years I've managed to go from 245 to 135, back up to 165(we all have our ups and downs) and finally getting my act back together earlier this year and I'm back down to around 135lbs. One thing I've learned over the past couple of years is thay I will always have to make the gym apart of my routine. I've learned so much about my body, since my weight-loss, and one thing you can't get rid of even if you lose all the weight you want, is fat cells. That being said, you can always create more, but never get rid of any. You can only shrink them(unless you do lipo). That is why because I was once so over weight, it is much easier for me, and anyone else to keep weight off without healthy eating and exercise.

Now my biggest struggle is my excess skin. I don't have a lot, but the doctor said anywhere between 7 to 10lbs or excess skin. Which is why I find it very hard to appreciate how far I've come so far. It's a hard journey both physically and mentally.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Wow, congrats! I'm aiming to lose another 110 in the next 15 months, I hope I am as successful as you have been! :smile:
  • daniellastan18
    You can, and you will be successful if you want to be! Nobody can stop you but yourself!!
  • deescrafty
    deescrafty Posts: 174 Member
    Amazing job! Thank you for your story. It gives me hope that I can be successful. I know that my journey will continue after my goal is reached. It has to be a lifestyle change
  • holly_roman
    holly_roman Posts: 116 Member
    Can I be your friend. I am on week 2-3 and started at 246..down 6lbs. would love to add you as a friend GW is 160 for the time being. I want to hit that weight before I try to get back down to 135. I have a big chest and hips (neither go away with weight loss) so I look great at 160. But depending on how I feel and look when i get there I might end up keep going.
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Brilliant result - there are other posters who have talked about excess skin in other threads and you might be heartened to see how much improvement they saw over time. They say it takes a few years for the skin to tighten up so crossing fingers that it will be a similar story for you :):). Really impressed with your achievement!
  • JenniferIsLosingIt
    JenniferIsLosingIt Posts: 595 Member
    I started at a whopping 412 lbs lol down about 120, got about 120 to go. Its neverending, but so worth it!
  • malvina0421
    malvina0421 Posts: 2 Member
    That's amazing! Congrats!
  • ajgordo150
    ajgordo150 Posts: 79 Member
    Congratulations you did it happy for you
  • daniellastan18
    Thank you everyone for your kind words!!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Awesome work lady!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Great!
  • Great success story!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!