**SPOILER ALERT** BLoser

Replies

• Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    I cant WAIT to see Danial (orange team) at the end of the season. I think this team motivates all of us. From the biggest to the smallest biggest.
    I've enjoyed my first day here, and I'm looking forward to many many more.
    I LOVE THIS SITE !!!!!!!!!!!!
    :flowerforyou: great to have you here:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • hmo4
    hmo4 Posts: 1,673 Member
    I loved the song at the end. Wonder the name to download it. It's going to be a good one. Very motivating. I'll tell ya, if ol Gerry stayed and I had to leave, I'd complain HUGELY that there could have been a difference in the scales between the show and hospital. :huh: Anyway, I'm going to work to kick that Laura's butt cause she deserved a spanking for being such a baby! Not sure who I like the best, show's too new yet. Danial's skin is gonna sag like a Sharpai at the finale!:laugh: :noway:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    I loved the song at the end. Wonder the name to download it. It's going to be a good one. Very motivating. I'll tell ya, if ol Gerry stayed and I had to leave, I'd complain HUGELY that there could have been a difference in the scales between the show and hospital. :huh: Anyway, I'm going to work to kick that Laura's butt cause she deserved a spanking for being such a baby! Not sure who I like the best, show's too new yet. Danial's skin is gonna sag like a Sharpai at the finale!:laugh: :noway:

That was my thought EXACTLY! They all shouda been weighed on the same scale. The other thing that bugged me was the one guy (the brown team) who has had gastric bypass. He lost the second highest amount of pounds behind Daniel. Ok, granted, he was able to still gain all that weight after GB surgery, but it seems like that would be an advantage in his eating - the stomach is still constricted!.

Love bubbly Tara!
  • Fitness_Chick
    wow!!

Ok, I had to laugh when Bob said 'it's not gonna help if you watch the show eating icecream'....lol pretty good line, and absolutely true!:laugh:

Good news is that he didn't say anything about pizza! :devil:
    :laugh:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    ....for viewers to see larger folks losing will give them so much more hope then I'm sure they have now!!

I'm a realist. The show is great and I don't want to kill anyone's enthusiasm for the show ... but if I was able to go a month or so without my job and be able to focus only on weight loss I'm 99.99% sure I could lose weight

The killer (not making excuses) is time. People have to work for living and in this economy they have to work either two jobs or extra hours. I don't even have a family but I struggle to work my job. Work extra hours running clubs and intramurals. So I'm putting in 10 or so hour days. I'm trying to fit in a boyfriend. Taking grad classes (cause for whatever stupid reason teachers basically have to have their masters done within 6 years of teaching - I agree with more education but why so soon after getting educated do I need more education) Plus, I'm desperately trying to find a job in a different area and have to go through the hoops that teachers have to go through to find employment. At the end of my work day - I am exhausted. Not physically but mentally and that does affect the physical. I have no desire to workout.

In the end, I workout I feel good. But afterwards I might have an hour or so left in my day then I go to bed and have to start all over with the same stress and time constraints.

So back on my point - biggest loser good show and inspiring to see how great people look after losing the weight - but in the real world its hard and my hat goes off to anyone of you that is surviving and making it work! :happy:

I know what you mean about the big weight losses. I am only going for 1-2 pounds a week and happy with that. I think when the big change came for me was when I started to veiw my exercise as something I needed to do for me. I wrote down HOW I felt AFTER I was done and posted it on my mirror.
    Happy
    Sweaty
    Energetic
    Sweaty
    Purposeful
    Encouraged
    Sweaty
    PROUDLY Sweaty

I figure that 30 minutes is going to pass either way. I am either sitting watching a TV show, or walking/dancing/elip'ing....I wont feel proud of watching TV but I WILL feel proud of lifting weights!!

Good luck, I know it is really hard!!:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    wow!!

Ok, I had to laugh when Bob said 'it's not gonna help if you watch the show eating icecream'....lol pretty good line, and absolutely true!:laugh:

Good news is that he didn't say anything about pizza! :devil:

Ok....so I grabbed an apple when he said this!!!

then fell asleep 15 min before the show ended!!!:sad:
  • Fitness_Chick
    ....for viewers to see larger folks losing will give them so much more hope then I'm sure they have now!!

