Pounds: Try It Sometime! (A Tip On Motivation)

pakanoir
pakanoir Posts: 14 Member
edited October 2015 in Health and Weight Loss
I am one to get easily demotivated when my weight loss progress is slow. I feel dissatisfied and begin to have thoughts like, "Why keep trying if it'll take forever to get there?" This is where I usually throw in the towel.

A few days ago, I decided to try using pounds. I have never been happier - yeah, I know that means more numbers, but it also means more numbers to lose and a deception of quicker progress. You still win because you get to your goal anyway, maybe even quicker than you would have if you were counting in KGs because your motivation will be at a high and even more improtantly, you will feel less stressed and pressured to quicken your progress and so, you will drop the weight at a more comfortable pace.

So to all my metric system using brothers and sisters, ;) try it sometime!

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Sometimes I convert how much I've lost into pounds because it makes me feel awesome. No way do I touch my current weight or how much I have to lose into pounds, though. Scary.
  • Mycophilia
    Mycophilia Posts: 1,225 Member
    I refuse to use this heathen imperial system. Metric for life.
  • :)

I've never used kgs. Ever. Born in pounds and will die in pounds.
  • pakanoir
    Mycophilia wrote: »
    I refuse to use this heathen imperial system. Metric for life.

I know, I know... I am not proud.
  • pakanoir
    :)

I am a convert when it comes to my weight loss progress. Otherwise, I deny it! Deny forever.
  • pakanoir wrote: »
    :)

I am a convert when it comes to my weight loss progress. Otherwise, I deny it! Deny forever.

:smiley:

...cups
    ...tablespoons
    ...pounds
    ...quarts, pints
    ...feet, inches, yards,
    ...miles

hahaha, when all your cookbooks are older than 50 years ... you work in imperial.