Introductions!!

toastnhunny
toastnhunny Posts: 25 Member
edited September 2015 in Social Groups
Hey mamas!! So glad your here! Let's tell each other a bit about ourselves. My name is Sarah and I live in south Florida. My hubby and I have a beautiful baby boy who's 5 weeks old. I plan on breastfeeding at least one year, but possibly two. We'll see how it goes. It's been a real struggle over the past month, but we're still going strong! Tell the group about your breastfeeding journey!

Replies

• Watch_Me_Shine416
    Watch_Me_Shine416 Posts: 138 Member
    Hi! My name is Larissa and I'm 26 years old from Ohio. Hubby and I have a beautiful 5 month old daughter :) I plan on breastfeeding until she's one, we'll see how that goes. So far so good though! I'm looking to lose the baby weight and more without compromising my milk supply. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • toastnhunny
    Welcome, Larissa!! Congrats on your beautiful baby girl and for breastfeeding her this far! That's awesome! You can do it. There is a discussion board on our group page about increasing milk supply with a few links for information if you need it. You got this!
  • sarevalo3
    sarevalo3 Posts: 6 Member
    Hello! My name is Susana and I am nursing my 10month old son (third baby). I was over weight when I got pregnant so I can't say that I am losing my 'baby weight.' Feel super motivated to get in shape for my son's first birthday in late November. So far I have lost 9lbs in about 41 days. Larissa, it took me 7months to try to lose weight because I was afraid of losing my milk supply, but by now that supply is well established and my weight loss has not had an impact. So go ahead and give it a try!
  • SallySunshine23
    SallySunshine23 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, my name is Sally. First time mom and I'm breastfeeding my 4 month old. I was about 20 pounds overweight when I got pregnant, gained about 45 during pregnancy, and I've lost 20 pounds since my baby was born. Having trouble finding the time, energy, and motivation to create an exercise routine (preferably something I can do with baby).
  • oliverkatec
    oliverkatec Posts: 2 Member
    Hey everyone! First-time mom with an almost 6-month old lil guy. I've been exercising regularly but need to get my eating under control. I have been back at work since late August and my supply has been ok with working and pumping. I could use some accountability so feel free to add me :smiley:
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Hi all! It's great to see others in the same boat. :smile: My son is four months old and this extra baby weight (@ 20 lbs) is driving me crazy! My supply has been kind of touchy - I worked really hard to get it established after some feeding issues that didn't get resolved for about the first 5 weeks, and I'm concerned about messing with it. At first I was OK with just maintaining my current weight until after my son is weaned, but now I'm ready to start losing it very slowly. Before my pregnancy I was very active - I lifted weights 5 or 6 days a week. These days that's not really an option since I'm only getting 3-5 hours of interrupted sleep each night and I'm exhausted all the time. When his sleep patterns settle I'll start focusing on fitness again, but for now it's just watching my calories.

I'm always up for more pals that can relate, so feel free to add me!
  • tesha_chandler
    tesha_chandler Posts: 378 Member
    Hey! My name is Tesha and I'm a mom to a 9 week old baby girl. I struggled with breastfeeding for 5 weeks before I had surgery and couldn't nurse for a week. Pumping and dumping ruined my supply so I gave up out of frustration. Now I'm trying to relactate as even the smallest amount of BM is still better than none at all. I'm taking Motherlove capsules in hopes that it will help. I would love any advice! :)
  • Curleycue0314
    Curleycue0314 Posts: 245 Member
    Hi all! I'm back to MFP after having baby #2. Baby 1 and I didn't have a long BF journey but this time i'm 5 months and going strong with this LO. I have PCOS and I work full time. Finding time Exercise is hard and i'm finiding it hard to lose and getting discouraged. The PCOS makes it hard to lose weight to begin with and while BFing made me lose my baby weight it is coming back on and i CAN NOT gain back all that weight again. Looking for support and encouragement and suggestions. I need help figuring out the number of calories i should be eating a day without decreasing my supply. THanks Mommas!
  • toastnhunny
    Hi all! I'm back to MFP after having baby #2. Baby 1 and I didn't have a long BF journey but this time i'm 5 months and going strong with this LO. I have PCOS and I work full time. Finding time Exercise is hard and i'm finiding it hard to lose and getting discouraged. The PCOS makes it hard to lose weight to begin with and while BFing made me lose my baby weight it is coming back on and i CAN NOT gain back all that weight again. Looking for support and encouragement and suggestions. I need help figuring out the number of calories i should be eating a day without decreasing my supply. THanks Mommas!

Hi, depending on whether your nursing or pumping, the average calories burned per day is usually 300-500. However, if your pumping, you can add it up by 20 calories per ounce. If you have any questions, you can add me or message me!
  • toastnhunny
    Hey! My name is Tesha and I'm a mom to a 9 week old baby girl. I struggled with breastfeeding for 5 weeks before I had surgery and couldn't nurse for a week. Pumping and dumping ruined my supply so I gave up out of frustration. Now I'm trying to relactate as even the smallest amount of BM is still better than none at all. I'm taking Motherlove capsules in hopes that it will help. I would love any advice! :)

Hi Tesha! Congrats on your new baby! Motherlove is a great brand and it's really helped me bring my supply back up. Also, drinking lots of water and oats help tremendously. If you don't like oatmeal, try putting it in other things like smoothies or baked goods. Lactation cookies are great and you can make them too.