What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• S_Evanson613
    S_Evanson613 Posts: 62 Member
    kuwick1230 wrote: »
    That moment when you pull out your drivers license and realize that for the first time in years you actually weigh less than what's printed on the card!!

They put your weight on your licence really that bloody invasive

They don't put your weight on your licence? Where are you from? I'm Canadian, and that's standard. No sarcasm intended, just curious?

Im from Pennsylvania and we don't have our weight on ours. My pic is bad enough to show I'm still fat , but so much worse 6 years ago. I wasnt in the sun a lot (bday is in July ) and I wasn't eating well so I looked like a snowman lol

Nope, Michigan doesnt put the weight on there either (thank goodness)! They ask for it when renewing or getting it for the first time, but it's not printed on the card!
  • kristinels
    kristinels Posts: 315 Member
    This thread is great!

For me, it's that grocery shopping takes so long, because I'm reading every ingredient list. Also, there are some things in the store I just don't know where they are, because I mainly shop the perimeter. Someone asked me if I knew where X was, and I had no idea. They thought I was weird!

Well they didn't know where it was either since they were asking you! :P Who's weird now?? Lol!
  • prettyleelee
    prettyleelee Posts: 236 Member
    That moment when you pull out your drivers license and realize that for the first time in years you actually weigh less than what's printed on the card!!

They don't put your weight on your licence? Where are you from? I'm Canadian, and that's standard. No sarcasm intended, just curious?

Im from Pennsylvania and we don't have our weight on ours. My pic is bad enough to show I'm still fat , but so much worse 6 years ago. I wasnt in the sun a lot (bday is in July ) and I wasn't eating well so I looked like a snowman lol

Nope, Michigan doesnt put the weight on there either (thank goodness)! They ask for it when renewing or getting it for the first time, but it's not printed on the card!

Thank heavens they don't I would be screwed lol.
  • LaceyBirds
    LaceyBirds Posts: 451 Member
    I have a fridge magnet that says "My goal is to weigh what my driver's license says." My license weight was 10 pounds under my real weight for five years, now it's 45 pounds over my real weight. It expires this month. I have another 40 pounds to go - what weight should I say?!? Decisions, decisions (and first-world problems). :)
  • pootle1972
    pootle1972 Posts: 579 Member
    Uk.....no weight on either.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member

Thank heavens they don't I would be screwed lol.

Missouri does. Last time I had mine renewed, I handed the guy my old one and he just looked back and forth between me and the license and then asked me how much I weighed for the new one. I was way under the old one that had been under what I really weighed. It was a good day :) I also has Lasik surgery and didn't need glasses anymore, it was like I was a different person.
  • rhianna818
    rhianna818 Posts: 85 Member

TX here. And no weight listed. But I did live in Louisiana and they put it on there.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    They don't do it in Australia either. No height, no weight.
  • kuwick1230
    kuwick1230 Posts: 19 Member

Yep, crazy isn't it?!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    I just had to renew my license in Maine and the lady said is everything the same on here, and I was quick to tell her my new current weight which was quite less than the fake weight that was on my old one. Yea. Also, you can keep your old one and my face is much slimmer.
    My weight loss has stopped the last month or so, but I know I haven't been eating as well as I should be. I need to get back on eating better and try to get 15-20 lbs off and keep them off. So glad to get inspired by everyone's posts. Even the little things can help someone else in their journey.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    rhianna818 wrote: »

TX here. And no weight listed. But I did live in Louisiana and they put it on there.

Washington State has your weight on your Driver's License. I was SO glad when I moved to TX and didn't have to lie anymore.
    When I got my license in Washington, I was 180 pounds but I told them I was 164 because that was my goal weight, though I was in NO way working towards it. Moved to Texas and there was no weight on that stupid card and I was SO grateful because I was 246 pounds 6 months after I moved. Now I'm 175 and would happily put that on a License or I.D. card! Only 20 pounds until goal. :)
  • eweadock
    eweadock Posts: 31 Member
    I spent the last 3 or 4 days reading through this thread and I have to say it is quite inspiring. I've been at this since 2003 and in that time I've lost 100lbs (2004), gained it back, lost it again (2011) and have let 40lbs creep back this time. In that time, I've experienced most of what has been mentioned in this thread. For some reason, this time is different and I'm finding it hard to find the motivation to stick with it (even though I KNOW it works), so reading all of this really helped my head to get on the right track. Thank you all!

What a journey you have been on. The big difference for me this time is that I am not dieting. Someone asked how I "lost all that weight," and I replied that I had discovered what was making me fat, and eliminated it from my diet. I saw a couple of posts about maintenance here, too.

Seems as if the older I get, the easier it is to gain. So, therefore: no rest for the weary! I continue to weigh, and if my weight changes, it's right back to tracking every single bite.

I had remarked to the inquiring person that I limit my bread servings to about one per week. She asked how long I was going to do this, which made me laugh. I said, "why, for the rest of my life!!"

If you can find what works for you (and you have, obviously) then you can make it work for you for the rest of your life.

I treat the things that I shouldn't eat as if they are tobacco. "Sugar is my new tobacco," or "I'd rather be fabulous than eat potatoes," these are some of my mottos to keep me inspired.

Best of luck to you. Make your own future.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    edited October 2015
    Candylou11 wrote: »
    Having to deal with too large of rings. I lost my engagement ring that goes with my wedding band but luckily I found it. have these ugly silicone covers on the back so they don't fall off. Don't want to size them till I am where I want to be.

I had this issue. I didn't want to wear wear those covers so I got a correctly sized, stackable, anniversary band that I wear in front of my engagement and wedding rings. That way I can resize them when I am ready and feel good about it.
  • samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 443 Member

Im English and I dont have my weight on mine either. Date of birth, picture, address, but not weight.

• G33K_G1RL
    G33K_G1RL Posts: 283 Member

I'm also Canadian and no weight on my licence, only height. It's provincial so I guess different provinces, different standards :)
  • CherieQ72
    CherieQ72 Posts: 14 Member

I'm Canadian (Ontario) and my weight isn't on my license either
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!