What's Your Most Recent NSV

Replies

• SdashS
    SdashS Posts: 2 Member
    I went to a potluck with 35 other women (SO! MUCH! GOOD! FOOD!) and had one tiny square (1"x2") of the cake I brought (my all time favorite), two glasses of red wine, and had a healthy dinner when I got home. Not eating at an event is HUGE for me- if it's in front of me, I'm usually eating. I came home and needed to brag to somebody about my good choices.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Well done!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Have been going to the gym now for a whole year, signed up 10-27-15. Doing some max tests so should have more to post over the next few days but for now:

Overhead press I managed 1 rep at 85. Slow but decent so tried 90 and no go, but some day I will get there.
    Pendlay row can almost do 135, 125 wasn't bad but couldn't pull 135 quite up enough. Still pleased with 125 even as I stalled around 105-115 for a while then switched to just bent over row at lower weight for a bit.

My last working set on ohp was 75 so knew I could maybe get 80 though upper body is slow to increase on, which made me quite pleased to get the 85. Year ago, I started with the bar then went to a slightly lighter weight pre-fixed bar in order to make sure form was better before moving up.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    SdashS wrote: »
    needed to brag to somebody about my good choices.
    One person's bragging is another person's encouragement! Thank you and way to go!

• tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Huge NSV for me. I ran my first 5K race. I finished in 33:08 which was under my goal of 35:00. So proud!!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    I had my annual physical today and not only did I get a clean bill of health (blood results not back yet, of course) but my doctor weighed me a second time because she thought what the nurse had written down was wrong. She said she would have expected more weight loss considering the change in the way I look. She asked what I was doing to lose weight and then said she thought my plan was "excellent". :)
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Looking in the mirror this morning, I didn't see a fat face and neck. (not sure if the victory is moe in the physical change or mental/internal one, but either way, it's good!!)
  • RolemodelmomT
    RolemodelmomT Posts: 107 Member
    Worked with my trainer last night and moved up from doing basic step-ups (with 35lbs) to step-ups on the weight bench (with only 10lbs). That increase in height was huge...I really didn't think I could do it!!!
  • eliaus3640
    eliaus3640 Posts: 32 Member
    Today was the first really cold day here so I had to put on a winter coat. I was happy to find out I am able to fit into my size 18 coat from high school! Before I started losing weight I wore a size 4x coat (around size 28).

• fitfatty88
    fitfatty88 Posts: 273 Member
    This is not a NSV, but I thought I'd share because I thought it was hilarious, sad, and true all at the same time. Maybe it will help to motivate someone to their own NSV. Now I will forever think of "The Blerch" when I'm feeling lazy.

"The terrible and wonderful reasons why I run long distances"
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/running

The Oatmeal is the greatest. I believe in The Blerch!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    I have been logging for 300 days now. I felt so healthy and strong today, even though my weight hasn't gone down for a month or so. I am happier with my body now. I was at a store the other day and out of the corner of my eye I saw someone I recognized. I quickly realized it was my reflection in a mirror that was like me from years ago. It was really weird. I still have 20 lbs I would love to loose, but it's happening very slow now, but I am ok with that. Keep up all the NSV's
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    This morning I did C25K (Week 5 Day 2) and to my horror found it had gone from 5:5:5 to 8:8 since Monday. What!! But I started in and after the first 8 minutes I thought, "That wasn't so bad, I think I could have gone a little longer." At the end of the second 8 minutes, I was still quite a ways from home, and was feeling great, and thought again, "I can still go longer." So I did! I ran through my 5 minute cool down for a total of 13 minutes! It was awesome! I can't wait for Friday.
  • theawill519
    theawill519 Posts: 242 Member
    70 pounds lost and my wedding dress fits again... Happy tears!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    I noticed that the "fat back up" that happens to my butt when I sit down isn't there anymore! It used to give me this weird shaped dimple shelf thing. lol Really articulate, I know but I'm not sure how else to describe it. lol
  • icemaiden37
    icemaiden37 Posts: 238 Member
    PinkyPan1 wrote: »
    I accompanied my youngest son (29 yrs old) to the doctors today for an EMG. I was sitting in the waiting room when a woman my age asked me if "my husband" was having trouble with his back. It was only us two in the waiting room and I looked at her and asked if she was speaking to me. She said she was and repeated her question. I smiled and told her that was my son and no he was here for an ankle injury. Her jaw dropped and she said "there is no way you are his mother." LOL She left and a nurse came out and said "your brother" is the sweetest guy ever!" I smiled and corrected her and said "my son is an awesome man and I am very proud of him." In less than 30 minutes I was told twice that I do not look my age. Whether these ladies meant it or not they made my day.

Best NSV ever!
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    I completed my first day of OMAD successfully!!!! woot!!
  • SamiHearken
    SamiHearken Posts: 178 Member
    Today a co-worker who I don't normally work with asked if I had lost weight. I haven't been asked that and been able to say yes in years!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    70 pounds lost and my wedding dress fits again... Happy tears!

Aww!

• 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    I didn't get fired from a job I love today, even though my boss gave me a talking to about some feedback she got. :o
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!