Maintenence NSVS :-)

LivingtheLeanDream
LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
edited October 2015 in Goal: Maintaining Weight
Hi folks,

Thought I'd share my latest NSVs since I started my recomp :-

I am on week 8. I cut back on cardio and started lifting consistently at end of Aug, plus yoga twice a week. (Used to do over 20k a day, mix of running and walking - now average 14k )

In the past week several people have mentioned that I'm losing weight - I'm not, but I am losing inches :)

My weight bounced up a few pounds when I started new workout programme but after first month swung back down to goal.

I love that already my biceps are looking mighty fine. ..my glutes are tight...heck everything is tight. Just the lower belly now but I know that in the coming months I'll see a reduction in that too.

I'm feeling fantastic :smiley:

My TDEE still averages 2200. :smile:

So to anyone not sure about lifting weights. ..just do it! :smile:

Replies

• LivingtheLeanDream
    Oh darn it! I spelt maintenance wrong! ! and you can't edit headings. ..bah humbug lol
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Congratulations! You're my recomp hero! :D
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    @PinkPixiexox thank you :smile: and you also are doing fantastically! :smiley:
    ps today I had to put a new notch in my belt, my size UK 10 jeans are massive on me and the only way to keep them up is with a belt!!
    Don't ya just love seeing visible results from our hard work :smile:
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    @PinkPixiexox thank you :smile: and you also are doing fantastically! :smiley:
    ps today I had to put a new notch in my belt, my size UK 10 jeans are massive on me and the only way to keep them up is with a belt!!
    Don't ya just love seeing visible results from our hard work :smile:

Absolutely!! :D Looks like you've got a perfect excuse to go shopping!!!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    @Pinkpixiexox I know!! much to my hubbys annoyance LOL
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Good for you! Congrats! And I fully agree. The best thing I did was drastically reduce cardio and increase my lifting. Completely changed my body shape.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Oh I am so exited for you. Congratulations on your progress.

I hope you will post at least before and after pics. Progress would be nice too.

Glad to hear your cals haven't had to drop with your cardio drop.

If I had your cals I would splurge it on cocktails and cheesecake.

Cheers, h.
  • tracoleman99
    tracoleman99 Posts: 51 Member
    Hi folks,

So to anyone not sure about lifting weights. ..just do it! :smile:

That's the truth!!!! Good job, keep it up!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    @middlehaitch oh I have had to drop my calories just a tad, my TDEE when I was purely cardio and averaging 21k steps a day/10 miles was 2400. I still aim for 14k minimum a day which has dropped my TDEE to 2200. To be safe I eat around 2000, but thats because on the weekends I can and do eat upwards of 2400! If I did hardly any cardio at all my TDEE would drop to 1600 approx. I've got used to eating more so I simply have to keep moving, which I love anyway or I would have to rethink my eating routine.#

Fitbit is a great tool for keeping me right on TDEE :smile:

I'm not sure I can share my progress pics, I took them in my underwear as they were just for me... but from now on I will be sure to take APPRORIATE ones so I could share them one day lol

cheers, Ruth
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    @jennitm thanks :smile:

@tracoleman99 I will :smile:

@BZAH10 thats great to hear :smile:
  • healthkickkath1
    healthkickkath1 Posts: 40 Member
    Well done , that's amazing progress within 8 weeks!
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Congratulations!!!!!! You are doing such a great job!!!! B)
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Hi @RunRutheeRun :smiley: I just came across your topic when I searched the on the word recomp. Great to hear how much your body is changing and the scale stays the same :wink:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    @kim55555 you and I both know not to pay too much heed to the scale but its a hard habit to break.
    If I could keep on losing my belly fat I would be a very happy bunny and I think the recomp is just the thing :smile:
  • Kim55555
    Kim55555 Posts: 987 Member
    Yep! :smile: