I'm going to lose over 100lbs!!!

Hi everyone my name is Erica! I live in the Tampa Bay Area. I have a 100lb weight loss goal. I'm sick of being tired, unhealthy and unhappy with myself. I have issues with giving in easily with food, eating on the run, and I'm a junk food junky! My biggest issue right now is my knee. I have a bad knee and it hurts just to walk right now. I have to get healthy.
I'm more than ready!!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Hi and welcome to MFP!!

read this

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10257474/starting-out-restarting-basics-inside/p1

Best wishes, you can do this!!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Hi Erica! :]

Glad to see you're ready. Stay positive and you'll go very, very far.

Good luck!
  • ApolakiKali
    ApolakiKali Posts: 35 Member
    Hey Erica,

I feel your pain regarding the knee injury. I have been plagued with issues to my lower extremities all my life, even before I put on weight and it's definitely not any better now that I'm heavier. With that said, you can totally do it even with the knee issues. I've already lost 63 lbs with 142 lbs to go so if I can slowly make progress, so can you. Feel free to add me and ask me any questions you like. I'm always down to share.

Have an awesome Friday.
  • Wii_Player
    Wii_Player Posts: 240 Member
    Hello and welcome. I have a bad knee and I bought a knee support, which helps a lot. I bought mine at Walmart.
  • skillygirl
    skillygirl Posts: 2 Member
    I too have over 100 lbs to lose.:( I also have a bad knee and just walking hurts.. I said when I started this journey that I can't hurt anymore then I already am. I say today is the most pain you will feel. So keep on walking..
  • PrincessMegan13
    PrincessMegan13 Posts: 43 Member
    Welcome to MFP! I have knocked out 15# of my 100# weight loss goal! You are making such an amazing choice for your health that you won't regret. The best thing is that you are ready which means you are committed! If you would like to have some extra support, I'd love to help! :) Have a super Friday!
  • annavren
    annavren Posts: 1 Member
    Good luck!
  • baconsgirl
    baconsgirl Posts: 11 Member
    Hi all, I'm looking to lose close to 180 pounds and have lost 68 so far. I don't have a knee injury, but I'm also struggling with making progression with my overall fitness. Feel free to add me and we can lose together. :smile:
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Hi everyone my name is Erica! I live in the Tampa Bay Area. I have a 100lb weight loss goal. I'm sick of being tired, unhealthy and unhappy with myself. I have issues with giving in easily with food, eating on the run, and I'm a junk food junky! My biggest issue right now is my knee. I have a bad knee and it hurts just to walk right now. I have to get healthy.
    I'm more than ready!!

@ericaintheburg welcome to MFP.

Last year I hit rock bottom healthwise. After getting off of most all processed foods a year ago I have lost some weight, most of my pain and have better health than 20 years ago.

It has been a steep learning curve in my case but every month I learn how to improve my way of eating getting better and better results. I read a lot but seem to learn best by my own screw ups. :)

In my case my body had to recover some before the scales started going down. I did not lose one pound for the first six weeks but lost an inch at the waist and a lot of my fat face. Work for better health and the weight loss will be a nice side effect I found in my case. Pain manage is still my main goal. I have learned obesity is NOT a disease but a side effect of other health issues in my case.

Best of success.
  • Ashtoretet
    Ashtoretet Posts: 378 Member
    The beginnings of knee pain were a big motivation for me to lose weight. I'm down 50 pounds, looking to lose another 40. Add me if you'd like!
  • ericaintheburg
    ericaintheburg Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you all for the kind words, advice and support! I will do this!!! :)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    If you have a pool you can walk in it'll take some of the pressure off your knee. Plus there is water aerobics I took it with the seniors and it was great helped with my flexibility and got me moving I have been doing that for 15 years. You will do great this site is wonderful!!!
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    You can do it!
    I have lost 108 pounds.
    Sometimes it will be frustrating but just remember little by little a little becomes a lot!
  • wzemlicka
    wzemlicka Posts: 4 Member
    I too have knee issues. I started out really slow on a 5k training program and now really look forward to my workout everyday. I have lost 10lbs of my 70lb weight loss goal. Good luck and enjoy the journey!
  • KellyKat09
    KellyKat09 Posts: 33 Member
    You can add me, KellyKat09. We have similar goals.
  • Redbeard333
    Redbeard333 Posts: 381 Member
    My knees and feet were really hurting before I started this journey to "Onederland"; I'd get up from sitting and they would just ache until I used them a little. Also, I had chronic problems with my Achille's tendon where it would be very tender in the morning. I'm now ~76 pounds into losing 100 (started mid-January), and my feet and knees feel great! You'll get there!!!
  • unfitdad
    unfitdad Posts: 1 Member
    Hi Erica! :]

Glad to see you're ready. Stay positive and you'll go very, very far.

Good luck!

• Winterlover123
    Winterlover123 Posts: 352 Member
    Welcome Erica! You freaking got this! Feel free to add me, I'd love to be with you on your journey!
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Hi, there ! I've lost 40+ lbs ...... my coworkers have lost twice that ...... by making better food choices & moving more & more each day. You can do it as well !