Fall '15 babies

Replies

• nwright612
    nwright612 Posts: 974 Member
    Oh, goodness Suzanne! Hope everything is okay for you. i went into the Dr. yesterday, and my blood pressure was really high again - they ran some labs and said if they came back abnormal, they might look at getting labor going soon ("even as early as today") - all the tests and stuff came back normal though, but I was told to watch out for headaches, which I've been fighting all day (but when I went in just to check, everything was normal too :P)

It's tough; I want everything to be normal and okay with her, but at the same time I almost want something (just enough to warrant getting stuff started) to happen so I can go ahead and meet her.

Hope everyone else is doing okay!
  • It was scary for sure. I posted an update to my wall. Basically I spent some time in the ER due to sudden vision changes, headaches, numbness, etc., but my blood pressure was fine so they weren't too concerned with pre eclampsia (what my symptoms looked like) when that happened. Sounds like that's what they're worried about with you, nwright?

Pre eclampsia is scary stuff, definitely don't want that to be whatever it is that makes you go early if anything does! (Although while I was sitting in ER last night it did occur to me that a "quick" trip to labour and delivery wouldn't be half so bad... haha) Soon enough if we don't go into labour on our own we will start hearing other options, I'm sure. (I can't remember if you were already scheduled for a section? Seems like most everyone here is.)

I've heard that the difference in pain from a labour with pitocin to a labour without is world's apart... I'm hoping to go into labour on my own this time without the waters breaking first (since I'm gbs positive again) so I can at least experience this "not as bad" form of labour.... lol
  • nwright612
    The doc mentioned preeclampsia, but blood pressure is the only symptom of that I'm showing, so I think they've pretty much ruled it out. On the other hand, high blood pressure is not good, regardless of what condition is causing it, so they're keeping an eye on it. I think if that starts fairly stable, they'll let me just wait it out till my due date, but if my blood pressure keeps getting higher, they'll likely induce labor.

Take it easy, there, and rest up for your little one's arrival! Hope it goes smoothly, with no more complications.
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Wow, I'm glad to hear that after the scares you ladies are doing alright! Hang in there, not much longer!

@ NWright612 I'm glad the high blood pressure readings are the only symptom so far! Hope it stays that way!

@JustAnotherGirlSuzanne wow! How frightening! Glad all is well with the baby! I've had a few migraine headaches in my life, they are certainly debilitating and no joke! Thankful little one is continuing

@sarieth05 sounds like a nice healthy baby! I wouldn't worry about size at this point... they can be so inaccurate at this stage in the game!
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    So scary! Sorry to hear so many things are going on. Good luck with everything ladies!!
    Been out of the loop lately. I've been training my replacement at work and getting ready at home. Just trying to get as much in order as possible. C section scheduled for Friday. Three more days of being pregnant left. Last doctors appointment this morning.
  • poke987
    @rosieraz that's so exciting! Enjoy these last few days!

• @RosieRaz keep us updated when baby is born! So exciting that baby is pretty well here!!

@nwright612 that's good they ruled out preeclampsia. Hopefully everything will stay in the all clear until baby is here! :)

I'm string to think that baby is finally starting to get eviction messages! My hair and skin are going back to prepregnancy greasiness and my body is regulating my blood sugars better even though I'm only getting more pregnant and should be having a trickier time with that. I was aiming for a November baby, but I have to admit that I'm thrilled now at the idea of just not being pregnant anymore! Lol I still have to pack my hospital bag... only a little over a week to go for me! :)
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Good luck girls, soon all the fall babies will be here! Xxx
  • RosieRaz
    RosieRaz Posts: 282 Member
    Stephen arrived this morning. 8am 7lb, 9oz and 19" long. Extra pain meds since they kind of botched the epidural. It's all good now though. Take care ladies. I'll write more in a few days once out of the hospital.
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Huge congrats Rosie. Hope u both doing ok xx
  • Congratulations Rosie! Enjoy that little one! :) this is too bad about the epidural. Hopefully everything is going well now!
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Congrats Rosie! Look forward to your update (and more birth announcements soon!).

