Nausea

honeypeas
honeypeas Posts: 17 Member
I have been suffering from terrible nausea for the last week. I'm about two and a half weeks out, and I can't take it anymore. I've been prescribed anti nausea meds and they don't seem to be helping. I'm getting very discouraged as I've had about 50 grams of protein in total since last Thursday. I start gagging just thinking about eating anything. Has anyone had this and found a solution? It has to get better soon, right?

Replies

• Wonderwomanvik
    Wonderwomanvik Posts: 2,932 Member
    What are you eating at 2 1/2 weeks out? I was still on liquids at that point.
  • jenean52
    jenean52 Posts: 80 Member
    Time is the only thing that helped me.
    Stay hydrated. Try very bland foods.
    Most shakes and jello were too sweet for me, I had to stick with soups.
    I know this sounds boring, but it will get better.
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    At the point where you are now, I was eating soups that were blended and then strained (basically, full liquids). I would try sticking with that until you feel like your pouch has healed enough.

Also, make sure you're getting enough water - sip, sip, sip. Dehydration can cause nausea.
  • martabeerich
    martabeerich Posts: 195 Member
    I had nausea bad. I came out of anesthesia dry heaving. It gradually got better but was bad for 3-4 weeks. It was hard to ingest anything, even water. I also didn't eat anything for about the first 4 days. Your number 1 is water to stay hydrated. Otherwise you'll go back to the hospital to be put on an IV (I stayed an extra day in the hospital for that reason). Just know that time will improve it. I think now it was a reaction to anesthesia. It took me 6 weeks to feel myself. I'm 8 weeks out and feel great now. Take it day by day. Do your best with liquids. You'll be okay.
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Check in with your doc. Severe, prolonged nausea can be a sign of a problem, or could just be how your body heals. I had horrible nausea the first couple of weeks, and it did get better as time went on. You have to stay hydrated though, and experiment with what sits better for you and get in your protein however you can. Warm liquids sat better for me than cold did, so I did (and still do) more soups with unflavored protein powder added than cold protein shakes. I frequently used premade deli soups that I just had to smooth out and reheat before adding protein powder to vs having to make my own soups or resorting to canned.
  • mjks_mom
    mjks_mom Posts: 35 Member
    Check in with your doc. Severe, prolonged nausea can be a sign of a problem, or could just be how your body heals. I had horrible nausea the first couple of weeks, and it did get better as time went on. You have to stay hydrated though, and experiment with what sits better for you and get in your protein however you can. Warm liquids sat better for me than cold did, so I did (and still do) more soups with unflavored protein powder added than cold protein shakes. I frequently used premade deli soups that I just had to smooth out and reheat before adding protein powder to vs having to make my own soups or resorting to canned.

What does "smooth out " mean?
  • ThinGwen
    ThinGwen Posts: 174 Member
    I read it as using a blender on them.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    I agree call doc, dehydration can be culprit and make sure you're taking your acid reducer months out whenever the doc tries to stop mine that is always my first symptom good luck ❤️ thinking of you