What's your motivation?

13»

Replies

• powellnut
    powellnut Posts: 5 Member
    I want to look good on my wedding day, whenever that is. I want to be healthy enough to have children. Most of all, I want my kids to be healthy.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Most of it is about performance for sports. Beyond that I would love to have quality in life as I grow older and be around to see my boys have their own families.
  • MarinaSmithx3
    MarinaSmithx3 Posts: 38 Member
    I'm going to leave my wife. I want to look good once I'm back on the market.

Woah
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    I'm going to leave my wife. I want to look good once I'm back on the market.

Woah

Stopped me in my tracks too!
  • Big5BigChange
    Big5BigChange Posts: 56 Member
    I want to be shocked when I look in the mirror by the wrinkles that belie the way I feel.

Love this in our botox obsessed world!
  • Big5BigChange
    Big5BigChange Posts: 56 Member
    KingsGirl4 wrote: »

The appearance is an added benefit but it's more important to ALWAYS love what you look like.

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment here. However, I think it is also important to be realistic. I'm all for being kind to yourself, but "head-in-the-sand" is potentially unhealthy.

Always love YOURSELF....yes. Always love what you look like....debateable.

• Juniper3411
    Juniper3411 Posts: 167 Member
    Went in to see the doctor for an annual physical and to talk to him about some health issues I was having. I knew I'd been putting on a few pounds but they told me my BMI had set off a trigger :(

They suspect that I have an autoimmune disease so I looked up diets that would help that and since I've been eating that way I feel TONS better in the sickness department and added side note I'm only 4 or 5 pounds away from being in the "normal" weight range wahoo! So really the motivation to eat healthy is not feeling like utter CRAP all the time, but can't lie that I'm excited to get back into some of my old clothes!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    KingsGirl4 wrote: »

The appearance is an added benefit but it's more important to ALWAYS love what you look like.

I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment here. However, I think it is also important to be realistic. I'm all for being kind to yourself, but "head-in-the-sand" is potentially unhealthy.

Always love YOURSELF....yes. Always love what you look like....debateable.

I agree with this. Loving yourself doesn't mean you have to love being fat. Being overly fat increases the risk for many diseases. It seem logical that part of loving yourself should be wanting to care for yourself.
  • Kim_K88
    Kim_K88 Posts: 37 Member
    edited October 2015
    I have a 3 year old, and some days I can't even keep up with her! I want to be able to enjoy these first years with her and maintain a healthy, happy family.
  • casandra_zamarripa
    casandra_zamarripa Posts: 133 Member
    My motivation is those who don't believe in me! They push me to do better work harder and be stronger just so I can prove to them I am more of a person then just some chubby chick! Can't wait to get healthy again and prove them all wrong!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    I was in the process of becoming a suicide girl years ago and let me just say - its not worth it , the pay is *kitten* the people are *kitten* but yea just a heads up to you OP

my motivation is to continue to feel healthy & gorgeous but mostly just healthy & how much better i feel now
  • IconStillFree
    IconStillFree Posts: 262 Member
    My past
  • NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    So, I've always been interested in this. What's your motivation to get healthy? Something that you're excited to achieve that keeps you motivated. Maybe an outfit that you have hanging from your closet that you will be able to wear? Something that you want to be able to do? Let me know!

Once I meet my target, I'll be applying to be a suicide girl. Because why the f*** not!

• NerdieMcChub
    NerdieMcChub Posts: 153 Member
    I want to feel comfortable with myself for once.
    I also want to prove to myself and others that autoimmune diseases aren't a "be fat and miserable forever," sentence. I have Hashimoto's (hypothyroidism) & celiac disease and am a mom of 4.
  • stircrzy
    stircrzy Posts: 47 Member
    Pictures of me at my wedding 10 years ago. I know I can get there again!