What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Virkati wrote: »
    rchi25wddfe3.jpg

The pic that shows the muscles on my legs...that NO ONE mentions. This is the pic that shows me RUNNING...both feet off the ground running...that's one of my granddaughters, we are racing!

Dang, you do have some muscles. And it looks like your granddaughter is having to run to keep up. My daughter can WALK to keep up with me when I run. It's pathetic.
  • fitpal661
    fitpal661 Posts: 7 Member
    Getting used to compliments on appearance or new clothes. It feels good & different.
  • GlacierGirl907
    GlacierGirl907 Posts: 40 Member
    heart3313 wrote: »
    I went from 214 lbs to 180 lbs and just am stuck for about a month now. It's almost like I hit a wall.. so re thinking everything, I started over on here. I am starting at 183 lbs and not 214 lbs anymore. My goal is 165 lbs. So I think my what no one tells you about weight loss is the bumps in the road you will face! It's not just reaching your goal...it's the long journey it's going to take! It may be easy, it may not be. I am on the it's not easy journey! :)

I did the same thing and still the same now for 2 months I started at 157 now 138 hit my platue so I'm regrouping started a whole new workout and hoping to shock my body into loosing again cause that's what you have to do. I was on a routine and I'm changing food as well good luck
  • monarque23
    monarque23 Posts: 41 Member
    rchi25wddfe3.jpg

The pic that shows the muscles on my legs...that NO ONE mentions. This is the pic that shows me RUNNING...both feet off the ground running...that's one of my granddaughters, we are racing!

!!! I can see your muscles !!! People are so mean (and jealous) sometimes.

You look great :-)))
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member

rchi25wddfe3.jpg

You are one hot grandma!!!You look so great! And yes! I can see your muscles!! Way to go!
  • luvmontana
    luvmontana Posts: 40 Member
    edited October 2015
    I read all the new posts every day and they are so encouraging, keep up the hard work :)
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    The going down in shoe size is what's surprised me.

I don't know why I believed this person, but back before Google was particularly good at finding quick answers, I asked her if you could lose enough weight to drop shoe sizes and she acted like I was a moron and said no. At the time it rather crushed my dreams because I really wanted Japanese-made shoes and the company didn't make Western sizes.

I am back to being an 8-8.5 depending on style/brand now. Hadn't bought an 8.5 in years until today!
  • sybabe35
    sybabe35 Posts: 99 Member
    rayw89 wrote: »
    How bloating and disgusting it feels to have a day where you eat the way the old you did. After Valentine's Day I couldn't wait to go back to not eating much!

I'm struggling with that now! But I it was a good reminder to get back on track and eat healthier! I began eating more carby and fatty foods on my "weekend days" (I have 3/4 days off work rotating weeks because I work 12 hour shifts), even when I didn't go running. This started giving me bloating and gas...something I'm not comfortable doing around my boyfriend. I think that's a healthy response, so I'm trying to get back on the bandwagon!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    rchi25wddfe3.jpg

I ran a 5k with my 10 year old grandson. He took off like the flash and when I finally stumbled across the finish line 50 minutes later, he said, "Grandma, I didn't know it was going to take you sooooooooooo long!" (He came in 4th place out of about 200 people and did about 25 minutes.) At least you're giving your grand daughter a run for her money!

• justrollme
    justrollme Posts: 802 Member
    Nausicca55 wrote: »
    If I get asked "How did you lose so much weight?" I am just going to reply "The Mafia was involved."

LOL I love this.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    bri170lb wrote: »
    rchi25wddfe3.jpg

I ran a 5k with my 10 year old grandson. He took off like the flash and when I finally stumbled across the finish line 50 minutes later, he said, "Grandma, I didn't know it was going to take you sooooooooooo long!" (He came in 4th place out of about 200 people and did about 25 minutes.) At least you're giving your grand daughter a run for her money!

Seriously, though, your legs look amazaing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!