Headphones

2»

Replies

• jenathp
    jenathp Posts: 92 Member
    I like the wireless (bluetooth) powerbeats. And they come in pink :)
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,449 Member
    edited October 2015
    Jaybird BlueBud X headphones with tips from Comply. These cost a bit more but they sound better than anything else I have other than my even more expense on ear headphones. The Comply tips make them stay completely still in my ear. You can't beat them.

I believe the new version comes with Comply tips in the box. Otherwise you have to order them separately.
  • rbakedq
    rbakedq Posts: 141 Member
    I have both the wired and BT YurBuds. Once you figure out how to use the "twist lock" feature they stay in very well. I also find them comfortable, but everyone is different. For some, this is a negative, but for me the main reason I got the YurBuds is that they do allow ambient sound to come through. To me, this is very important, particularly when cycling. As for sound quality, not bad. Are they as good as my high-end audiophile headphones? No, but they are better than Apple earbuds, and as I mainly listen to audio books when working out it is not much of an issue.
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    I just got the Aftershokz Bluez 2 Bluetooth bone conduction headset. I love it. It, transmits sound via vibrations to your cheekbones (doesn't go in your ear or cover your ear. It's lightweight, repels sweat/water (not waterproof) & you can still hear everything around you making it a safer option for running outside. I find it very convenient and comfortable to wear. I paid about $120 Cdn. For it.

The only downside is that the music quality isn't as good as a good pair of regular headphones because it can't hit the bass notes because sound travels via vibrations.

http://aftershokz.com/products/bluez-2
  • michelleyg8
    michelleyg8 Posts: 7 Member
    I have the Bluetooth Beats wireless headphones, they are made for sports and exercise. I love them, sound great and stay put.
  • beachhouse758
    beachhouse758 Posts: 371 Member
    138shades wrote: »
    Bluetooth, nothing else and no worries about annoyance.....plus if you use your phone the bluetooth work as mic/hearing device.

When you use a bluetooth headset, is there a chance that someone running along the same path/near you, will pick up "your" music in their own bluetooth headset?
  • McCloud33
    McCloud33 Posts: 959 Member
    moyer566 wrote: »
    gdyment wrote: »
    Just bought these two weeks ago. They stay in which I find most ear bud styles do not.

61QnGffqutL._SY355_.jpg

http://www.sony.com/electronics/in-ear-headphones/mdr-as200

those are now on my Christmas list :)

Over the ear works best for me. I wear something similar to this that's also sony brand, but is open on one end.
    zbdby2dufmgp.jpg
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Bluetooth, nothing else and no worries about annoyance.....plus if you use your phone the bluetooth work as mic/hearing device.

When you use a bluetooth headset, is there a chance that someone running along the same path/near you, will pick up "your" music in their own bluetooth headset?

No. They will only pair to one device at a time.
  • Gavin_Campbell
    Gavin_Campbell Posts: 41 Member
    With all of the headphones I've had I've replaced the tips with comply foam tips. You compress them and put them in the ear so they expand and add isolation. It also helps them to stay in the ear when running.

Also I love the wireless headphones as well now that I have them. The wires always use to bother me.

Does it matter which wireless headphones you get for the foam tips?

I need to get a blue tooth headphone because I'm tired of cable issues while running, but I want to make sure I can get the foamy ear things to fit them because I love those....

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to take so long to reply. Their website has a feature where you could look up the compatibility with the headphones if you need. I just love the foam tips though. I have them on all my headphones.
  • QueenKristine77
    QueenKristine77 Posts: 67 Member
    i just use the new apple ear buds, they work great for me!
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    I also have Beats Bluetooth, but the longer I've had them the more dissatisfied I have become with them. I'm currently shopping for a new pair, but I'm awfully picky.
  • beachhouse758
    With all of the headphones I've had I've replaced the tips with comply foam tips. You compress them and put them in the ear so they expand and add isolation. It also helps them to stay in the ear when running.

Also I love the wireless headphones as well now that I have them. The wires always use to bother me.

Does it matter which wireless headphones you get for the foam tips?

I need to get a blue tooth headphone because I'm tired of cable issues while running, but I want to make sure I can get the foamy ear things to fit them because I love those....

Thanks in advance.

Sorry to take so long to reply. Their website has a feature where you could look up the compatibility with the headphones if you need. I just love the foam tips though. I have them on all my headphones.

Thank you
  • beachhouse758
    Hornsby wrote: »

No. They will only pair to one device at a time.

Good to know, Thank you.
  • FrankWhite27330
    FrankWhite27330 Posts: 316 Member
    jabra step I think is what I have PERFECT i wear them anytime im Biking mowing grass and at the gym

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,386 Member
    rbakedq wrote: »
    I have both the wired and BT YurBuds. Once you figure out how to use the "twist lock" feature they stay in very well. I also find them comfortable, but everyone is different. For some, this is a negative, but for me the main reason I got the YurBuds is that they do allow ambient sound to come through. To me, this is very important, particularly when cycling. As for sound quality, not bad. Are they as good as my high-end audiophile headphones? No, but they are better than Apple earbuds, and as I mainly listen to audio books when working out it is not much of an issue.

You're answering a question I was going to ask. Does anyone else have other options for headphones that let more ambient sound to pass through? When I'm out biking I don't want to block the sound too much. I've ridden up on way too many joggers/other bikers who can't hear a thing and are clueless that someone is quickly catching them. Not to mention traffic noise... I'd rather hear a car horn than feel an impact myself.
  • datsundriver87
    datsundriver87 Posts: 186 Member
    I have the plantronics backbeat fit Bluetooth headphones. Extremely lightweight, sweat proof, battery life is 2.5 hours or so, very comfortable, and extremely durable. I've had mine almost a year and they haven't let me down yet.
  • Blackdawn_70631
    Blackdawn_70631 Posts: 283 Member
    Whatever works best for you through trying out various brands.
    I've tried many, wired and none, large to small, expensive to cheap,. Surprisingly, what works best for me is what my husband won on an auction site for free. And even on the site they only cost .99 cents. It's the Gummy brand JVC headphones. Only thing that stays in my ears without ever falling out with the best sound quality. There are others with better quality, but that's the best one that never slips out and has been going strong for years.
    Just try out different ones and see what you like.
  • ZeroDelta
    ZeroDelta Posts: 242 Member
    I just got a pair of these. For $20 they sound pretty darn good!

61kRYuD0dKL._SL1500_.jpg

SoundPEATS Q800