What's your go to cardio?

Just want to get a take on everyone's cardio routine.

Replies

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Running. I love the time to think, the fresh air, the challenge of beating your previous time/distance, and I can't find a quicker way of burning 500+ calories, which lets me eat a lot more than I could do otherwise.
  • StrongLife
    StrongLife Posts: 525 Member
    Not a big fan of cardio if it doesn't involve a ball. The rowing machine and Eliptical are the ones for me.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    elliptical or biking. I can do it often and my back, knees and various other joints do not hate me the next day.
  • debubbie
    debubbie Posts: 767 Member
    Usually elliptical at my house or running through the neighborhood or with friends. If I decide that I need to go to the gym, I like to use the rower to get more of a full body cardio workout and pair it with some strength training. Active rest days is riding the stationary bike, but I don't get much calorie burn that way.
  • eskimohugger
    eskimohugger Posts: 80 Member
    I am not a fan of cardio, but when I do, its usually the Stairmaster. Ive grown to adore that machine. It does some help with keeping my butt lifted, but is also a hard workout if you add in lunges or increase the speed! It can be an easy HIIT workout or just regular cardio
  • EbnyIvry
    EbnyIvry Posts: 736 Member
    For cardio I spin at home on a spin bike with videos. Variety of spinning videos keeps it interesting and fun. For strength, free weights and squats/lunges. Also 30-day shred occasionally.
  • I have a high school near my house. I'll walk there and get on the football field. I'll sprint 100 yards, then walk back, then repeat this 10 times, then head home.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    Biking, dancing, and running, though I prefer running as transportation as opposed to running laps or treadmills.
  • PennyVonDread
    PennyVonDread Posts: 432 Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm not sure if seasonal stuff counts, but I'm really fond of Frisbee, hiking, rock climbing, badminton, swimming in the river, and paddleboarding in the summer. Those don't exactly put me in an exercise mindset, but I think it still counts as cardio since those are my go-to when the weather permits.
  • PinkyPan1
    PinkyPan1 Posts: 3,018 Member
    My go to for cardio is power walking. I am now up to 7 miles a day. I have taken up golf and I combine the golf and power walking when weather permits. I am getting ready to go golfing now.
  • rankinsect
    rankinsect Posts: 2,238 Member
    Well, I enjoy walking and hiking, but when I actually do cardio training, it's HIIT on a stationary bike.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Running. Easy to do wherever I go
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,457 Member
    Fast walking. No equipment needed and no real training instruction needed.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    I have a high school near my house. I'll walk there and get on the football field. I'll sprint 100 yards, then walk back, then repeat this 10 times, then head home.

I do the same thing...
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Cycling! I commute to work when the weather is warm and do long rides on the weekends. It's starting to get cold so I am switching to gym work outs - elliptical, jogging on the treadmill and spinning.
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    I started sprinting with my dog in the big field I have! I never thought I'd like it, but I really do. I hate running, though, lol. Sprinting doesn't go on for as long, and my wonky ligaments like that much better. I do that every day, until the dog gets worn out ;)

Inside, I love my bellydance DVDs. Great fun, and I love the ab stuff that comes with that kind of dancing :)
  • PieAndLattes
    PieAndLattes Posts: 43 Member
    I find it really hard to enjoy any cardio that doesn't involve me riding my bike outside in the summer.But, if I've been feeling particularly sluggish, I'll sometimes force myself to do a walk/Sprint HIIT workout on the treadmill for 20 minutes, or incline walking on the treadmill (again, 20 minutes is about all I can do before I get bored).
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    When the light is about to turn red while crossing the street, I pick up my pace a little.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    I love hiking but when I need to do something inside, I do a fitness blender cardio (lots of calisthenics) or a leslie Sansone for a light day.

I didn't ride my bike at all this summer and now I'm wondering why the heck not? I love bike riding!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    my Specialized Roubaix Elite bicycle. beyond that, i try to force myself to do a 5K once per week or so (doesn't always happen) and I do quite a bit of walking. But really, riding 60-80 miles per week or more is my bread and butter.