Dryer Jeans

Come on girls, you all know what I'm talking about...the dreaded washing and drying of the jeans. You put them on and you know that they are going to be tight for the first little while (maybe a day) and then they finally "break in".

But how nice is it when you are losing weight and you pull them out of the dryer and they FIT! Of course, the bad part is that then they stretch and you get "diaper *kitten*" (as my fiance calls it) when they stretch out.

But let me tell you, it felt so great today to put them on out of the dryer and not have to suck it in to get them buttoned. ;)

I love this app...it's helping me stay on track and motivated. I started my first month without it and now I can't live without it. :) Yay!

Replies

• pgarcia1964
    pgarcia1964 Posts: 27 Member
    I know what you mean. I can finally wash some of mine and not dread that "lay down on the bed, suck it in and say no thanks I like standing" for a day feeling ;)
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,702 Member
    jenathp wrote: »
    Come on girls, you all know what I'm talking about...the dreaded washing and drying of the jeans. You put them on and you know that they are going to be tight for the first little while (maybe a day) and then they finally "break in".

But how nice is it when you are losing weight and you pull them out of the dryer and they FIT! Of course, the bad part is that then they stretch and you get "diaper *kitten*" (as my fiance calls it) when they stretch out.

But let me tell you, it felt so great today to put them on out of the dryer and not have to suck it in to get them buttoned. ;)

I love this app...it's helping me stay on track and motivated. I started my first month without it and now I can't live without it. :) Yay!

Good for you! Yes, that is a good feeling. I blame the jeans on the saggy effect, though. Jeans now have way too much spandex and not enough jean material. I hold on to all my old jeans because I hate the stretchy feeling in the newer ones. Or maybe I need to change brands.
  • pgarcia1964
    pgarcia1964 Posts: 27 Member
    I don't like the stretchy ones. It's so hard to find 100% cotton or even 98%. I found some Lucky jeans and now they don't have them. Very upsetting. I actually will buy men's jeans depending on the style. Theirs are mostly 100% cotton.
  • jenathp
    jenathp Posts: 92 Member
    I like the stretchy ones sometimes...the only jeans that I've ever found fit me off the shelf are Lane Bryant in their "short" or "petite" (isn't that such a joke) versions. I'm only 5'2"...those are almost always stretchy. They tried to sell me a pair of the Melissa McCarthy legging jeans I was like OMG nobody wants to see THAT much of me. LOL :)
  • hcs00
    hcs00 Posts: 40 Member
    I air dry mine, then throw in the dryer on very low for 10 minutes just to get them less stiff. And mine are all elasticy skinny jeans! I think I could wear a size smaller but I'm not bothering to buy any yet.

I love the Target Denizen but I haven't found any that aren't stretchy in forever.
  • Tia_N_Mac
    Tia_N_Mac Posts: 181 Member
    How about taking a good nap in once too-tight jeans? That's a good feeling too!
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    jenathp wrote: »

Good for you! Yes, that is a good feeling. I blame the jeans on the saggy effect, though. Jeans now have way too much spandex and not enough jean material. I hold on to all my old jeans because I hate the stretchy feeling in the newer ones. Or maybe I need to change brands.

Agree, I don't give up my old jeans until they are holding on by a thread. They don't make them how they used to.

Non-stretch jeans straight of the dryer that perfectly fit... now that is the holy grail of weightloss!
  • scr183
    scr183 Posts: 49 Member
    My poor fiancé, who is a saint for doing most of our laundry in the first place, is constantly asking me which of my jeans he can put in the dryer and which he shouldn't, since it's an ever-changing list these days. I swear he nearly wept with relief the other day when I told him he could just dry them all since they were varying degrees of too loose.

Then I ruined it by bringing home two new, smaller pair a few days later. He told me they looked great, but I'm pretty sure I saw his eye twitching... ;)
  • CatherineHillin
    CatherineHillin Posts: 66 Member
    I had that moment the other day! The jeans used to be uncomfortably tight after drying, but now they're the perfect fit! Hopefully soon I'll reach my goal of them falling off! ^.^
  • d00dlefairy
    d00dlefairy Posts: 15 Member
    Falling off is great but it's also expensive! It IS a great feeling though. Yay baggy jeans! Time for new ones! B)
  • Val8less
    Val8less Posts: 107 Member
    I love hearing this...It's my inspiration...soon...I'll be in the same boat...Can't wait!...:)
  • ARC1603
    ARC1603 Posts: 113 Member
    Jeans were always the one thing my mum told me never to put in the tumble dryer other wise they'd shrink. Not like I have a tumble dryer now anyway!

I love stretchy jeans! Otherwise I wouldn't be able to get any to fit my bum and waist at the same time.
  • gonettie2015
    gonettie2015 Posts: 52 Member
    ARC1603 wrote: »
    I love stretchy jeans! Otherwise I wouldn't be able to get any to fit my bum and waist at the same time.

same here, love jeans with some stretch!
    jeans that i had to air dry this spring, are now going through a heat cycle in the dryer and come out still too big - thank goodness for belts! I've bought a pair 2 sizes smaller but I'm waiting on buying any more until I get down to goal to see if another size smaller will be necessary - I think it will be.
    It's an excellent feeling!