No more giving in to cravings!

Hey people!

Have you ever been on a roll, catching up to your goals, keeping track and proud of your progress and then one day, maybe a few days into your top streak, the universe throws a hurdle in front of you that seems almost impossible to overcome?

Well that happened to me today.

I have been planning on losing about 40 lbs by the end of the year in preparation of a friend's visit - from Alaska to Kenya - and I have about 60 days to go. Meaning, if I want to reach my goal, I will need to lose about 4.4 lbs each week, for the next 9 weeks.

I've been on a roll, having dropped 2kgs within the past week and I was proud of myself, until I came back from a run this afternoon, only to be ushered in by the sweet scent of melted cheesy goodness. I was welcomed by a large pizza right there, still hot, still sexy and ready to seduce me.

I thought I would allow myself to only have one slice but ended up having three. My heart aches to admit that.

I am hoping that now by joining this wonderful community, I will find the self-discipline and support I so desperately need during these already trying nine weeks. Let's do this!

Replies

• bobbbyayers
    bobbbyayers Posts: 2 Member
    Hang in there, I am in the same boat, I really crave sweets, especially chocolate, either by itself or in cookies etc. So I know with help we can both accomplish our goal, we just can't sacrifice our health to do it. So be careful.
  • pakanoir
    pakanoir Posts: 14 Member
    edited October 2015
    Hey guys, thank you for replying to my post! Let me just clarify that the I would like to ULTIMATELY lose 40 lbs, but if I don't get to that exact weight (145lbs), that would be fine. I understand that it seems like a stretch, but I'm sure with true dedication, I can do it without harming my health.