need to loose 200 lbs! i need my life back!

I'm Amanda. Looking to loose 50 lbs for this time and more next! I'm trying to keep smaller goals. Ultimately I need to loose 150-200 lbs. After kids my body and health just wasn't important to me and now here I am 28- with a 7 & 8 year old, needing to loose weight. My life depends on it. I could use lots of friends and motivation to help me!

Replies

• Sent you a friend request. I am looking to lose about 165lbs.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,126 Member
    edited October 2015
    Such is life. We as mothers always put others' needs before ours. It wasn't until the beginning of this year, when I turned 41, that I realized 2 children are adults and one is just 3 years away from adulthood. I've always put them first and thank God that their father has never judged me on my weight. When we met at age 19, I weighed 115#. He's seen me at my highest weight of 210# and never loved me any less. I'm seeing a therapist now who is helping me establish my identity as a WOMAN...not just the label of MOM. I'm getting so close to my goal weight now and would love to be friends on here to, hopefully, give you encouragement. Sending a friend request :)

***ETA: I just tried to send a friend request, but it looks like the account was already disabled by the user. Sad to see that. If anyone else out there is in the same situation, feel free to send me a friend request.
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited October 2015
    You can do this. There are times in our lives where are bodies don't have the focus or attention that they should. But then we start to develop health issues or mobility issues and then we start to give it the focus that it deserves. I started out at 254 and now I'm down to 192 six months later. You can do it too. It does take hard work and dedication to stay on track. If you have patience you'll get there, but it won't happen overnight.
  • Ladybug_lover
    Ladybug_lover Posts: 31 Member
    No, I'm still here! Lol
  • Ladybug_lover
    Ladybug_lover Posts: 31 Member
    Thank you for the encouragement!!
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Hi Amanda!
    I also started with over 100 lbs to lose! I have lost 35 lbs and it feels great. I'm also in my late 20s and know what its like to want to do things that are hindered by your weight. I don't have any children, so that is definitely different, but losing weight is a lifetime journey! You need to be healthy for yourself and your little ones! Good luck, I know you can do it. Feel free to add me if you wish!
  • AmberRock22
    AmberRock22 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Lady bug lover, I just started too, I am also looking to lose 50-60 lbs and I'm starting with a cleanse through my local yoga studio. I just started I day and the cravings have been the worst part so far. I ate a smoothie for breakfast and my body is crying for a chipotle burrito bowl. I totally understand the need for support it makes a huge difference in staying on track when you have friends and family there to help. I've sent you a friend request and if you ever need recipes or anything I'd be more than happy to share!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited October 2015
    You don't have to start with a "cleanse". The best place to start is to log what you are currently eating, learn what calorie level you need to eat at, then gradually make changes to your consumption. Read the sticky posts at the top of each MFP forum to learn the best ways to do that. Lots of info in those threads. I can't relate to being a mom but I can relate to losing a ton of weight and making changes that I can sustain forever.

SW 301
    CW 188
    GW 150
  • beauty_beast92
    beauty_beast92 Posts: 8 Member
    Hi Amanda! I'm sending you a friend request!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Welcome, and I have four words for you:

YouCanDoThis1.png
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Hi Lady bug lover, I just started too, I am also looking to lose 50-60 lbs and I'm starting with a cleanse through my local yoga studio. I just started I day and the cravings have been the worst part so far. I ate a smoothie for breakfast and my body is crying for a chipotle burrito bowl. I totally understand the need for support it makes a huge difference in staying on track when you have friends and family there to help. I've sent you a friend request and if you ever need recipes or anything I'd be more than happy to share!

No cleanses are necessary. Only a calorie deficit. :)
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 368 Member
    Feel free to add me
  • Obsidyan
    Obsidyan Posts: 11 Member
    HI! I also have 200+ pounds to lose. Feel free to add me. The more encouragement the better!!! :)
  • lhefner555
    lhefner555 Posts: 12 Member
    I am new to MFP and I need to lose just over 100 lbs. I lost myself after having kids too! I have 3 boys and I need to take back control of my life. Sending a request!
  • kimberleypake
    kimberleypake Posts: 3 Member
    edited October 2015
    I can totally relate! After having 4 children in 8 years, I need to loose approx 7 stone!! Lost 2 1/2 at the start of the year but bad habits crept back and so did the weight. Have sent a friend request thingy.
    Need people to keep me focused and motivated.
  • PrincessMegan13
    PrincessMegan13 Posts: 43 Member
    I'm right there with you on this ladybug! I have a little over 80 pounds still to lose, so I understand that the struggle is real. I put my husband and my kiddo first, which I don't regret, but it's time to reclaim myself, too. I want to be alive long enough to grow old and grey with my hubs and see my son get grey! LOL! :) You can do this! And, I love the idea of starting with smaller goals first. They seem less overwhelming and more attainable. I'm happy to be a support to you, if you'd like! :)
  • dlcshow
    dlcshow Posts: 17 Member
    Me Too! Im going to add you!