MFP runners club 01/07/09

No runners today?

Ran an easy paced 3 miles. Plan to try My Fitness Coach today.

Replies

• gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    No runners today?

Ran an easy paced 3 miles. Plan to try My Fitness Coach today.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    No running today :ohwell: we did circuit training/muscle failure (arms & abs)
  • emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    I did 5 miles last night. Tell us more about my fitness coach. I was going to go for a ride this morning but it was raining. Looks like I will hit the treadmill this evening.
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    No run today. Ran y'day. :bigsmile:

ChaLean Extreme Burn Circuit #2 done plus an extra 30 pushups. My goal is 30 pushups a day (and that is on top of my normal workouts). Need to get back into the routine again!!
  • jazpiri
    jazpiri Posts: 114 Member
    Just finished 7.3 miles in heavy rain and high winds. I tell ya, wind resistance makes for a tough run!

Oh, if anyone is interested in a good website for planning runs and tracking miles I love www.mapmyrun.com It's GREAT!
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    No run today either eliptical trainer for 55 min and some upper body. Since being sick getting up early to run these last few days is rough still waking up drenched in sweat and the chills but hoping to go for a run tomorrow or this afternoon we will see.........
    Watching Oprah on the eliptical was actually a nice change today:happy:

Alisha:smile:
  • I just got done about 2.5 miles and I plan to do more later!!
  • gmpearse
    gmpearse Posts: 136
    I did 5 miles last night. Tell us more about my fitness coach. I was going to go for a ride this morning but it was raining. Looks like I will hit the treadmill this evening.

My fitness coach is done on the wii system. You set up a profile and take a fitness test and it recommends a training program. There is a fitness coach, Maya, that leads you through the moves and will motivate you to keep going. My training program was to focus on upper body strength. You can choose to do any of the workouts if you don't want to do the recommended one. I chose to do yoga today for 15 minutes.
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Hi guys! I had a great workout today. I ran 5 miles at a very difficult pace and then did a series of strength training stuff, too. Woo Hoo!

I'm heading out to get Greek take out for some friends who just had a baby... maybe just ONE small pita! :-)
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    No running today. We had bootcamp today. I thought we were going to run this morning but it was rainy and icy. I guess it would be bad if someone broke a leg. :tongue:
  • jadaigle
    jadaigle Posts: 161 Member
    No running today: I'm doing a Coach Troy video on the bike trainer.
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    No running for me today or yesterday and probably not for 4 more days.:cry: I am getting great workouts though. DH ordered a dumpster to remove dirt in our yard (now mud with all the rain.) So I've been shoveling dirt into a wheelbarrow and loading it int the dumpster. Ditch digging is quite the calorie burner. :laugh:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    When it seems no one else is running I finally do for once! haha

I went 3km this time. Felt good... I really am starting to like this "running". It is 5C, nice and warm. Was running on ice but running was easier than walking on it. I felt great!