Not enough to time to eat!

rpr1985
rpr1985 Posts: 8 Member
3rd day and absolutely did not eat enough today schedule for meals and snacks is tough getting used to! 800+ calories under hopefully tomorrow will be better!

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Schedule two meals for the day if that works for you. This eating only twice works if you plan the calories --- get enough foods with lots of fat and protein like cheese omelets and dark meat chicken and such.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Why do you have a schedule

How did you eat before?

Do that but with portion and calorie control
  • ainarsraciks
    ainarsraciks Posts: 166 Member
    Get a shaker bottle, make a protein shake with some fat and carbs and carry it with you. Takes 3 min to make in blender at morning or pre-make at evening for next day and 30 sec to drink.

Example: protein powder + sweet cream/milk/nut butter/coconut oil and/or some kind of fruits. Blend it all up and you can make a delicious smoothly that has a lot of protein, fat and carbs in it, drink it anywhere when you have spare 30 sec.

Or cook meals at weekends/evening for day/s to come and carry around in plastic containers.

As far as reminder goes I suggest setting alarm on your smartphone to notify you when it's time to ate.

That all being said, you don't need to ate many meals a day to lose/gain weight. It's all about calories. If it's easier for you to ate one big meal instead of 4 small ones do that instead.

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Not enough to time to eat? How did you manage to get overweight?
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    I can put away thousands of calories in a couple of minutes.
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member

This.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member

This.

My thoughts exactly
  • NikaBlake
    NikaBlake Posts: 46 Member
    I am a working, mother of two very active little ones, who trying to gain some weight. Not enough time to eat is my main tagline :joy: !
    I agree the smoothie idea is a great start, however I did try that last time and ended up not even having enough time to make that! Here's to better luck this time :smile:
  • TrickyDisco
    TrickyDisco Posts: 2,869 Member
    To those who think they've not enough time to eat, you're obviously making SOME time to eat otherwise you would not exist. And to those busy people responsible for smaller people surely you are feeding them? So prepare an extra adult-sized portion and feed yourself at the same time.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    I prepare food before i leave in the morning and more complicated things once a week. throw it all in a lunch bag and i can graze all day with my pre-weighed food
  • Jokersurv
    Jokersurv Posts: 75 Member
    The time that you spent on here posting and reading post could have been used eating. It's ok to put the phone down and get off the internet the world is not going to end.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    I worked late yesterday and was gone from the house from 6:50 AM through 10 PM, and when I got home I had to help one of the kids with studying for a math test until about 11 PM. I still had time to eat about 2400 calories.
  • wasp700
    wasp700 Posts: 8 Member
    3 minute mama noodles with a hand full of mixed veg, crack an egg in the middle . micro wave for 3 minutes.Great quick easy meal. 320 cals approx.Lost 5 kilos over last 3 weeks having that for lunch and main meal in evening.good luck
  • QueenKristine77
    QueenKristine77 Posts: 67 Member
    Jokersurv wrote: »
    The time that you spent on here posting and reading post could have been used eating. It's ok to put the phone down and get off the internet the world is not going to end.

HA! i was going to say this exact same thing!

• brennaleo
    brennaleo Posts: 4 Member
    Why are people being rude? Sure the time she spent posting this she could have been eating, but I'm sure she means actual meals. I am really overweight but I run in to the same problem, and that's exactly my problem -- during the day I under eat so later I "make up for it". But either way it shouldn't matter. People shouldn't have to worry about their posts here being ridiculed and picked apart! We should all be motivating and supporting each other, we are all here for the same reason!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    brennaleo wrote: »
    Why are people being rude? Sure the time she spent posting this she could have been eating, but I'm sure she means actual meals. I am really overweight but I run in to the same problem, and that's exactly my problem -- during the day I under eat so later I "make up for it". But either way it shouldn't matter. People shouldn't have to worry about their posts here being ridiculed and picked apart! We should all be motivating and supporting each other, we are all here for the same reason!

Why would it have to be meals? If I'm short on calories the first thing I do is grab a spoonful of nut butter or coconut oil. The OP posted that she was consuming only 800 calories, that is not a good thing.
    The other posters are trying to let her know that she did have time. In the time it takes to post the thread she could have consumed a lot of calories with higher calorie choices.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    You can even eat while you post! Grab a Post-Eat!
  • Jokersurv
    Jokersurv Posts: 75 Member
    go5wbfybzfsl.jpeg
    brennaleo wrote: »

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Useful techniques that knock down your excuses

1) batch cook at the weekend / when you have a spare hour. Make big casseroles, stews, soups. Build them in recipe builder, weigh finished fish log it as number of 100g servings. Put in fridge, Freeze half in portions. Quick hot go to meals in under 5 minutes

2) grate a tub of very strong cheese, put in Tupperware in fridge / precook rice...fridge Tupperware...microwave is your friend

3) pre-bagged salad

4) spend time in supermarket looking for healthy, lower calorie ready meals...do not look in weightwatchers / lean cuisine style foods but the regular ones...that's how I found BOL Sri Lankan lentil sambar and thai coconut curry etc ...meals under 300 calories eaten on a bed of mixed salad leaves

5) find snacks you love ...0% Greek yogurt and berries,multipack chips, toast, ice lollies and ice creams etc

6) frozen veg (including Mediterranean style roast veg), cartons of egg white, triangles low fat spreading cheese

7) re-prioritise and stop making excuses for why its so hard for you ...it's not easy for anyone
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,097 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Useful techniques that knock down your excuses

1) batch cook at the weekend / when you have a spare hour. Make big casseroles, stews, soups. Build them in recipe builder, weigh finished fish log it as number of 100g servings. Put in fridge, Freeze half in portions. Quick hot go to meals in under 5 minutes

2) grate a tub of very strong cheese, put in Tupperware in fridge / precook rice...fridge Tupperware...microwave is your friend

3) pre-bagged salad

4) spend time in supermarket looking for healthy, lower calorie ready meals...do not look in weightwatchers / lean cuisine style foods but the regular ones...that's how I found BOL Sri Lankan lentil sambar and thai coconut curry etc ...meals under 300 calories eaten on a bed of mixed salad leaves

5) find snacks you love ...0% Greek yogurt and berries,multipack chips, toast, ice lollies and ice creams etc

6) frozen veg (including Mediterranean style roast veg), cartons of egg white, triangles low fat spreading cheese

7) re-prioritise and stop making excuses for why its so hard for you ...it's not easy for anyone

This!!!

I am on a restricted diet that highly limits any convenience foods. With my right arm in a cast it has been difficult to prep fresh meat and produce.

At first I had a "pity party" and then I found solutions.

OP...throw things in a crockpot and then go do your busy life...come home to a cooked meal.