I'm a realist. The show is great and I don't want to kill anyone's enthusiasm for the show ... but if I was able to go a month or so without my job and be able to focus only on weight loss I'm 99.99% sure I could lose weight

The killer (not making excuses) is time. People have to work for living and in this economy they have to work either two jobs or extra hours. I don't even have a family but I struggle to work my job. Work extra hours running clubs and intramurals. So I'm putting in 10 or so hour days. I'm trying to fit in a boyfriend. Taking grad classes (cause for whatever stupid reason teachers basically have to have their masters done within 6 years of teaching - I agree with more education but why so soon after getting educated do I need more education) Plus, I'm desperately trying to find a job in a different area and have to go through the hoops that teachers have to go through to find employment. At the end of my work day - I am exhausted. Not physically but mentally and that does affect the physical. I have no desire to workout.

In the end, I workout I feel good. But afterwards I might have an hour or so left in my day then I go to bed and have to start all over with the same stress and time constraints.

So back on my point - biggest loser good show and inspiring to see how great people look after losing the weight - but in the real world its hard and my hat goes off to anyone of you that is surviving and making it work! :happy:

I know what you mean about the big weight losses. I am only going for 1-2 pounds a week and happy with that. I think when the big change came for me was when I started to veiw my exercise as something I needed to do for me. I wrote down HOW I felt AFTER I was done and posted it on my mirror.
    Happy
    Sweaty
    Energetic
    Sweaty
    Purposeful
    Encouraged
    Sweaty
    PROUDLY Sweaty

I figure that 30 minutes is going to pass either way. I am either sitting watching a TV show, or walking/dancing/elip'ing....I wont feel proud of watching TV but I WILL feel proud of lifting weights!!

very very cool idea:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I like this idea!! Sometimes it's tough when you don't wanna go workout because of well could be a bunch of different reasons...

but once I get in my car, begin to drive, listen to fast paced music, arrive, park clear across the parking lots, begin my way to the door, scan my keycard in, and POOF...it all falls into place just perfectly...I have NEVER regretted going and feel so good when I get their and while working out and after? WOW, what a sense of accomplishment!!! I see how far I've come when I realize over a year and some ago I had never in my wildest dreams imagined joining a gym..:love:

....I love excercise, I love to sweat it proves to me my body is working hard.... I know some don't like to get all sweaty but I feel it's like a badge of ...well, I don't know what but it makes you realize how far you've come from sitting eatin chips on the couch or whatever, not much sweat going on there!:noway: :laugh:
  • arewethereyet

Happy
    Sweaty
    Energetic
    Sweaty
    Purposeful
    Encouraged
    Sweaty
    PROUDLY Sweaty

very very cool idea:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: I like this idea!! Sometimes it's tough when you don't wanna go workout because of well could be a bunch of different reasons...

but once I get in my car, begin to drive, listen to fast paced music, arrive, park clear across the parking lots, begin my way to the door, scan my keycard in, and POOF...it all falls into place just perfectly...I have NEVER regretted going and feel so good when I get their and while working out and after? WOW, what a sense of accomplishment!!! I see how far I've come when I realize over a year and some ago I had never in my wildest dreams imagined joining a gym..:love:

....I love excercise, I love to sweat it proves to me my body is working hard.... I know some don't like to get all sweaty but I feel it's like a badge of ...well, I don't know what but it makes you realize how far you've come from sitting eatin chips on the couch or whatever, not much sweat going on there!:noway: :laugh:

Right? I watch ppl run past me at the park and they nod and say "Good Job!" In the beginning I was a slog...40 min for 1 mile. Now I do 3.5 in 40 min. WOW is that ME!!???:bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick

Happy
    Sweaty
    Energetic
    Sweaty
    Purposeful
    Encouraged
    Sweaty
    PROUDLY Sweaty

Right? I watch ppl run past me at the park and they nod and say "Good Job!" In the beginning I was a slog...40 min for 1 mile. Now I do 3.5 in 40 min. WOW is that ME!!???:bigsmile:
    very impressive... feels soooo good to see how far we've come!:drinker:
  • isadoraworkman
    isadoraworkman Posts: 205 Member
    I love the show too...but I really wish they wouldn't make people vomit on the show...it is disturbing...:sick:
  • I love the show too...but I really wish they wouldn't make people vomit on the show...it is disturbing...:sick:

Their body is in shock from all the exercise. That's pretty normal.

