500 Days

Wow, I just reached 500 days of logging in. Very cool!

I began this journey when my blood pressure readings were bad, four Dr visits in a row. My Dr told me to lose 10 pounds, cut out extra sodium and cut back on my wine intake (I am in the wine business).

To start at the beginning. I used to be very thin and fit. Envied by my friends. Then, I found myself gaining weight, a little at first, the a bunch. It was bad, and got worse.

This wake up call was the kick in the butt that I needed. I literally reformed my eating and fitness habits the day I walked out of my Drs office.

When I saw her, two months later, I was down 17 pounds. At the four month mark, I was down 30. As of this past week, I am down 85 pounds.

I am 18 pounds to the goal that I set for myself. I do not know, yet, if that will be the final weight. We shall see.

One of the fun parts...shopping in my own closet. The "yes, I can wear that again" moments.

In my skinny days, I weighed 125. I literally got up to 240. I am now at 155. You are the only people who I have admitted those numbers to. Oy!

Two weeks ago, I bought three new sweatshirts and one pair of sweat pants (as winter at home attire). Damned if I didn't have to buy size medium, Now that is sweet!

If you made it to this paragraph of my post, thank you for reading. :smile:

Replies

• AspenDan
    AspenDan Posts: 703 Member
    Awesome
    !!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Congratulations!
  • amyepdx
    amyepdx Posts: 750 Member
    edited November 2015
    I'm about 300 days and down 69 - I shop in my closet all the time! Thanks for the inspiration :smile:
  • CoffeeNCardio
    CoffeeNCardio Posts: 1,847 Member
    A job well done!!!! You're an inspiration:) And most importantly, and I don't think we say this enough...

You EARNED it!
  • pdxwine
    pdxwine Posts: 389 Member
    Thank you, all. I am very pleased with what I have accomplished.

I did it the real way, with all of you here. Being accountable for what I eat. Life is good.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Congratulations! Excellent work! You've done very well. Thanks for sharing your story.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Amazing! You have really turned it around! Thank you for sharing your story... xoL
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    You're an inspiration to us all - thanks for sharing and well done :)
  • cwthx
    cwthx Posts: 11 Member
    Congrats! Same here, more clothes that fit. But I have clothes that are too loose.
  • dawniemate
    dawniemate Posts: 395 Member
    Great work! ! Keep on rockin ! !