Anyone starting couch to 5k? wanna be friends?

iamkarent
iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
I am just getting started back to watching what I am eating and going to start the couch to 5k program. I would love to add some fun people to my friend list to help support each other. Anyone interested?? I am sooooo ready to make time for myself and get back to feeling good.....

I am looking to get back to being active, lose weight and create new healthy habits.

I will still have a piece of cheesecake etc from time to time(just not as big or as often...lol) because for me this is about making a healthy lifestyle not deprive myself of things I enjoy and crash diet for rapid results....I am in it for the long haul. Would love friends with a similar view.

I am starting from very low/sedentary lifestyle....with a good 40 lbs to lose....this program is very good for starting out....let's do this! :)

Replies

• itsmyvwbeetle
    itsmyvwbeetle Posts: 272 Member
    When are you planning on starting? I am actually going to start training for a half marathon in April (stretch goal) but will be using the couch to app to do it. So even though my ultimate distance is longer I will be starting at the same place. I havent ran, really ran in a year.
  • prettygirlstorm1
    prettygirlstorm1 Posts: 722 Member
    Hi I have done the C25K several times once with a group and several times on my own. I ran my one and only 5k race in 36 minutes!!! Then I realized that I hated to run!!! lol but I would still like to be friends. I have 40 pounds to lose and it has been a JOURNEY!!! I need as much motivation and support as I can get and hope to give a lot along the way!!!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    edited November 2015
    Good luck OP. It's going to be a bit challenging at first but if you stick with it you'll be so glad you did. I'm currently not running but there are lots of people here that are. You should have lots of friends in no time.

• mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    edited November 2015
    Me! I'm down 56lbs since the worst point and 28lbs since May1st of this year. I can finally move much, much better than ever before. Feel free to add me as a friend.

I have actually been doing intervals/hills training over the last month and I'm ready to start. My three "run" days are tues/thurs and one of the weekend days. Ready to move on to something structured now.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Yes and Yes! I started Zombies to 5K and did week 1. I'm not sure I like the "calf raises" and such built in to the program, but I like the narrative so I'll keep doing it and see what happens. Right now my biggest challenge is finding time to run before nightfall, because my neighborhood has no streetlights but lots of coyotes. Also snow, as of today. Planning to do W2D1 on Saturday! :)
  • iamkarent
    iamkarent Posts: 145 Member
    I plan on starting today! I have started the program before, and got half way through it and was really enjoying it but landed in hospital with other issues and had to stop activity for quite a while. I am overdue to get back on track so hoping I can get the routine back ...and thinking this will help. I want my energy level and strength back.
  • eep223
    eep223 Posts: 624 Member
    Awesome! I did it twice... and last time I worked my way up to a half marathon before taking a too long break (ten months... oops!). I'm not sure I'm going to do the whole program again, but I'm going to attempt a little jog and see how I do. I really miss running. I felt great and lost 30 pounds!
  • mommyof4cpa
    mommyof4cpa Posts: 82 Member
    I am starting over the weekend...probably Sunday this weekend. I need to use today for cross training - aka I've got about 2 hours worth of leaf blowing that needs to get done before it rains here again.
  • rbratt06
    rbratt06 Posts: 2,860 Member
    I've just started myself! Feel free to add me! :)
  • vijayshrinivas1
    vijayshrinivas1 Posts: 3 Member
    Am interested in it
  • GetThatRunnersHigh
    GetThatRunnersHigh Posts: 112 Member
    Hey, I'm probably going to sound like an infomercial but just wanted to say that C25K is absolutely wonderful! I started about a year ago and have progressed from a completely sedentary lifestyle to running 20-30 miles per week. Good luck!
  • chandramiller68
    chandramiller68 Posts: 189 Member
    iamkarent wrote: »
    I am just getting started back to watching what I am eating and going to start the couch to 5k program. I would love to add some fun people to my friend list to help support each other. Anyone interested?? I am sooooo ready to make time for myself and get back to feeling good.....

I am looking to get back to being active, lose weight and create new healthy habits.

I will still have a piece of cheesecake etc from time to time(just not as big or as often...lol) because for me this is about making a healthy lifestyle not deprive myself of things I enjoy and crash diet for rapid results....I am in it for the long haul. Would love friends with a similar view.

I am starting from very low/sedentary lifestyle....with a good 40 lbs to lose....this program is very good for starting out....let's do this! :)

Hi @iamkarent Feel free to add me. I am actually on Week 4 and this is my 2nd time doing C25K. I had leg surgery in August and am using C25K to slowly get back into running.
  • Lil206
    Lil206 Posts: 16 Member
    I wouldn't mind joining please. It might give me the motivation I really do need.
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    Hey, I'm probably going to sound like an infomercial but just wanted to say that C25K is absolutely wonderful! I started about a year ago and have progressed from a completely sedentary lifestyle to running 20-30 miles per week. Good luck!

Same! C25K was a game changer for me. Started out completely sedentary earlier this year and am now running 10k distances (and about to start training for a half marathon). Enjoy the program, and don't be afraid to repeat weeks if you need to.

Also, there's a great c25k group on here that's super supportive:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k

Have fun!
  • martazdz
    martazdz Posts: 89 Member
    Hey! I'm on week 4 and just signed up for 5k run in a month! Feel free to add!
  • Kris_ott
    Kris_ott Posts: 11 Member
    Hey, feel free to add me. I'm looking at starting to train for a 10km soon. I'm not much of a runner but I'm trying to change that.
  • Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
    Feel free to add me. I just finished week 2 day 1. I did the program about 4 years ago and it really worked. I went from not being able to run a mile to becoming an avid runner and even completing a marathon a couple of years later. Unfortunately I fell back into working a lot, eating badly, and not exercising so I'm back to starting C25K all over again.
  • yardprincess
    yardprincess Posts: 42 Member
    I would like to try this, but don't know where to go to even get started... any tips? Add me as a friend if you want as well, I'm always looking for positive people to work with! :)
  • martazdz
    martazdz Posts: 89 Member
    I would like to try this, but don't know where to go to even get started... any tips? Add me as a friend if you want as well, I'm always looking for positive people to work with! :)

Start witd downloading app for c25k. There are plenty and they are free. They are very helpful telling you when to run and walk so all you have to do is switch it on and set off! :)
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Hi
    I started the c210k a few weeks ago, I've always hated running but I know it's a fab thing to shift weight, I've already lost 6 inches and have run my first 5k in a long time.
    I'm doing a 10k virtual race in December so have 5 weeks to find the other 5k
    Oh and I don't stop eating what I want, I just eat in moderation we are human after all and a little bit of something will never hurt you