Meal Ideas & General Discussion: Keto | Ketogenic | Ketosis

rogesk
rogesk Posts: 5 Member
Post your recipe ideas!

Replies

• rogesk
    Keto Coconut Cream of Broccoli Soup
    Nice light 200 cal snack that is warm on the tummy!

INGREDIENTS:
    • 1 Cup of Beef Broth
    • 1 TBSP Coconut Oil
    • 1 TBSP Heavy Cream
    • 2 oz Broccoli Florets
    • Sprinkle of Basil, salt & Pepper to taste

Heat all ingredients together in small saucepan until simmer and serve. I freeze my fresh broccoli florets (from Costco), so I simmer until they defrost :smile:

Here is the breakdown:
    hgn1qxafk7l8.png
    meqwj5uwjnrk.png

• rogesk
    edited October 2015
    Tuna Stuffed Avocados Prep time: Approx. 4 mins, makes 1 serving
    Cute lunch idea that is very satisfying and easy to make!
    bgrl1pqx9c48.png
    INGREDIENTS:
    • 1 Avocado - halved and gutted (approx. 1 cup)
    • 1/4 or less of raw red onion thinly diced
    • 1 TBSP mayo (full fat)
    • 1 TBSP lemon juice
    • 1 TBSP Frank's Red Hot (Optional)
    • 1 can of light/white flaked tuna (drained)
    • salt & pepper to taste
    DIRECTIONS:
    Keep avocado shell once gutted. Put all ingredients (excluding the avocado shell) into a mixing bowl and mash with fork or whisk, stir until blended. Stuff mixture back into the Avocado shells. Enjoy!
    x9zwudbe7g94.png
    z7mxkro4rwnh.png
  • Happylybre
    Happylybre Posts: 85 Member
    Awesome ideas... thanks guys... tomorrow is my 1st day with the Keto Diet...
  • rogesk
    Happylybre wrote: »
    Awesome ideas... thanks guys... tomorrow is my 1st day with the Keto Diet...

No problem!
    I'm currently on Day 3, Good luck!!
  • donnak_3
    donnak_3 Posts: 6 Member
    I've been successful with the Keto diet, but let myself slip back into bad habits. Getting back on the way of eating again. I never felt better when I was following the Keto diet. Looking for encouragement and accountability.
  • rogesk
    edited October 2015
    donnak_3 wrote: »
    I've been successful with the Keto diet, but let myself slip back into bad habits. Getting back on the way of eating again. I never felt better when I was following the Keto diet. Looking for encouragement and accountability.

Hi Donna!
    This is my first time trying keto. I'm currently on a 4 day streak with my spouse. I am also keeping my caloric intake lower than usual as I am not as active right now (busy/stressful schedule).

Keto has been great so far until last night - I had cravings for sweets for the first time this week. I boiled the kettle and put about 3tbsp cocoa powder and 1 tbsp of heavy cream (hot chocolate). It curbed my cravings!

I don't feel the greatest this morning though. My body must be in a withdrawal from lack of carbs and sugar!
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    edited October 2015
    rogesk wrote: »
    donnak_3 wrote: »
    I don't feel the greatest this morning though. My body must be in a withdrawal from lack of carbs and sugar!

Getting over the sugar addiction will be the biggest bump in the road, but after you push through you'll feel great! I used to have a mad sweet tooth but now I have very little cravings for sugar or even any grains for that matter. It's very empowering to have control over it.

And the tuna stuffed avocados look amazing! I'll be making those, thanks for sharing!

Feel free to add me if you need recipe ideas, I love to cook so I love to share ideas and I post a lot of them to my Instagram (username AmZam05_LCHF). If you're looking through my food diary though be aware that I am currently carb cycling and eating pre-workout carbs on my lifting days, but breakfast/lunch/dinner are usually all solid LCHF.
  • AmZam05
    AmZam05 Posts: 130 Member
    So that quote got messed up in my last post but you get the idea lol
  • smcveigh72
    smcveigh72 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, today is day 7 for me. I'm down 8lbs but feel like I'm running out of food ideas. Thanks for the recipes!
  • chantelp0508
    chantelp0508 Posts: 162 Member
    Following for great food.

Been on Keto for a week now.

Add me if you'd like
  • ettaterrell
    ettaterrell Posts: 887 Member
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

This is where most LCHF people chat

Scrambled eggs with south wester egg beaters, cheese and sliced bacon on bed of spinach, turkey cheese burger with fried egg on top, scrambled eggs and chorizo, taco salad

Good luck

zjnx89peab30.jpg
    7uuddqvmhfal.jpg

w5ims640x33g.jpg
    hq9mksery4z2.jpg