Starting 27 september .. wanna join?

Options
ginrima
ginrima Posts: 2 Member
Hello
I'm a new member, and wanted to do Jillian's Body revolution, but just remembered this quote: "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
so do you want to join us?
if yes, write your weight, height, and measurements -if you like of course-

let's start with me:
-height :5'5 ft
-weight :200 lbs

I didn't measure today, so I think tomorrow would be fine XD

I don't think we could start before the given date, especially since I will be traveling in less than week, and now I'm busy with all the preparation ;-;

Replies

• CatherineB4
    CatherineB4 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would love a challenge! I bought the set about two years ago and always stopped at 3 weeks!! I think I am afraid of her!! Haha!!
  • deanspinner
    deanspinner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. Count me in!
  • ginrima
    ginrima Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    so I've just finished my second time in 'cardio #1', which mean I completed the first week of BR -looking forward to my rest day XD-

I couldn't help myself so I took my weight today morning
    guess what?
    .8 POUND DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    in 5 days that IS something!
    notice that I'm keeping my cal intake around 1500

actually, I'm doing BR NOT to burn calories -or else I would rather do turbofire or insanity since they both are HIIT-
    but doing it because I like strength training

Jillian is such a good trainer!
    2~3 days a week HIIT, 3~4 days strength is the best workout routine you could do
    HIIT workout burns more calorie, but it is intense so you have to give yourself 48 hours rest between sessions
    strength training is the best way to build healthy muscles, strong bones and it boost energy too
    but you should take a 48 hours rest to train the muscle again, that is why it is either 3 full body session, or 4 split with two session then rest and repeat -in the 4 days, you should train upper lower format, or push pull format, Jillian uses push pull BTW-

I found her method IDEAL! since other workout dvds use either HIIT forever, forgetting that hiit mustn't be used more than 3 times a week, or the other format is the not-so-good-workouts

strength training build muscles, which make you burn more calories.. also if you lost weight by strength training you won't be a fat skinny -your weight is ideal, but way too much fat which makes you look like a fatso

oh BTW, you won't become BIG unless you eat more calories, consume more protein AND use some steroids
    even if you lift 100000000 lbs you won't become big
    SO GIVE IT YOUR ALL AND LIFT LIKE YOU MEAN IT!
    so if I know all of that, why am I fat?
    cuz I don't eat right XD

I eat way TOO MUCH of everything
    and you know well, knowledge is a thing, doing is another thing
    -or as japanese say: "sore wa sore, kore wa kore" I guess-

TO SUM IT UP!

1. I've finished the first week, and it was GREAT, Jillian teaches us the form of every exercise, AND tell you what is wrong and what is not
    2. you WON'T see ANY results -inches and lbs lost to be exact- without eating right, if you don't want to use her meal plan then make sure you eat a proper meals -with good protein,carbs, and fat balance- and eat in a defect (no more than -500 to -1000)
    3. be patient and PLEASE NOTICE the other good results you are getting OTHER THAN THAT DAMN SCALE! -inches lost, good mood, boost in energy, you were FINALLY able to perform 5 push ups!, you did 'suicide' for 45 sec instead of 20 sec you did first time ..etc.-
    4. keep a food journal AND exercise journal

and that is it, have a good day!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am planning on starting another round of BR next week. I am finishing up PIYO this week. I started my weight loss journey with BR and I need to get some momentum back in. I have done the program two times and it always gives me results. I will substitute cardio for running or Turbofire since I get bored with the same cardio for a month. I want to do another round before moving on to Body Shred.

Congrats on finishing your first week!
  • aracox
    aracox Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! I just started yesterday, so I'm in (and I'm sore--lol). I haven't measured yet, but here's my other stats:
    5'6" ft
    191 lbs
  • LRC1975
    LRC1975 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just started (again) on Oct 13.

My Stats:
    5'5
    191lbs
  • aracox
    Options
    Week one for me is done! Workout one was SOOO much easier today! Can't wait to see what progress I've made by the end of the week. I feel a little stronger already. It's hard waking up early to work out, but I always feel awesome when I do!
  • aracox
    Options
    weighed today and lost 2.5 pounds after 10 days of JMBR!! I had a bad weekend food-wise, but stuck to the exercise plan and still lost weight and an inch off my waist.
  • eliseinak
    eliseinak Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I started week 3 today and it was definitely harder, but a good hard. I'm 5'2 and was 172, but I've already lost a good chunk of bloated water weight since I started eating better two weeks ago. I'm feeling better and hopeful that I can get through the entire 90 days. Glad to find this group!
  • aracox
    Options
    I started week three yesterday and it IS harder!! But don't you feel stronger?!?
  • eliseinak
    Options
    I definitely am stronger than week one and could even do some of the pushups yesterday. Today, workout 4, was tough! I find myself looking forward to being done with the next two weeks, but then realize that workouts 5 and 6 will be even harder :) I do feel good though and proud of myself for getting this far.
  • eliseinak
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I just got through the second workout 3 and I'm definitely stronger, but also got a ways to go. I was shaky afterwards. I can't imagine what workouts 6-12 are like!!
  • sdb588
    sdb588 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hi!, I know that I am super late in the game to start with you guys. But if you know anyone that is wanting to start a new challenge please let me know and I will start a new group. I need all the accountability I can get :-)
  • aracox
    Options
    Hi guys! I just finished my final workout #3 tonight and although i am still really sweaty, it's gotten much easier! I can even do two military style pushups now. I'm tired of her cardio, so i went to the gym and ran for over 12 minutes nonstop before walking another 30. I am feeling better!! My weight loss totally stalled this week and didn't budge an ounce, but i have Halloween candy to thank for that. My clothes fit better, I am gaining more workout confidence, and I feel much stronger. LET'S KEEP GOING!!
  • eliseinak
    Options
    Woohooo! I'm glad you all are here. I just finished the first month and was so excited to be done with it, though the reality of the second month hasn't hit me yet :) Monday I'll see how it goes. I'm getting stronger too and can do five pushups now, but I have a feeling they're not the best form. I've lost weight on my upper torso and am looking forward to weight moving out of my lower half. It's such a slow process in the moment and I've been tempted to just eat, but I'm sticking with things and trusting in the long haul. Aracox, you probably got a far better cardio workout going to the gym like you did. I just happily stayed with the easy route! :) Maybe I'll try to get to the gym one of these days too.
  • eliseinak
    Options
    Jillian Workout 5 today and it wasn't too bad. I'm noticing that some of my clothes fit differently, but the scale isn't moving at this point. I'm certainly stronger than I was and like the idea of getting more fit.