Not much to report here. My weight was preposterous at my last visit, but I keep forgetting to weigh myself at home so I don't know exactly how much I've gained according to my own records. Last I weighed myself was week 35 and I'll be 38 on Tuesday. Baby was measuring at 38 weeks last week. I'm still hoping for an October baby, but we shall see! I don't think I've even had any Braxton-Hicks or anything this whole time, or if I have, I haven't noticed them. Hubby is out of town for military drill, so if baby can wait at least till Monday that'd be great, but he has permission to come out at his leisure starting next week. ;)
  • poke987

Congratulations @rosieraz
  • @sarieth05 Braxton Hicks are difficult to notice, especially during first pregnancies. I never noticed I was having them until my mom touched my stomach and was like, "you're having a contraction!" You're likely having a couple here or there already. :)

Yesterday I thought we were going to be headed to the hospital because my contractions were starting to get painful. (I actually had to lie down, thy hurt so much!) But I went to sleep and slept soundly right through. Today I met with my OB and she did a stretch and sweep. She's saying I'm 3, almost 4, cm and baby's head is in position on the cervix. So i guess those contractions yesterday were productive after all! In her words, she says she expects me to "be a rocket" once things get going! I was so happy to hear that! I have an induction date set for this Thursday! Hoping to go on my own still! :)
  • poke987
    @JustAnotherGirlSuzanne that's so exciting! Baby will be here so soon!!

Had my 6 week follow up today but there was an emergency and I didn't get to see the Dr. So, the nurse and i conferred and I cleared myself for normal activity! I'll go back in 2 weeks for a check up and birth control.

Little one is continuing to do well. Growing so quickly! I can't believe how big he is already!

I'm back to logging and I'll increase my activity now that I'm "cleared!" Got a lot more than I had hoped that needs to come off. But I know I can do it, just need to stick to the program!
  • nwright612
    Well I did end up getting induced last week. (I still didn't technically have preeclampsia, but i was starting to get protein in my urine, and my blood pressure was still running high, so they decided it'd be better to go ahead and get her out while everything was still normal :) ) fortunately, everything went smoothly at the hospital, except the nurse's made me lie on my side for just about two days straight to keep my blood pressure from running high. :P but Shiloh got here safely and all healthy (but small : 5 pounds, 10 ounces, and 18 inches long), early last Thursday morning. :)
  • poke987
    @NWRIGHT612 congratulations! Enjoy the little peanut!!
  • Congratulations @nwright612!! So glad to hear that things were dealt with before real problems arose! :)

We has news too! We thought my water broke at 4am on wednesday, but we couldn't tell for sure since there was only a small bit and walking up and down the stairs, lunges, and squats produced nothing more to confirm. The same thing happened again at 11 pm and again at 1pm. Labour wasn't going anywhere anytime fast so we called the hospital and went in to be assessed. Half the tests said yes my water had broken and the other half said no and so the doctors decided to induce since contractions were pretty lame over 15 hours later and I was due to be induced the following morning anyway. I was put on pitocin at 8:15, got an epidural around 10;30/11, pushed for 13 minutes and had baby at 1:53am on the 22nd. Labour was so much faster than it had been my first time, but it was more difficult since the epidural only worked on half of me... which meant I didn't get too much sleep, but worse things have happened and the edge was taken off at least, so I'm very grateful for that! As an added bonus, now I am done with gestational diabetes and I can eat whatever I want (within reason); and, surprisingly, I'm finding that I'm eating much of the same things as I would on the diet.

Looking forward to hearing more stories soon! :)

• ^sorry for the awkward grammar. Clearly I need to sleep and proof read spell check a little better....
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    That's great news, @nwright612 and @JustAnotherGirlSuzanne ! Glad you two have your little ones now. :smile: *taps belly impatiently*