What type of energy drink is the best?

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    Define best.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    COFFEE!!! Lol jk

On a serious note, if you want flavor and zero cals....id go with monster. They're not that strong though. If you want something strong, id go with one of those off brands that no one ever really drinks. They might taste horrible, but if you want a kick, I'm sure they will do it:p
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    I don't like coffee or soda so I drink 1 sugar free red bull about 30 minutes before a workout. It doesn't have a ton of caffine in it, but gives me enough of a boost to push harder.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    I do C4 pre workout its the F-ing BOMB and a real wake up at 5am!!!! I like the zero calorie energy drinks here and there but coffee is my first choice
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member

In what context? In other words what are you hoping to achieve by consuming them?
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    espresso
  • QueenKristine77
    QueenKristine77 Posts: 67 Member
    coffee and tea
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member

The best for what exactly?
  • cannedgoo
    cannedgoo Posts: 72 Member
    I like the Monster Rehabs, which are a tea+lemonade(or limeade or what have you) for 20 cal a can. They aren't super strong but I like them better than any other energy drinks on the market, and they aren't carbonated.
  • jenathp
    jenathp Posts: 92 Member
    Be careful with energy drinks, they can give you kidney stones. They do it to me....and if you've never had a kidney stone they hurt like hell.
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    I don't know about 'best' but I prefer Monster absolute zero, or the new to the UK 'ultra' range.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    My favorite energy drink is coffee. Can't stand any of the energy drinks like Red Bull, Monster, etc. - they all leave me with a nasty metallic aftertaste like I'd been sucking on a penny or something. I always laugh at the people who get up on a pedestal and proclaim how dangerous and bad for you soda (or diet soda) is, then suck down an energy drink. LOL.
  • kstar191
    kstar191 Posts: 13 Member
    Yerba Mate. It's a tea. One bottle has 140mg of caffeine.
  • DisneyDude85
    DisneyDude85 Posts: 428 Member
    +1 for coffee :)
  • MsJulesRenee
    MsJulesRenee Posts: 1,180 Member
    edited October 2015
    RedBull Sugar Free (light blue trim). Don't get the zero calorie one (yellow trim)!! It tastes like liquid chapstick.

And of course coffee..