New team - the STARTERS

I'm gonna go ahead and start my own team if that's ok. I am just getting started wih working out hence the name STARTERS. Here are my goals. If you'd like to join please let me know.

Goals to accomplish by end of month:

- I have very little upper body strength so I'd like to complete 15 push ups in a row not on my knees.
- I am looking to increase my cardio endurance so i've begun running. i can currently run for a total of 2 minutes at a time. I'd like to increase this to 5 minutes.
- i lack motivation and willpower so i need to just start getting up and doing it even if its just 30 minutes. so i'd like to commit to 30 minutes a day minimum 4 days per week. (base goal)

Goal Summary:

15 push ups in a row not on my knees - 2 sets
5 minute run / 2 minute walk interchange for 60 minutes
30 minutes per day 4 days a week (minimum)

i think this is a good start. let me know if you are up for the challenge.
if anyone joins I'll increase the expectations each month.

Replies

• SaraWojcik19
    SaraWojcik19 Posts: 114 Member
    I'm gonna go ahead and start my own team if that's ok. I am just getting started wih working out hence the name STARTERS. Here are my goals. If you'd like to join please let me know.

Goals to accomplish by end of month:

- I have very little upper body strength so I'd like to complete 15 push ups in a row not on my knees.
    - I am looking to increase my cardio endurance so i've begun running. i can currently run for a total of 2 minutes at a time. I'd like to increase this to 5 minutes.
    - i lack motivation and willpower so i need to just start getting up and doing it even if its just 30 minutes. so i'd like to commit to 30 minutes a day minimum 4 days per week. (base goal)

Goal Summary:

15 push ups in a row not on my knees - 2 sets
    5 minute run / 2 minute walk interchange for 60 minutes
    30 minutes per day 4 days a week (minimum)

i think this is a good start. let me know if you are up for the challenge.
    if anyone joins I'll increase the expectations each month.
  • SaraWojcik19
    anybody? anybody?

are the goals to simpe? to aggressive?
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    I think this is a great idea and I hope you get some takers.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    anybody? anybody?

are the goals to simpe? to aggressive?
    Don't give up! Give your post a couple of days to see who responds. Someone will. If you want, you and I can work on doing this together. I don't want to be in too many groups right now to be accounted for because I don't want to let anyone down. That will be my downfall. But I will work on my strength training and all that great stuff!
  • Hey Sara! This sounds great. I just started, too. How do I join your team?
  • Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    I would LOVE to be part of this with you. Please let me know what we are doing and if anything changes. Need any help with anything??? Thanks!
  • SaraWojcik19
    I will start an excel spreadsheet with everyones names. Why don't we all check n on Monday's to update where we are at. I'll get the spreadsheet together and see if i can find a way to post it on here.

so glad you guys are with me. this is going to be exciting.

i am going to get cracking on these goals first thing tomorrow!!!!!!!
  • SaraWojcik19
    and all you have to do to join is say so and i'll get you added to the spreadsheet. i've set it up so that when you report in every monday i will drop in your numbers and it will show your % of goal. so, if you work out 3 times a week instead of 4 then i will drop in the 3 times and it will show you at 75% of your goal.

if you want a copy of the spreadsheet just send me your email address.
  • SaraWojcik19
    i just had a great idea. on the last day of each month i'll post our goal completion stats and whoever wins can set the goals for the next month. that means if you exceed the goals and are the winner by highest % then the rest of us have to attain your goals during the next cycle.

let me know if you're on board with this...................i'm excited!

oh and no wimping out - - - these are full on, straight leg, no bent knee, up and ALLLLLLLL the way down push ups!!!!!

let's get crackin'!!!!!!!
  • dianam
    dianam Posts: 7
    Can I join your tea114557.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Diet Journalm?
  • SaraWojcik19
    consider yourself in.

and to add - if any of you need me, or want me to adjust the goals to better meet your abilites just let me know.
  • sotor
    sotor Posts: 8
    I'm in! What do we need to?
  • Rachel6901
    Rachel6901 Posts: 105 Member
    I love the idea of who ever has the highest % set the next month's goal. I'm in!
  • I just joined this website a few days ago and would love to part of your team! One of my goals this month already was to do 10 pushups... guess I'll just have to work a little harder for those last 5! :) Looking forward to sharng this journey with you all.
  • SaraWojcik19
    Sotor and Emma - I have added you.

On Monday's everyone should report your progress even if is just a starting point, it will allow us to track our progress weekly. you need to report the following -

# of consecutive push ups (all the way down and all the way up)
    # of minutes ran consistently with 2 minute walk interval (5 run / 2 walk for 60 minutes)
    # of days per week you worked out

for the running goal, the way to track this is the number of minutes you can run without stopping during a run/walk cycle. if you can currently run 2 mins / walk 2 mins then on Monday you'll report your minutes as 2 minutes. make sense? lets keep the 2 minute walk as the same walking interval for all of us so we have a common factor to base our numbers on.

for any of you who need to modify your goals for personal/health reasons that is fine. for example, if you can't run but can do a brisk walk just go ahead and do that and i'll track it as normal. same for push ups, if you can't do straight leg due to complications that is ok. as long as you are working hard and pushing to doing your best.

and again if anyone wants to see the spreadsheet just give me your email.
  • SaraWojcik19
    bump
  • SaraWojcik19
    hey guys - hows your workouts goin? i am struggling wit the push ups. i can do them girly style but plank is much harder. got a long way to go with the running too. i am only at 60-90 seconds so far!!!!!