I really liked last night show.
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    I wanted to cry!!! This show is going to be more emotional than pasts seasons!

i so agree. i sat and cried. i think cause they didn't realize how much they weighed. here i am having started at close to 300#s. (286) i could feel their pain and their doubts on if it could be done. and it can be done :happy:
  • Two steps ahead of me FC!!! :drinker: :drinker:
    :laugh: I just didn't want anyone continuing on that thread when some of us are already enjoying and discussing the show:drinker:

Ok, folks fill me in, I left the room for ONE moment...and that's why the 62 year old went down.....is he and his wife off the show?

Is he ok? Still on the show? Thanks for the update on that part:drinker:
  • Yes, Jerry is still on the show. He fainted before the trainers arrived in the gym. There was a medical staff who was right there to help him.... I was pretty impressed. Since one on each team had to be sent home from falling below the yellow line, he and his wife decided that he would stay and she would go home. There is only one full team still on the show at this point. The ones who went home can return as long as the member on the ranch can continue for 30 days without getting voted off. Quite a twist with the new season. I love this show and find it inspiring! There's always something different! I was so impressed that he lost 25 lbs during the first week of being there on the ranch.... even through all this.

I also cried when I saw Jerry collapse. Shouldn't people over 60 yrs have different requirements for fitness challenges based on their weight and skills? I have been so concerned about the senior citizens having heart attacks! It was definitely an eye-opener for all to witness... perhaps that's the point!
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Wow this stinks but sorry the whiner on the green team needs to go - too much drama -

i was thinking that too.. and her team mate is really positiv and stronf and i think she will do well if she doesnt start playing the game like vicky from the last season .. i say that coz she seems very strong minded...
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Well I was very dissapointed in the season opener. I think this season more than any they are making the show into a let's make fun of fat people show. The past seasons I did not feel this way. It started when they first started their workout on their own and the trainers were making fun of the silver team woman - that was so uncalled for. Then some of the things the female trainer said really irked me but I don't like her anyway so I expected that, I think she is not motivating but rather abusive to her team. Then when they announced that one of each couple had to go home at the end of the show I knew it was all about a money making show to let America see all the fat people get worked over because they sent their emotional support home and did not even give them the chance to celebrate their fantastic weight losses. The emotional impact of that had to be devastating. If they really cared about the health of these people they would not send anyone home the first 2 weeks so they would have a chance to get used to working out and dieting before they had to go back to real life to at least give them a chance. Oh well that is just my opinion. Sorry to put a damper on anyone's fun but I have been large all my life and I don't feel using fat people for amusement is a good thing.
    Amy
  • Fitness_Chick
    I wanted to cry!!! This show is going to be more emotional than pasts seasons!

i so agree. i sat and cried. i think cause they didn't realize how much they weighed. here i am having started at close to 300#s. (286) i could feel their pain and their doubts on if it could be done. and it can be done :happy:
    :drinker: I hear ya on what you shared:heart:
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    Well I was very dissapointed in the season opener. I think this season more than any they are making the show into a let's make fun of fat people show. The past seasons I did not feel this way. It started when they first started their workout on their own and the trainers were making fun of the silver team woman - that was so uncalled for. Then some of the things the female trainer said really irked me but I don't like her anyway so I expected that, I think she is not motivating but rather abusive to her team. Then when they announced that one of each couple had to go home at the end of the show I knew it was all about a money making show to let America see all the fat people get worked over because they sent their emotional support home and did not even give them the chance to celebrate their fantastic weight losses. The emotional impact of that had to be devastating. If they really cared about the health of these people they would not send anyone home the first 2 weeks so they would have a chance to get used to working out and dieting before they had to go back to real life to at least give them a chance. Oh well that is just my opinion. Sorry to put a damper on anyone's fun but I have been large all my life and I don't feel using fat people for amusement is a good thing.
    Amy

I agree with you on a lot of that..
    It really upset me that they aren't even giving those people a chance and rather just sent them home. How UNFAIR to get them SO excited and then WHAM they have to go home and don't even get a chance at the ranch to get in to a routine, etc.
    It's all for the drama and the *great TV* stuff in my opinion (that gimmick that is)...normally I enjoy the show but this season really annoyed me with their *twist*.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    i though tey were laughing at the people in the gym too ,,, that really annoyed me, even my bf made a comment about that..

i agree that they should have waited until at least the 2nd week before dumping that twist unpon them, at least give them a chance to learn how to change your life and get used to it before sending them home !

maybe the season will get better later on
  • GinaB30
    GinaB30 Posts: 725 Member
    I hope so!