**SPOILER ALERT** BLoser

Fitness_Chick
Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
wow!!

Ok, I had to laugh when Bob said 'it's not gonna help if you watch the show eating icecream'....lol pretty good line, and absolutely true!:laugh:

This is gonnna be one great season....for viewers to see larger folks losing will give them so much more hope then I'm sure they have now!!

Gonna be pretty intense from the looks of it........

ok, my thoughts of the moment:bigsmile:

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    wow!!

Ok, I had to laugh when Bob said 'it's not gonna help if you watch the show eating icecream'....lol pretty good line, and absolutely true!:laugh:

This is gonnna be one great season....for viewers to see larger folks losing will give them so much more hope then I'm sure they have now!!

Gonna be pretty intense from the looks of it........

ok, my thoughts of the moment:bigsmile:
  • Two steps ahead of me FC!!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • :love: mmm...somebody said ice cream...:love:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Two steps ahead of me FC!!! :drinker: :drinker:
    :laugh: I just didn't want anyone continuing on that thread when some of us are already enjoying and discussing the show:drinker:

Ok, folks fill me in, I left the room for ONE moment...and that's why the 62 year old went down.....is he and his wife off the show?

Is he ok? Still on the show? Thanks for the update on that part:drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    :love: mmm...somebody said ice cream...:love:
    hey now...Bob is watching you!:noway: :laugh:
  • Fitness_Chick
    I rather liked how they picked teams this time...:wink:
  • I'm not sure if she's his wife or not, but he fainted and they took him to the hospital and said he'd be back after some monitoring if the docs ok it.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    yup, they just weighed in his wife (or whoever he came with) - I think they are expecting him to come back --

very scary - and dramatic... quite to the point,,, I am in tears..

jb
  • Fitness_Chick
    I'm not sure if she's his wife or not, but he fainted and they took him to the hospital and said he'd be back after some monitoring if the docs ok it.
    cool!:drinker:
  • I was close, but I knew BF would make fun of me if I cried. I'm trying to do jumping jacks/rope on commercials. :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    yup, they just weighed in his wife (or whoever he came with) - I think they are expecting him to come back --

very scary - and dramatic... quite to the point,,, I am in tears..

jb
    seriously! This is going to be one of the most emotional, moving seasons ever from the looks of it...I'm so glad they allowed larger folks to join up.... it gives them hope even if they don't lose it all there, they'll get SO MUCH SUPPORT ..

WOW anyone see the clip they showed at the beginning of the 30lb weight loss in a week??? WOW, very cool.
    I was losing tons like that...ok, no not in a week but when I first started it was dropping off and I was eating healthy and excercising, it was quite freakish actually to see the lbs simply melt off.

But as they say the more you have to lose, the quicker it comes off-larger numbers on the scale each weigh in.

As long as folks begin excercise pretty shortly after beginning to lose large amounts of weight loss they have a mucher greater chance of keeping it off and doing it in a healthy way...less excess sking to be sure!:drinker:

no expert here...just my life...guess I"m a expert on that? :bigsmile:
  • Lol, my 20 month old DS, who is just getting the hang of jumping without holding onto something is jumping with me. It's funny.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Lol, my 20 month old DS, who is just getting the hang of jumping without holding onto something is jumping with me. It's funny.
    cute:laugh:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Ok When he said to not eat ice cream and watch the show......I did that once last season. Big no no!:devil: Ok so now I have fat free ice cream....really!! And I had tears in my eyes when they were weighing in. My hubby just looks at me funny!!
  • jacmiley
    jacmiley Posts: 202 Member
    ....for viewers to see larger folks losing will give them so much more hope then I'm sure they have now!!

I'm a realist. The show is great and I don't want to kill anyone's enthusiasm for the show ... but if I was able to go a month or so without my job and be able to focus only on weight loss I'm 99.99% sure I could lose weight

The killer (not making excuses) is time. People have to work for living and in this economy they have to work either two jobs or extra hours. I don't even have a family but I struggle to work my job. Work extra hours running clubs and intramurals. So I'm putting in 10 or so hour days. I'm trying to fit in a boyfriend. Taking grad classes (cause for whatever stupid reason teachers basically have to have their masters done within 6 years of teaching - I agree with more education but why so soon after getting educated do I need more education) Plus, I'm desperately trying to find a job in a different area and have to go through the hoops that teachers have to go through to find employment. At the end of my work day - I am exhausted. Not physically but mentally and that does affect the physical. I have no desire to workout.

In the end, I workout I feel good. But afterwards I might have an hour or so left in my day then I go to bed and have to start all over with the same stress and time constraints.

So back on my point - biggest loser good show and inspiring to see how great people look after losing the weight - but in the real world its hard and my hat goes off to anyone of you that is surviving and making it work! :happy:
  • Fitness_Chick
    ok, 50 wall pushups (LOVE THOSE Things...cause I love challenges) and 40 squats... not bad for a commercial break and did a couple other things too...... :drinker:
  • I am really liking it so far, for what I have read of the first 45mins.
  • Fitness_Chick
    I think we all realize it's a REALITY tv show:wink::laugh: But hey here we all sit watching it, no different than some watch the other reality tv shows that are on for ratings..

But I'm all for folks getting healther in any way it takes where it's done in a healthy manner.... :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: Sometimes it takes something like this...something extreme to give folks a boost:drinker:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    ....for viewers to see larger folks losing will give them so much more hope then I'm sure they have now!!

I'm a realist. The show is great and I don't want to kill anyone's enthusiasm for the show ... but if I was able to go a month or so without my job and be able to focus only on weight loss I'm 99.99% sure I could lose weight

The killer (not making excuses) is time. People have to work for living and in this economy they have to work either two jobs or extra hours. I don't even have a family but I struggle to work my job. Work extra hours running clubs and intramurals. So I'm putting in 10 or so hour days. I'm trying to fit in a boyfriend. Taking grad classes (cause for whatever stupid reason teachers basically have to have their masters done within 6 years of teaching - I agree with more education but why so soon after getting educated do I need more education) Plus, I'm desperately trying to find a job in a different area and have to go through the hoops that teachers have to go through to find employment. At the end of my work day - I am exhausted. Not physically but mentally and that does affect the physical. I have no desire to workout.

In the end, I workout I feel good. But afterwards I might have an hour or so left in my day then I go to bed and have to start all over with the same stress and time constraints.

So back on my point - biggest loser good show and inspiring to see how great people look after losing the weight - but in the real world its hard and my hat goes off to anyone of you that is surviving and making it work! :happy:

Very true!
    I'm pregnant with baby #3 and right before I got pregnant I had managed to lose 22 lbs of the 50 I had wanted to lose! lol
    The ONLY way I could with two kids running around was to TRY and get my 40 mins of exercise a day. It's really hard when you have a life to live, kids to chase, etc!
    It's nice and inspiring though- I can't WAIT to have this baby and get back on track with exercise, and hopefully breastfeeding will help! lol
  • Fitness_Chick

sounds like you're having a really tough time rigt tnow, very sorry to hear that:noway: :flowerforyou:

But this show is very inspiring for many even if we all do know it's not something most can leave their life an do:smile: Kudos to the folks on the show working harder than they probably ever have or ever will:drinker:

I always learn something watching it each season:blushing: :bigsmile: