Fall '15 babies

1202122232426»

Replies

• Baby will be here before you know it, @sarieth05! :) how are you feeling at the end?
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    I'm feeling pretty okay, actually! The weather's been icky and I've had a headache for the past few days, but other than that and pelvic pain, I'm worried he's a little TOO comfortable in there. ;) Doctor said if I make it to my next appointment (the 5th, which is actually 2 days after my due date), then we'll probably plan an induction day.
  • Oh no fun being uncomfortable at the end! I had my crazy migranes just weeks before baby was born! I guess by now you've either had baby or have an induction date set!? :)

Jacob is two weeks old now! It's amazing to think he's been here that long already! Time is just flying by!
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    My water broke yesterday around 4:26am with no contractions and the doctor wanted me to come in in 2-4 hours or so to get examined. I was 3 centimeters dialated by the time we got to the birth center, and they decided to put me on pitocin in the afternoon. 6 hours and 41 minutes later, my baby boy Owen was born at a whopping 9lbs 1oz, 21 inches. The staff was very impressed that this went so quickly for my first birth. >.> I did have some tearing and had to get lots of sutures and apparently lost more blood than most vaginal births but I get to go home tomorrow!
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Yay huge congrats! Love his name. Is that everyone now? Will do a proper update later on. Xxx
  • poke987
    poke987 Posts: 348 Member
    Congratulations @sarieth05!

Seems like we had many boy baby's this fall!!
  • Congratulations @sarieth05! So glad you had a quick delivery! I hope the healing process goes smoothly for you! Enjoy your little man! :)
  • poke987
    Where are you all going now for postpartum chat and weight loss? I know there was a forum for it, but can't recall the details. Help!
  • katiebrew
    katiebrew Posts: 103 Member
    @poke987 the postpartum pack! Though I find it a little quiet :(
  • helenmelon29
    Hi I will join post partum pak. I we make a 'fall' babies thread on it then anyone can join/ comment and catch up?
  • helenmelon29
    I've done the thread on the Post Partum pack and will try private message everyone to come and join. Please message any friends in case I miss some
    Helen x
  • poke987
    Thanks ladies!
  • poke987
    Baby Wilson is doing well! Hope you are enjoying your babies! My little guy was 12 lbs 15 oz at his 2 month well check! I feel like he is huge. He is gaining weight faster than my other 2 did! He is going into 3-6 month sized clothing this week! It's crazy, I have some holiday clothes to return/exchange! He nurses on demand, and then we supplement with formula. It's was true of my others as well, so he just is bigger! He sleeps 6-7 hrs most night, sometimes waking once to nurse then right back. I'm pretty happy with that! He is generally an easy baby, spitting up more than the other two ever did... but thats just been an adjustment and learning on my part!

Life is cruising along. I'm working on my weight, and we are preparing for winter in new England and the holiday season! Hope all of you are doing well!!